PDA

View Full Version : Today, I'm relieved Ben played.

bozz723
09-19-2006, 03:32 PM
I said last night that Ben shouldn't have played. However it was great that he did. Ben needed game action, and he played at his lowest possible health level. If he can go through that and come out ok, he can go through anything. The bengals game will be completely different, and our offense will be infinitely better.

With our offense better, our defense will dominate again, and get time of posession back. I'm actually feeling like that game was a blessing in disguise, maybe we needed to lose that game and get us back to what made us champions !

SteelersNationsfl
09-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Yep I agree with you and I know i've said it before but, we needed that. We needed to loose to get the crap smacked out of us to figure out what we're doing right and wrong this season. I think our offense will play a much better game next sunday. We need to tweek our offense out cause it is different than it was last year. Hopefully we can get Davenport in on sunday also.

I hope our defenese plays the same next week as they did this week.

raiderhater
09-19-2006, 03:49 PM
You guys are definitely looking at the glass being half full. It was a terrible loss becuase if our offense had any imagination we could have won that game. Our defense played great but when your total offense can only get a 100 and some yards, you know you're in trouble. Why the hell is Staley on the sidelines and in sweats?!!! I really thought this would be his year. Yesterday was a great example why it took Cowher 14 years to get a Super Bowl ring.

SteelerFanInCA
09-19-2006, 05:02 PM
You guys are definitely looking at the glass being half full. It was a terrible loss becuase if our offense had any imagination we could have won that game. Our defense played great but when your total offense can only get a 100 and some yards, you know you're in trouble. Why the hell is Staley on the sidelines and in sweats?!!! I really thought this would be his year. Yesterday was a great example why it took Cowher 14 years to get a Super Bowl ring.

Staley is on the sidelines because he is fat and out of shape. I wouldn't put the blame on Cowher. Players still need to execute the game plan. Cowher's not out there dropping passes.

On a positive note, it was great to see Ben start the game and get all the playing time. Every time he starts I feel fortunate that he is still around.

SteelCityMan786
09-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Ben Definantly needed playing time. If he didn't play at all weeks 1-3 I wouldn't feel too comfrortable. If we would need him in the long term it wouldn't look to good if he didn't get any time as he did last night.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-19-2006, 05:34 PM
I am glad he played because in the game he knocked off the rust.I'd rather have Jax help him knock it off than a Cincinatti team that has a score to settle and will probally be pushing the limits of roughing the passer next week.

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2006, 05:52 PM
I am glad he played because in the game he knocked off the rust.I'd rather have Jax help him knock it off than a Cincinatti team that has a score to settle and will probally be pushing the limits of roughing the passer next week.

Look for flags to fly early to keep the Bengals-Steelers game under control. As seen with last night's flag when Keisel rolled into Leftwich, the refs are not going to tolerate any head (or knee) hunting on Sunday against Carson or Ben (especially after the grief the league took on the Trent Green hit in the KC-Bengals game)

HEREWEGO
09-19-2006, 06:29 PM
RUN DAVENPORT

stillers4me
09-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Yep.....the majority of Steeler fans are optimistic.....you bet we are!!!

Do you think that as Bill Cowher was holding that Lombardi trophy over his head last February that any one of us cared about the 5 losses???????? Steeler fans are used to the roller coaster ride.......the whole dang league wrote us off last December and WE believed!! It made the ultimate prize so much sweeter!!!!!!!

Midnightwriter07
09-19-2006, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=SteelerFanInCA;152336]Staley is on the sidelines because he is fat and out of shape. I wouldn't put the blame on Cowher. Players still need to execute the game plan. Cowher's not out there dropping passes.

God, thank you .. so sick of people blaming cowher for every little thing... players do get paid for something ya know .. they are the ones out there on the field actually suppose to make things work. Is funny to me when Willie rips off a huge run or Ben makes a great pass ... you hear, oh WHIZ is the best thing since sliced bread and how great the players are .. but when they dont make tackles, make horrible throws, or our line gets knocked backwards ... then somehow Cowher is the one out there playing the game for them.
Shuddup already on the Cowher bashing.

Midnightwriter07
09-19-2006, 07:21 PM
and back to the Big Ben playing the game ...

Hell yes, Ben wanted to play... you let him play .. PERIOD. I dont think it is such an aweful thing that we got beat up a little last night... I mean could our offense really have played much more poorly and we still only lost 9 -0 ??? I mean seriously, we should not even have been in the game the way the offense played.. the score should have been around 28-0 or 35 -0 as often as we punted and the field position we kept giving them.
So Ben played and pretty much didnt get it done, the line didnt help him any or do him any favors. Maybe the taste of defeat after such as awesome run we had and got used to is something we needed to wake us up a little bit... BUt after everything Ben has been through... was really good i thought just to see him out on the field, taking some hits, getting the feel for the game back..

70c10
09-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Ben will look alot better next time.

Woogie
09-20-2006, 11:40 AM
and back to the Big Ben playing the game ...

Hell yes, Ben wanted to play... you let him play .. PERIOD. I dont think it is such an aweful thing that we got beat up a little last night... I mean could our offense really have played much more poorly and we still only lost 9 -0 ??? I mean seriously, we should not even have been in the game the way the offense played.. the score should have been around 28-0 or 35 -0 as often as we punted and the field position we kept giving them.
So Ben played and pretty much didnt get it done, the line didnt help him any or do him any favors. Maybe the taste of defeat after such as awesome run we had and got used to is something we needed to wake us up a little bit... BUt after everything Ben has been through... was really good i thought just to see him out on the field, taking some hits, getting the feel for the game back..

I so agree with you! I've been telling my co-workers (since after the game) that I would have much rather lost this game than many of the others coming up. This game is behind us. We got that first loss post-SB out of the way. Yeah, I would have liked to have won, but I'm relieved in (an albeit sick way) that it's over with, and Ben got through his first full game.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-20-2006, 12:43 PM

On that note..I am sure that Cowher had to determine.."do I knock Bens rust off in this game or in the divisional game next week"...either way Cowher had to think that we may possibly lose Bens first game back. I say GOOD CALL...give me a win with Ben and Davenport next week !!!

ROETTI
09-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Plus he was able to take some pretty good hits without problems. We need to chalk that up to a bad game plain and simple, this SUnday will be much different.

augustashark
09-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Not to go to far off track here, but I'm a pretty big golfer and I will tell you that the best rounds of golf I've ever had were ones that came after some of the worst rounds I've played. When you play bad it makes you focus and prepair that much more. So with using that logic, I see Ben as well as the team playing much better then they did Monday.