PDA

View Full Version : LIVIN IN OHIO SUCKS

19ward86
09-19-2006, 03:17 PM
BENGALS,BROWNS, AND CRITICS O MY. AS SOME KNOW I LIVE IN VANDALIA,OHIO AND I AM A STUDENT. I KNEW AFTER LAST NIGHT I WAS IN FOR AN ANNOYING DAY AT SCHOOL. BEFORE SCHOOL STARTED I WALKED UP TO MY HOMEROOM WHERE THE TEACH IS A BENGAL FAN, AND HE SAID "HOW BOUT THEM STEELERS." THAT PISSED ME OFF, AFTER MY ARGUMENT WITH HIM I HAD A CLASS FULL OF BENGAL FANS. THEY SAID THEY WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO BEATING US NEXT WEEK, AND I SAID THERE IS A CHANCE IF BEN HAS ANOTHER BAD GAME. THEY SAID "O SO ITS BENS FAULT U GUYS LOST" I SAID WELL IF HE THROWS 2 PICS AND OUR D IS ALWAYS ON THE FIELD WE CANT SCORE. THEN I REMEMBERED THE WILD CARD GAME. BENGALS FANS COMPLAINED ABOUT PALMER AND THAT IS WHY THEY LOST. I SAID OUR TEAM CAN WIN GAMES WITHOUT BEN UNLIKE THE BENGALS. SOME PEOPLE SAID JUST BECAUSE THE BENGALS WERE ON THE FAB 5 LIST THAT THE BENGALS WERE THE BETTER TEAM. YET LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY THAT THE STEELERS WERE 1ST 3RD AND 4TH ON THE LIST AND BENGALS WERE 1ST 3RD AND I THINK 5TH. EXACTLY.

stlrtruck
09-19-2006, 04:31 PM
First of all, my sincere apologies for having to live in Ohio. I've been there on a visit or two and the only good thing there is the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.
As for all the bungle fans and clowns fans, all they want to do is whine about last year. We lost a game and sooner or later they'll lose a game too.
But be a true fan, don't whine about it (especially to them). It wasn't all Ben's fault it was a team effort and the team lost.
Let them cry and brag all they want, even if they win this week. The season is 16 weeks and until we are eliminated from the playoffs, then we are still the DEFENDING Super Bowl champs...let them chew on that for awhile!

HometownGal
09-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Hon - first - can you please not post in all CAPS? I think one of our Mods requested that of you in another thread - you probably didn't see it. Thanks! :smile:

Remember - you are dealing with green weenies. Envy is the ugliest color of green. As stlrtruck so correctly pointed out - until February, 2007 - we are the defending Super Bowl champs no matter what the outcome of the regular season. Ask them how many Super Bowl rings their teams have - that usually shuts them up fast and in a hurry and leaves them with that nar-nar DOH look on their faces. :tt02:

83-Steelers-43
09-19-2006, 05:16 PM
You couldn't pay me to live in Ohio. As already stated, Canton is the only good thing in that whole state.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-19-2006, 05:23 PM
May I suggest lithium? Not for you but for them.

Hammer67
09-19-2006, 05:53 PM
BENGALS,BROWNS, AND CRITICS O MY. AS SOME KNOW I LIVE IN VANDALIA,OHIO AND I AM A STUDENT. I KNEW AFTER LAST NIGHT I WAS IN FOR AN ANNOYING DAY AT SCHOOL. BEFORE SCHOOL STARTED I WALKED UP TO MY HOMEROOM WHERE THE TEACH IS A BENGAL FAN, AND HE SAID "HOW BOUT THEM STEELERS." THAT PISSED ME OFF, AFTER MY ARGUMENT WITH HIM I HAD A CLASS FULL OF BENGAL FANS. THEY SAID THEY WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO BEATING US NEXT WEEK, AND I SAID THERE IS A CHANCE IF BEN HAS ANOTHER BAD GAME. THEY SAID "O SO ITS BENS FAULT U GUYS LOST" I SAID WELL IF HE THROWS 2 PICS AND OUR D IS ALWAYS ON THE FIELD WE CANT SCORE. THEN I REMEMBERED THE WILD CARD GAME. BENGALS FANS COMPLAINED ABOUT PALMER AND THAT IS WHY THEY LOST. I SAID OUR TEAM CAN WIN GAMES WITHOUT BEN UNLIKE THE BENGALS. SOME PEOPLE SAID JUST BECAUSE THE BENGALS WERE ON THE FAB 5 LIST THAT THE BENGALS WERE THE BETTER TEAM. YET LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY THAT THE STEELERS WERE 1ST 3RD AND 4TH ON THE LIST AND BENGALS WERE 1ST 3RD AND I THINK 5TH. EXACTLY.

I am just imagining you screaming this entire post outloud at the top of your lungs! :laughing:

Ohio Steeler
09-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Ohio is a great state to live in if you like living around @ssholes all the time...

I myself will be moving out of thiis state here soon and let me say I am so ready..

SteelCityMan786
09-19-2006, 06:41 PM

That's how some people where to me. Some of those are fans of teams who lost as well.

CrimsonSteeler3443
09-19-2006, 08:30 PM
I would have liked to see the Bengals try to beat the Dolphins with any of their back up QB's or an unhealthy Chad Johnson.

Steelers
09-19-2006, 09:30 PM
My eyes hurt... Just ask them how many Super Bowls the Bengals have won compared to the Steelers' five. Shortest conversation you'll ever have.

Marvin_for_prez
09-19-2006, 09:43 PM

You live in Ohio and you're surrounded by Bengals fans?
I refuse to believe such nonsense. :wink02:

Ohio Steeler
09-19-2006, 09:57 PM
My eyes hurt... Just ask them how many Super Bowls the Bengals have won compared to the Steelers' five. Shortest conversation you'll ever have.

not really because then they go into the what if's and let me tell you that sucks

Hines86Ward
09-19-2006, 10:12 PM
You couldn't pay me to live in Ohio. As already stated, Canton is the only good thing in that whole state.

I live in Canton, it's not that great. There's no annoying Bengals fans, but there's plenty of Browns fans.....but fortunetly,:sign03: so I don't have to listen to them everyday. But the Ohio State fans are bad, they're just as bad if not worse than Bengals fans....

Marvin_for_prez
09-19-2006, 10:43 PM
I live in Canton, it's not that great. There's no annoying Bengals fans, but there's plenty of Browns fans.....but fortunetly,:sign03: so I don't have to listen to them everyday. But the Ohio State fans are bad, they're just as bad if not worse than Bengals fans....
I have lived in Columbus for the last 6 years and have worked as a bartender at a campus-area bar for the last 5. I can honestly say, without a doubt, that OSU fans are the absolute, biggest jackasses on the face of the Earth. I am a diehard OSU supporter, but after living here, working here, and having to deal with these morons on a weekly basis, it has almost turned me against the team itself.
They swarm the campus area, get so drunk they black out before the game even starts, start fights, burn couches and cars in the streets, light dumpsters on fire, spit on opposing fans, destroy their cars, beat them up, and engage in just about any sort of uncivilized, annoying, destructive behavior that you can think of. And that's just the students and younger people.
The older fans that come in from suburbia on gamedays are equally as bad, if not worse. I'm talking about the weekend warriors who work 9 to 5 jobs during the week, then go out on gameday, drink 3 crappy Miller Lites, get wasted off of it, and think that just because they are there to support the team that they have the right to treat anyone and everyone like a piece of crap.
I'm seriously about to turn my back on the Buckeyes just because the fans are the biggest *******s on the planet. I have met horrible Steelers fans, horrible Browns fans, horrible Bengals fans (yes, I said it), and horrible fans of just about every team or sport that exists, but OSU fans take the cake hands down.
Without a doubt, my favorite OSU games are the away games. It gives me a chance to live my life, in my town, like a civilized human being instead as if I live in a war zone.
Be thankful that you live in Canton. You are miles away from the epicenter of the world's largest douchequake every week.
I swear that if any politician runs for office on the platform of forced sterilization for OSU fans, they have my vote locked up tight.

ohio-steelers-fan
09-19-2006, 11:05 PM
I also dreaded going to work tonight--figured I would get the typical smack from the local Browns and Bengals fans. ( I live and work near Willard, Ohio--home of Charlie Frye) I was actually surprised that none of them gave me to much crap about the lose, and said they knew the Steelers would shake the rust off, and come back winning.

Paula--Life Long Fan

P.S.

I lost a bet on this game, to my son, the Jags fan, so I have to wear his Jags Jersey
to work on Saturday, wanted me to wear it on Sunday--but said sorry--I will be decked
out in my Steelers gear.

19ward86
09-20-2006, 09:13 AM
not complaining just starting a story and i didnt know that i couldnt use caps guys, thinks for informing me.

floodcitygirl
09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey 19Ward86! With the exception of some Bungle fans, I've found alot of positives to living in Southern Ohio. Not to sound too much like Pollyana (lol)....but I think you'll find good and bad everywhere. If you look for the positive and hang with your Steeler buds (of course), life will be alot better for you! :hug:

19ward86
09-22-2006, 03:36 PM
only a few guys, and one smokin babe. so i guess ill hang with the babe.haha

meanjoecoop
09-22-2006, 03:53 PM
You live in Ohio and you're surrounded by Bengals fans?
I refuse to believe such nonsense. :wink02:

What boggles me is that up until 18 months ago there werent any. Fair weather fans I guess...

augustashark
09-22-2006, 03:54 PM
I live in Ohio and I love it! I mean come on, where else can you live when after we beat the Bengals or the Browns can sit around all week and laugh and poke fun at and even gloat. I have had more good weeks then bad. I've won so many free lunches over these schmucks it's almost not funny......Almost!

SteelersNationsfl
09-22-2006, 04:03 PM
This is an awesome thread and I'm sorry you have to go through that crap.

P.S. It could be worse... You could be a Bengals Fan living in Ohio.

bigbensgirl7
09-22-2006, 04:50 PM
living in Ohio isn't that bad, but I know what you mean about the Bengal and Browns fans. The worst part about the Bengalsis there weren't many around until aout 2 or 3 yrs. ago and now they are everywhere and act like they are the best team ever. Sorry....it takes more than one playoff apperance in 15 years. They are extremely jealous of the Steelers and why not, we have had success over the years and our fans are always there everywhere you go! In Dayton Ohio there are about atleast 10 bars that pride themselves in being Steelers bars, and the ones that aren't are invaded by Steeler fans every weekend.
THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US AND THEM...IS WE KNOW HOW TO WIN, THAT IS SOMETHING THEY ARE STILL FIGURING OUT HOW TO DO.
It's funny in the past 2 yrs. the Steelers are 4-1 against the Bengals and in all of our wins I have never really said anything, but they get one win against us and my phone doesn't stop ringing and they won't leave it alone. Typical, but oh well.

meanjoecoop
09-22-2006, 04:57 PM
It's funny in the past 2 yrs. the Steelers are 4-1 against the Bengals and in all of our wins I have never really said anything, but they get one win against us and my phone doesn't stop ringing and they won't leave it alone. Typical, but oh well.

Yeah, and now everyone wants to bet me money on the game. I cant remember the last time a bengal fan took my bet...let alone wanted to bet me. Such high rollers!

bigbensgirl7
09-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah, and now everyone wants to bet me money on the game. I cant remember the last time a bengal fan took my bet...let alone wanted to bet me. Such high rollers!

true, but I have found that they don't always follow through when they lose....instead they just come up with excuses as to why they lost.

stlrtruck
09-22-2006, 09:18 PM
If only they would all learn...

Nothing says football like STEELERS NATION!!!

Marvin_for_prez
09-22-2006, 10:27 PM
What boggles me is that up until 18 months ago there werent any. Fair weather fans I guess...

Of course you're right. Up until 18 months ago there weren't ANY Bengals fans in Ohio.
And ALL Bengals fans behave exactly the same way. :thmbup:

bigbensgirl7
09-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Of course you're right. Up until 18 months ago there weren't ANY Bengals fans in Ohio.
And ALL Bengals fans behave exactly the same way. :thmbup:

There were't many and you have to admit that! Hell, it was all Steelers and Browns things in the stores that sold NFL merchandise in Dayton and Cincinnati. You might find a few things in the back. No one said every single Bengal fan is band wagon, but there is a reason you guys were never on TV around here...BLACKOUTS!!!! I do know a couple people that were true fans even in the bad times, but now all these fans have jumped on this bandwagon like they suffered with the true ones and that's crap and you know it unless you are in complete denail

Polamalu43
09-23-2006, 04:40 AM
yeah it really must suck livin were u have nothing but bungal and clowns fans, thank god i live here in LA, were we have faider fanswhich they have nothing 2 talk about.

Marvin_for_prez
09-23-2006, 05:56 AM
There were't many and you have to admit that! Hell, it was all Steelers and Browns things in the stores that sold NFL merchandise in Dayton and Cincinnati. You might find a few things in the back. No one said every single Bengal fan is band wagon, but there is a reason you guys were never on TV around here...BLACKOUTS!!!! I do know a couple people that were true fans even in the bad times, but now all these fans have jumped on this bandwagon like they suffered with the true ones and that's crap and you know it unless you are in complete denail

Any team that experiences success has it's share of bandwagon fans. Of course it happens that way. I'm not trying to say that it doesn't. As a Steelers fan, you should be acutely aware of this. Your team just won a Super Bowl. You have frontrunners in your midst as well.
He was saying that there weren't ANY Bengals fans until 18 months ago. I was pointing out that the generalizations that he was using were making him look foolish, that's all.

bigbensgirl7
09-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Any team that experiences success has it's share of bandwagon fans. Of course it happens that way. I'm not trying to say that it doesn't. As a Steelers fan, you should be acutely aware of this. Your team just won a Super Bowl. You have frontrunners in your midst as well.
He was saying that there weren't ANY Bengals fans until 18 months ago. I was pointing out that the generalizations that he was using were making him look foolish, that's all.
Of course any team with success attracts the bandwagoners, however the difference is the Steelers have had a steady fan base and very visable one since before I was born, and living in Dayton, OH I know the Bengals have not. You also have to understand that it's pretty hard to respect most Bengals fans with how much crap they talk now that they have jump on board. Again, I am not saying everyone, but I will go as far as saying a majority of them!

CantStop85
09-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Of course any team with success attracts the bandwagoners, however the difference is the Steelers have had a steady fan base and very visable one since before I was born, and living in Dayton, OH I know the Bengals have not.
The Steelers organization has also been a traditionally successful program while the Bengals has not. Give a team 15 straight losing seasons and you'll see any fan-base dwindle.

jaysta
09-23-2006, 11:36 AM
living in Ohio isn't that bad,

I don't know about that. I spent two years at Bowling Green and the wind drove me crazy! Not to mention that it's so flat that you drive for miles and miles looking at nothing but corn stalks along the road. Ohio is like a flat version of PA, and quite honestly other than the Steelers, PA isn't anything to write home about. :wave:

jaysta
09-23-2006, 11:39 AM
yeah it really must suck livin were u have nothing but bungal and clowns fans, thank god i live here in LA, were we have faider fanswhich they have nothing 2 talk about.

Yeah, but LA weather is great! :thumbsup:

bigbensgirl7
09-23-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't know about that. I spent two years at Bowling Green and the wind drove me crazy! Not to mention that it's so flat that you drive for miles and miles looking at nothing but corn stalks along the road. Ohio is like a flat version of PA, and quite honestly other than the Steelers, PA isn't anything to write home about. :wave:

Yes, there are other places I would rather be and I didn't say it was a wonderful place. However, my family and life is here, and it does have some good things about it.

Person A and not B
09-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Yes. It does suck living in ohio. Oh my, I am dreading going to work tomorrow. The game will be on and if we lose I will NEVER hear the end of it. They even have started buying Bengals Mylar baloons. How disgusting. These kids I work with talk about how they were fans a long time ago, but I've known them for four years and they never liked football at all. Like 98% of current bengals fans, they were like "OMFG the Bengals have a winning record!!! I am so glad I have been a fan for 20 of the 17 years I have been alive!!" haa I know I put 20 before 17 by the way.

Oh, and the owner said something about working sunday and I said "Yeah but I won't be focusing because I'll be listening to the game." and he says "Yeah, its a big game.. who do you play? The steelers?" I just laughed and said "Well, its not a big deal, but we're going to beat the bungles like usual."

I'll definately be bringing my jersey to work just incase those kids decide to wear jerseys. haa.

Oh, and I heard someone yell who dey earlier from their pick-up truck to another pick-up truck with bengals stuff on it, so when we were passing them I said yelled "who dey, who dey, we dey gonna beat dem bengals!" They didn't look so happy. lol.

For all its worth, Browns fans around here are actually really cool. We actually bond on our hatred for the Been-gals and the hermaphrodites that started loving them last year. I can actually cheer the browns on, because they cheer us on. Atleast the guys I know.. lol. We're hoping the Browns beat the ravens so the AFC will be closer. You can't ignore the fact that the browns definately helped us last week by roughing the girls around a bit. Besides, I got a real cheap laugh out of a few browns fans calling Chad Johnson a stupid mfing N-word at a local outdoor mall during Browns-bengals week. He was making fun of the browns real loud, barking like a retard. Man that was funny, the look on his face.. it said "What?! I AM JESUS WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! I cry now."

Marvin_for_prez
09-24-2006, 03:17 AM
Yes. It does suck living in ohio. Oh my, I am dreading going to work tomorrow. The game will be on and if we lose I will NEVER hear the end of it. They even have started buying Bengals Mylar baloons. How disgusting. These kids I work with talk about how they were fans a long time ago, but I've known them for four years and they never liked football at all. Like 98% of current bengals fans, they were like "OMFG the Bengals have a winning record!!! I am so glad I have been a fan for 20 of the 17 years I have been alive!!" haa I know I put 20 before 17 by the way.

Oh, and the owner said something about working sunday and I said "Yeah but I won't be focusing because I'll be listening to the game." and he says "Yeah, its a big game.. who do you play? The steelers?" I just laughed and said "Well, its not a big deal, but we're going to beat the bungles like usual."

I'll definately be bringing my jersey to work just incase those kids decide to wear jerseys. haa.

Oh, and I heard someone yell who dey earlier from their pick-up truck to another pick-up truck with bengals stuff on it, so when we were passing them I said yelled "who dey, who dey, we dey gonna beat dem bengals!" They didn't look so happy. lol.

For all its worth, Browns fans around here are actually really cool. We actually bond on our hatred for the Been-gals and the hermaphrodites that started loving them last year. I can actually cheer the browns on, because they cheer us on. Atleast the guys I know.. lol. We're hoping the Browns beat the ravens so the AFC will be closer. You can't ignore the fact that the browns definately helped us last week by roughing the girls around a bit. Besides, I got a real cheap laugh out of a few browns fans calling Chad Johnson a stupid mfing N-word at a local outdoor mall during Browns-bengals week. He was making fun of the browns real loud, barking like a retard. Man that was funny, the look on his face.. it said "What?! I AM JESUS WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! I cry now."

Way to go. You're cool. :thumbsup: