PDA

View Full Version : Plsyoff Game Next Week ?

bozz723
09-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Ok, so we lost, it hurt, and we move on. However the bengals and ravens are 2-0 inside of our division. Would any of you consider this a playoff type game in the third week ? I definately do. However, I think our offense is good, and if our defense stays off the field, will stop Cincys vaunted offensive attacik. IMO we have the best defense in the league still.

Ben just needs to hit receivers and get a little bit better next week. I think it's a must win or we have a tough tough road ahead of us..

stlrtruck
09-19-2006, 08:42 AM
I think the outcome of the bungles game comes down to our defense getting off the field on 3rd downs and our offense managing the clock a lot better than they did last night.
I would consider a playoff type game because losing it puts us back 2 games early and the schedule doesn't get easier.
If the cincy coaches have watched any of the two games, they'll know how to take advantage of our secondary's inability to tackle. That scares me going in to this game. I'm hoping dickie lebeau gets it straightened out in this short period of time before the game.

Lordduvall
09-19-2006, 08:46 AM
We looked awefull last night, I'm afraid if we lose to Cinncy, best we may get is a wildcard again, tough sched ahead----hopefully they will bounce back , or another 1980 maybe comin !

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2006, 09:01 AM
I agree losing to the Bengals at home would be a major problem, but let's wait until the loss occurs before abandoning the season.

We have become accustomed to winning on the road, but last night's loss is less disheartening than the Jax or Ravens losses last year. No shame in losing to a playoff caliber team on its home field on Monday night.

Focus on Sunday on D will be to get off the field on third down. Offensively, the running game needs to be established. With Pollack and Odell Thurman out running on the Bengals will be a much easier task than running inside on Jax.

With a home crowd behind him, I look for Ben (who has never had problems moving the ball against the Bengals) to come up big this coming Sunday. He better play well,since it will take at least 24 points to beat Cincy.

Infamix
09-19-2006, 10:03 AM
I think the Bengals won't be able to convert as well on third down as the Jaguars did against our D. That will make a huge difference in the game's outcome.

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Early line has Steelers favored by 3, which accounting for home field advantage seems right to me - two evenly matched teams

Justin Otstott
09-19-2006, 10:53 AM
It's gonna be a good game I hope! I think this game could be a Playoff type of game with these two teams going at it! Can't wait!