PDA

View Full Version : When did this place turn into a Detroit Lions forum?

bangpow
09-19-2006, 11:41 AM
I have been reading some threads about last nights game and man, you guys sound like Lions fans on here. Some are already panicking and getting all worried about the state of the defense and offense....just like the Lions fans do, but they have a point because the Lions suck.

First off, Ben was afraid to take hits last night and he couldn't scramble, which was needed.

Secondly, Ben, because of his injuries and illness, played terrible and was throwing the ball high all day long and leaving his WR's out to take big hits.

Third, the D played fine. Give credit to the Jags O-line that were blocking like champions, man. The Steelers would bring multiple guys and they would block them all.

Fourth, the Jags D took away the running game completely. Give 'em credit, they are a very good defense. So, they made the Steelers one-dimension, put Ben at about 70% health, and you have a 9-0 loss to the Jags.

They will be fine. Relax.

pucho58
09-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I have been reading some threads about last nights game and man, you guys sound like Lions fans on here. Some are already panicking and getting all worried about the state of the defense and offense....just like the Lions fans do, but they have a point because the Lions suck.

First off, Ben was afraid to take hits last night and he couldn't scramble, which was needed.

Secondly, Ben, because of his injuries and illness, played terrible and was throwing the ball high all day long and leaving his WR's out to take big hits.

Third, the D played fine. Give credit to the Jags O-line that were blocking like champions, man. The Steelers would bring multiple guys and they would block them all.

Fourth, the Jags D took away the running game completely. Give 'em credit, they are a very good defense. So, they made the Steelers one-dimension, put Ben at about 70% health, and you have a 9-0 loss to the Jags.

:iagree:

SteelerFanInCA
09-19-2006, 02:51 PM

Amen!!!

Da Question
09-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Damn those rb's for Jags picked up our blitz better then neone. AGREED we will be back by next week. Win or lose I never throw in the terrible towel.

SteelersNationsfl
09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Thank you for posting this topic. I totally agree with you 100% and I think we just had a bad night last night. Give credit to the Jags where it is due because they played a helluva game last night on D. Give credit for not getting blown out evenmore to our D. because they only allowed 9 points or 3 field goals. They were out there a lot last night. I was sitting there thinking lets get the D off the feild, then we went "3 and out" and the defense came back on the field. I was really hoping for an INT for a touchdown to get things going but, we never got anything going on offense.

We had a bad game, the jags played an awesome game "on defense". I would like to see how they will fair against the Colts next week because, they are going to have to put up a lot more points than that to win. But, good luck to them.

Sharkissle29
09-19-2006, 04:36 PM
ageed, not panic mode yet...if we lose to the bengals ill get a little worried but its so early

HometownGal
09-19-2006, 05:20 PM
If people would only remember that at the 12 game mark last season, the Steelers had a record of 7-5 and things were looking pretty dim. No need to go into what transpired after that. :tt02:

From the infamous words of Bluto (Animal House)......

"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? LET'S DO IT!"

http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes6/animalhouse347.jpeg

Stlrs4Life
09-19-2006, 08:36 PM
:iagree: I have been reading some threads about last nights game and man, you guys sound like Lions fans on here. Some are already panicking and getting all worried about the state of the defense and offense....just like the Lions fans do, but they have a point because the Lions suck.

wadester47
09-19-2006, 08:41 PM
can i get an amen from the people in the back, ps how did you get me college picture from last year!!!

SteelCityMan786
09-19-2006, 09:27 PM
What's all the complaints. Remmber, IT'S ONLY WEEK 2! Their is still 14 more games to be played.

bangpow
09-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Damn those rb's for Jags picked up our blitz better then neone.

Exactly. I was very impressed by Maurice Drew's blocking ability and they did a great job keeping the Steelers D off of Byrons ass. Seriously, I don't think I've seen an offensive line play much better than the Jags line did last night in a long time.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-19-2006, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=HometownGal;152319]
"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? LET'S DO IT!"