PDA

View Full Version : Is week 3 a must win now .. ?

The JoKeR
09-19-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm not too worried about the loss last night, because honestly, that was one of the best defenses games and it's a shame one defense had to lose. Our offense had it's problems, but that should not take away from what the Jags defense did. Fast forward to next week ... Bengals are 2-0, we are 1-1. If we win, we will have the same record as the Bengals but will have a win over them. Do you guys think this is a must win game already this early in the season? If we can win at least 6 of our 8 division games, I think we'll be fine ... Just wanted everyone else's thoughts on this.

HEREWEGO
09-19-2006, 07:25 PM
a divisional game is always a must win!

SteelCzar76
09-19-2006, 07:32 PM
EVERY game is a "Must Win"

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Midnightwriter07
09-19-2006, 07:35 PM
I dont get overly excited about early losses... it isnt a must win game... but if we lose then it will make the ones down the stretch must win games... going 1 -2 in our divison would not be a good start of course.. but no reason to hit a panic button although you will have some fans that will think TOMBSTONE with any loss.. 16 weeks is a long way to go and anything can happen and each team deals with injury's and some games they lose that they had the chance to win and something you just flat out get rocked... I wouldnt worry until we are around the 5th loss ... it will take another 11-5 to get in this year ...

stillers4me
09-19-2006, 07:37 PM
It's not necessarily a "must" win this early in the season.......but it sure would be nice!

Especially as a Steeler fan living in Cincninnati.

Ambridge
09-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Week 3 is a Must Win in the sense that losing to the Bengals and then going into the Bye at 1-2 will make it a very long and miserable two weeks........not to mention traveling out to San Diego that has a defense that's on par with Jacksonville's.

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Week 3 is a Must Win in the sense that losing to the Bengals and then going into the Bye at 1-2 will make it a very long and miserable two weeks........not to mention traveling out to San Diego that has a defense that's on par with Jacksonville's.

I agree - remember the collective nervous breakdown after the New England loss last year before the bye week and the 2 weeks of anguish prior to the Chargers game? After that loss the Steelers were still 2-1.

I shudder to imagine what Steelers Nation will be like with 2 weeks to brood over 1-2 record and being 2 games down in the division if there is a loss to the Bengals on Sunday.

Hines0wnz
09-19-2006, 08:00 PM

Good points, do not want the confidence rocked going into a bye week and having to dig out of a early season hole because as the defending champs there really are no easy games. Okay, yes Cleveland still fields a team but hey, they show up sometimes too! I think it was better for Ben to play against a non-division foe first. Instead of taking a loss in the division, its a loss in the conference and, of course, winning the division is the easiest road to the playoffs. Not a must win but definitely a better F$%@ing win game against Cincy this weekend.

SteelCzar76
09-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I dont get overly excited about early losses... it isnt a must win game... but if we lose then it will make the ones down the stretch must win games... going 1 -2 in our divison would not be a good start of course.. but no reason to hit a panic button although you will have some fans that will think TOMBSTONE with any loss.. 16 weeks is a long way to go and anything can happen and each team deals with injury's and some games they lose that they had the chance to win and something you just flat out get rocked... I wouldnt worry until we are around the 5th loss ... it will take another 11-5 to get in this year ...

Exactly Knight,......"Panic" is never an option. However,...."acceptance" of anything less than what you are capable of,......is just as worthless. There is no competetion,........except for your reflection.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

paw-n-maul-u
09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
I think it's a must win ... just for the mentality heading into the bye week ... i mean we could enter the bye 1-2 and a 2.5 games behind the bengals ... that's not a good mindset to have when facing SD,KC, and ATL (the first and last team on that list are both away and you could make cases for each that they are one of the "hottest" teams in the league right now") ... whatever ... i think this will humble us a little bit and get our heads straight for Cincy this week ... Ben needed a game to shake off some rust which is very understandable ... it's just a shame it had to come against one of the premier defenses in the league that probably played their best defense game ... well ... ever ...

Illinois Steel
09-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Everyone is making great points and it's hard to disagree with any of them.That being said, from a personal standpoint I hate the friggin Bengals and want this win as bad as any in the year. I will also not get to overly excited if that does'nt happen cause' as coach always says "the season is a marathon not a sprint","it's not how you start it's how you finish" feel free to add your own cliches.

klick81
09-19-2006, 08:27 PM
IMHO, defenitaly a must win.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Every time we play the Bensgals its a must win !! Interesting stat Ben's record 27-5 as starter
3 of those losses have come when coming back from injury!!