PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Well after reading some of the posts on this site today. I must say it shocks me that some are giving up on the season after one game. Yes it was a horrible performance by our entire offense. But its one freaking game and we did face a team that was 12-4 last year. Not to mention in a stadium were we have never won in the month of September. One thing to add also is the Jags defense is really good. We did make them look like the Steel Curtain last night. But anyway here is my take on last night game.

The Good-Which there wasn't alot. But major props to our entire defense. Those guys played their hearts on D. I felt so bad for them last night. They did everything they could to keep us in that game.

The Bad-The starting offensive line. I like our O-line. But no more talk about this unit as the best Oline in the NFL. I thought they played poorly last night. I know the Jags Dline is very good. But they are very overrated as a unit. If you want to be an elite offensive line you have to dominate some of the better Dlines from time to time. The Jags defensive line like last year dominated our offensive line. I like Max Starks but for a guy his size. He should dominate more.

The Ugly-Ben Roethlisberger. I'm not shocked that he stunk so bad last night. It was expected. But that was an ugly performance. He had no rythem all game. Its alright Big Ben. Just bounce back next week.

The bottom line. I give the Jags major credit. They out played us and punched us in the mouth. For all the talk of us being the most physical team in the NFL. The Jags beat us at our own game. Its only one game and its still early. If any fans have any doubt or want to throw in the Terrible Towel. Then please don't post here. Even if this team doesn't make the playoffs. They are still my team. Which its way early to even talk playoffs.

P.S. memo to Bill Cowher. How about dressing Willie Reid next game? Both Colclough and Holmes are not looking to good on punt returns. For all the talk about this guy replacing Randle El as the punt returner. He should be active for the games.

SteelerFanInCA
09-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Great post BGF32!!!! Go Steelers.

Prosdo
09-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I have to agree. I have seen a lot of people think it is over already. Heck that was game 2. There are 14 more left in this season. The Steelers will get their stuff together and come out strong against the Bengals.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-19-2006, 02:50 PM
The Steelers always manage to play one UGLY UGLY game a year and hopefully that was it. Now moving on to next Sunday.

Da Question
09-19-2006, 02:51 PM
I couldnt imagine the season being over after week 2,
must be all the bandwagoners lol....
Im making a predictions after week 2 we gonna end up 13-3 division champs .... GO STEELERS.................

19ward86
09-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I KNOW IVE SAID STUFF TODAY BUT I AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT U SAID. WHEN EVERYONE SAYS WE HAVE THE BEST LINE IT IS BECAUSE WE HAVE A VERY BALANCED LINE, WE ARENT LIKE THE 05 SEAHAWKS WHERE THE LEFT SIDE OR RIGHT SIDE IS DOMINATE. WE HAVE A GRADE A LINE THAT FELL APART, I BELIEVE THAT WE EITHER DRAFT A STRONG GUARD TO TAKE PLACE OF SIMMONS OR A POWER BACK.CHRIS KOMEATU IS NOT THE ANSWER, I BELIEVE A USC LINEMAN IN THE FIRST ROUND WILL BE OUR CHOICE.

Lambertfan
09-19-2006, 02:58 PM
I take it one play at a time,one game at a time...When was the last time Ben had played in a real game? The defense was out there all nite and NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gave up a touchdown...Hats off to our D!!!!!!!! We lost 9-0 not 100-0

Da Question
09-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I take it one play at a time,one game at a time...When was the last time Ben had played in a real game? The defense was out there all nite and NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gave up a touchdown...Hats off to our D!!!!!!!! We lost 9-0 not 100-0

:cheers: to the D
3 fgs plus the jags were always in good field position,

SteelersNationsfl
09-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah I think out Defense deserves a heap load of credit and then some.

Time Of Pos.22:3537:25
Our Defense was out there for almost 40 minutes in a game. I would say for the amount of time they were out there that they did an awesome job last night. We certainly could have lost 35-0 or something to that tune but, the defense in spite of no offensive production NEVER gave up. They didn't give up once.

Yeah I saw a lot of frustraited faces on Offense. I didn't see one frustraited face on defense. We'll be just fine.

That is the type of game that the steelers need once in a while to realize what can go wrong on offense and how they can fix it.

I mean we were what 7-5 with 4 games left last year. I was a lurker here at that point and wow there were a lot of people saying we couldn't do it, season over and general stuff like that.

We'll be back next week.

tony hipchest
09-19-2006, 03:49 PM
good thread. im thinking this game will serve as a wake up call to the team AND coaches. it better. if were gonna struggle against good defenses, we better take a hard look at:
ravens x 2
san diego
atlanta
carolina

on our schedule

Ambridge
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
good thread. im thinking this game will serve as a wake up call to the team AND coaches. it better. if were gonna struggle against good defenses, we better take a hard look at:
ravens x 2
san diego
atlanta
carolina

on our schedule

The Steelers got another big test with San Diego's "Buzzsaw" defense right after the bye week.
I think the Bolts D front and linebackers are every bit as good as Jacksonville's if not better.
We'll find out if last nights game was more of a fact than a fluke for the Steelers offense.

Hammer67
09-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I KNOW IVE SAID STUFF TODAY BUT I AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT U SAID. WHEN EVERYONE SAYS WE HAVE THE BEST LINE IT IS BECAUSE WE HAVE A VERY BALANCED LINE, WE ARENT LIKE THE 05 SEAHAWKS WHERE THE LEFT SIDE OR RIGHT SIDE IS DOMINATE. WE HAVE A GRADE A LINE THAT FELL APART, I BELIEVE THAT WE EITHER DRAFT A STRONG GUARD TO TAKE PLACE OF SIMMONS OR A POWER BACK.CHRIS KOMEATU IS NOT THE ANSWER, I BELIEVE A USC LINEMAN IN THE FIRST ROUND WILL BE OUR CHOICE.

Why are you yelling? :flap:

Hammer67
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
If you think the Steelers season is over after game two. Please do not post here any longer....:dang:

Haiku_Dirtt
09-19-2006, 04:35 PM
P.S. memo to Bill Cowher. How about dressing Willie Reid next game? Both Colclough and Holmes are not looking to good on punt returns. For all the talk about this guy replacing Randle El as the punt returner. He should be active for the games.

Perfect analysis. The loss this year to J-ville is nothing like the loss last year.

Why Reid is not dressed after his preseason work is a complete mystery to me. I'd even take it -possibly - one step further and get him some reps at receiver. Especially since Ced has reverted to his regular season form. Why not just put Wilson on the practice squad until the playoffs? Geeez.

SteelCzar76
09-19-2006, 05:31 PM
The Good: Our Linebackers,.....Foote in particular (he's getting better each season) Coach Lebeau's play calling,....if he was'nt here it would have been far worse.

The Bad: Troy and Ben not being at 100% physicaly. As well as us losing our identity by not being able to run the ball. Willie is still a class back,......he's just not built for games of that nature. The sad part is,....we did not accuire a back for such games ? (No Davenport is NOT the answer)

The Ugly: The O-line,....and every bottom feeder player we have on our roster. Ricardo C#cklocker, Cedric Wilson, Ty Carter. As well as the fact that our secondary lacks TRUE fire, talent, physicality and playmaking ability,.... outside of Troy. (He's a Samurai, but still just one man,....and he was injured.)
Anthony Smith can't get on the field because we have Clark and Ty out there looking like Benny Hill extra's ?? Coach,.... please stop the Bullsh#t. :banging:

With all this said,..... perhaps this loss is what we needed to finally understand that EVERY team we play this year is going to go hard against us,....and we have to perform like Champions each week,.... no matter whom the opponent. If we are worthy of being champions we will do so,......if not the result will be absolute dishonor.

I believe that we will still win it all. (But then again,... i always expect to win,.....one should never ACCEPT or be complacent about defeat) May this game be just merely a wake up call,...or skirmish if you will.

"Hail Caesar,......["HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"][/B]