PDA

View Full Version : Steelers<Patriots

tombrady
07-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Patriots= Dynasty
Steelers= Mediocre team :blurp: :blurp: :blurp:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Arent you the funny one ... surely u can do better than that for your first post!

RoethlisBURGHer
07-07-2005, 10:54 AM
We're so mediocre we made it to the AFCC.Look up mediocre in the dictonary.

The Pats dynasty ends this year.

bigbensgirl7
07-07-2005, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=tombrady]Patriots= Dynasty
Steelers= Mediocre team [QUOTE]
:blah: :blah:
TB...You have to come up with something better than that...and if you think of something why dont' you take it to the Blast Furnace where it belongs!

Prosdo
07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Not really sure what the point of this post was. Just looks like someone wanting to get people wound up.

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
07-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Arent you the funny one ... surely u can do better than that for your first post!

Nice one Blitzburgh! And Prosdo, I agree, its just a post to get on peoples nerves...ignore it! It's pointless! O yea, and "tombrady"....very original name I have to say! :blurp: :point:

~AllAmer~

clevestinks
07-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Mediocre? wasn`t the Pats mediocre just a few years ago. Come back in four years and let us know if were still mediocre!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Don't ya just love trolls!!!

makaveli_steeler36
07-07-2005, 10:34 PM
i would just like to take a monent to say that the pats suck, and tom brady is overrated. corey dillon is an ass muncher. and the steelers will be the best team in the nfl this year. out of all the dynasties, the patriots had the worst one. so ha

steelparrot
07-07-2005, 10:40 PM
i would just like to take a monent to say that the pats suck, and tom brady is overrated. corey dillon is an ass muncher. and the steelers will be the best team in the nfl this year. out of all the dynasties, the patriots had the worst one. so ha

well said :cool:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-08-2005, 01:06 PM

And who had the BEST one?THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS!

hardwork
07-08-2005, 02:56 PM
This is an informative thread.

If I wanted to get cute, I'd ask why this one wasn't sent to the furnace, and my thread about the Patriots offense was? But I'm not the kind of guy who brings up old grudges. :)

RoethlisBURGHer
07-08-2005, 03:09 PM
This is an informative thread.

If I wanted to get cute, I'd ask why this one wasn't sent to the furnace, and my thread about the Patriots offense was? But I'm not the kind of guy who brings up old grudges. :)

Probally because this guy will never be seen again.But I agree,move it to the BF.

:boxing:

bigbensgirl7
07-08-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't think it really needs to go to the BF...I think he thought he'd get us all going, but it was so pointless it hasn't gotten any attenion from anyone on here and really didn't get anyone all fired up about it like he was trying to do!

shevdog
07-08-2005, 04:15 PM

Nebraska? Where the heck did that comment come from. At least you didn't mention any Florida teams, Ohio State, or Michigan. Good luck with you college team. Hopefully PSU will pull out of its long slump this year. (Joe Paterno needs to retire).

I have 3 wishes for 2005-06's NFL Season

#1: Pittsburgh Steelers win their 5th Super Bowl
#2: Ravens get swept hard in their season series against the Steelers, especially the game I am going to at home.
#3: The Patriots don't even make the playoffs

I will settle no less than wish #1!

LambertIsGod58
07-08-2005, 04:38 PM
If the Steelers are so mediocre, how is WE are the ones who ended your winning streak? Lastly, lets just say the NE is a dynasty, the Steelers of the '70s will always be regarded as the greatest dynasty of all time.

ironcitychef
07-12-2005, 10:59 AM
With only 3 Super Bowl wins, that doesn't put you into the top 3 of most successful franchises. Seems like your dynasty is mediocre? Sorry I missed the move to the BF HW, glad to see you're still watching:cool:

Dirtywater
07-12-2005, 12:17 PM

:blah:

Whatever. If that makes you sleep, then go on dreaming.

Look, the initial guy's post was indeed pathitic, but when you validate a response like this you're just as bad.

You're still living off of the 70's, you see me knocking you for that? Making the playoffs and winning the division when you fall short of winning the Super Bowl are hardly smack-worthy when comapring yourselves to the eventual Super Bowl Champions.

You guys got a great team, always play tough and indeed have an amazing history, but let's not forget where you came from, right? No need for that kind of $hit talking about Brady. Guy is a stud and y'all know it. And as far as Dillon, I assume ass-muncher means "guy who puts the Pats over top vs. the Steelers ;) .)

Now, clean up your toys and go to bed. :D

DW

clevestinks
07-12-2005, 06:10 PM
:blah:

Whatever. If that makes you sleep, then go on dreaming.

Look, the initial guy's post was indeed pathitic, but when you validate a response like this you're just as bad.

You're still living off of the 70's, you see me knocking you for that? Making the playoffs and winning the division when you fall short of winning the Super Bowl are hardly smack-worthy when comapring yourselves to the eventual Super Bowl Champions.

You guys got a great team, always play tough and indeed have an amazing history, but let's not forget where you came from, right? No need for that kind of $hit talking about Brady. Guy is a stud and y'all know it. And as far as Dillon, I assume ass-muncher means "guy who puts the Pats over top vs. the Steelers ;) .)

Now, clean up your toys and go to bed. :D

DW
I don`t believe it was so much Dillion that beat us. It seemed we where out played from the sidelines more than that. It seemed we planned for what we saw during the regular season and not for any kind of change. Not to mention the Pats picked up on some tendencies of a very young qb, who was still playing with a partial playbook. Dillion is a very good back, but I wouldn`t say he put the Pats over the top. That my friend is a complete exaggeration!

Dirtywater
07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
I don`t believe it was so much Dillion that beat us. It seemed we where out played from the sidelines more than that. It seemed we planned for what we saw during the regular season and not for any kind of change. Not to mention the Pats picked up on some tendencies of a very young qb, who was still playing with a partial playbook. Dillion is a very good back, but I wouldn`t say he put the Pats over the top. That my friend is a complete exaggeration!

Sorry if that is how my post sounded, but that was hardly my point. I only mentioned that when you beat us in the regular season, we had no Dillon and ran for 3 yards or something. With Dillon, our offense was far more balanced. That's all.

It was more of a disgust for the original poster's talk. I can understand it when one insults a bad team, but when one says that crap about a team that not only won the Super Bowl, but ran through the NFL's best defense with 41 points, it rings hollow.

CowherLover
07-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Nebraska? Where the heck did that comment come from. At least you didn't mention any Florida teams, Ohio State, or Michigan. Good luck with you college team. Hopefully PSU will pull out of its long slump this year. (Joe Paterno needs to retire).

#2: Ravens get swept hard in their season series against the Steelers, especially the game I am going to at home.

Now Shev, don't be an Ohio State hater too. I agree with DirtyWater, you can't slam NE or any of their players because they beat us, that's motivation for next year. That's what I've always liked about this board because noone slammed a worthy opponent like this guy did. Maybe out of frustration have gone a bit far but to say TB sucks is a pretty ignorant statement and not very well thought out.

ironcitychef
07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Glass is half full or half empty I guess. In the short term, we do have our hands full with the Pats. Last year we were 1-1, and yes timing was a tricky thing with their playoff win hurting us a little more than us breaking their streak. Couple points. I think I can say NE gets an >= sign cause we are not afraid by any means nor is it always a blowout for one side. So I'll say momentum is on the Pats side having a one game winning streak against us. Lifetime though, we still are better in SB's and head to head(13-8) so I give us the > sign for that. Take it as you will, but I just need that one for the thumb to end all this debate.

Dirtywater
07-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Glass is half full or half empty I guess. In the short term, we do have our hands full with the Pats. Last year we were 1-1, and yes timing was a tricky thing with their playoff win hurting us a little more than us breaking their streak. Couple points. I think I can say NE gets an >= sign cause we are not afraid by any means nor is it always a blowout for one side. So I'll say momentum is on the Pats side having a one game winning streak against us. Lifetime though, we still are better in SB's and head to head(13-8) so I give us the > sign for that. Take it as you will, but I just need that one for the thumb to end all this debate.

All good man. You keep living in the 70's and the regular season. All I'm concerned with is recent history and Super Bowls. I'd say the last 2 years are more relevant to a club than 2 deaceds ago.

I'm not here to bash your team, you've got one hell of a squad.

Livinginthe past
07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Cmon Steelers Fans - Im with Dirtywater on this one - you were baited into replying to a moronic post. But worse still you are trying to convice yourselves that this season is a race for the 'best dynasty ever'

NEWS FLASH - its not - its about who wins the SB.

Lets be honest the only place im gonna see a 70's Steelers team do any damage is on Madden2005.

regards
#
NM

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey I`m down with winning a ring this year, then worry about another and another. When your team has won the last 3 of 4 its alot easier to runneth thy mouth.

Livinginthe past
07-14-2005, 07:50 PM
I dont believe I am running my mouth -im giving the Steelers their props as one of the best sides in the AFC (and by default the NFL)
Im not gonna pretend you suck - you dont - I like your QB and your hard as nails team image.

I can tell you now - the Pats fans are alot more worried about the Steelers than they are about the Colts or some 8-8 'revival bengals team'

Regards

NM

clevestinks
07-15-2005, 06:10 AM
I`m just saying that its easy to be on top and talk. And I`m sure some of our fans here to appeciate your props towards the Steelers. There is no denying that there are maybe six real contenders going into the upcoming season. with I`m sure more to come.

Pitts, NE, Indy, SD. Philly, Atl

ironcitychef
07-15-2005, 10:36 AM
All good man. You keep living in the 70's and the regular season. All I'm concerned with is recent history and Super Bowls. I'd say the last 2 years are more relevant to a club than 2 deaceds ago.

Uh, so do I. Just thought our body of work as a franchise didn't warrant the < sign. And I thought that if we won the Super Bowl this year it would end the non stop rants of it is only what you have done lately that you all throw around so proudly. Mainly once you don't win the Super Bowl, you won't be able to post anything because you have already established that nothing in the past is relevant so we won't have to deal with you based on your arguements. Thank goodness.

Dirtywater
07-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Uh, so do I. Just thought our body of work as a franchise didn't warrant the < sign. And I thought that if we won the Super Bowl this year it would end the non stop rants of it is only what you have done lately that you all throw around so proudly. Mainly once you don't win the Super Bowl, you won't be able to post anything because you have already established that nothing in the past is relevant so we won't have to deal with you based on your arguements. Thank goodness.

What?

Look, I love the Celtics, they have the most championships in the NBA, but you won't catch me flaunting that. We haven't won anything recently. If the discussion is about greatest NBA Dynastys then yes, I would bring it up.

Flash forward 10 years and if the Pats haven't done anything, how or why would I talk smack? It's not my style to talk smack if my team was the runners up to the runners up of the championship.

You have to admit that a lot of Steeler fans simply hold on to the past and use the 70's in their arguements. I fail to see how your 70's championships, as great as they are, are relevant when discussing how good your team is today. Period.

clevestinks
07-15-2005, 05:45 PM
alot depends on the age of the fans also. My dad is 58 years old try convincing him that any team is better than the Steelers. Or who is a better LB Butkus or Lewis. Boxing, Baseball, football, whatever. Alot depends on the age. But with that saidthe older they are, the more they`ve seen.
Hometown bias is another. You have diehard fans who love thier team and thats it. Some fans love thier team, and football. They would watch every game every week regardless of who is playing. The latter seems to know and understand more threw an unbiased view.

One more thing .How long ago was the past?? Who is to say? Five years? Ten? Twenty? Before you were born?

Blitzburgh55
07-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Mediocre= pats wr

Dirtywater
07-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Mediocre= pats wr

Very proud of you. That's a lot of analysis right there. Your fellow Stellers fans would be very proud of you.

We spread the ball around evenly, hence keeping defenses off guard. Remeber, we put up 41 on the best defense in the NFL in the playoffs by doing just that.

You know what suffers from that? Stats. I could care less what the stats are. You can keep those, and have Ward put up every number in the book just like Manning. I'm more concerened with these. The last of which one of our mediocre WR's won MVP on.

http://img327.echo.cx/img327/6250/dwbannersig21xy.gif

Man, is this the new set of posters you guys are getting? Yikes. How about a little more depth. Maybe a full sentence or two? :cool:

clevestinks
07-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Actually The Pats wideouts remind me of the Steelers. We do have hines Ward, but more or less we would rather have 4 or 5 good receivers than we would 1 or 2 great ones. Steelers mid 90` Thigpen,Mills,Hastings. Stewart, and co. No great ones here but a really affective group.

Dirtywater
07-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Actually The Pats wideouts remind me of the Steelers. We do have hines Ward, but more or less we would rather have 4 or 5 good receivers than we would 1 or 2 great ones. Steelers mid 90` Thigpen,Mills,Hastings. Stewart, and co. No great ones here but a really affective group.

CS, even you have to see the humor in that. He can't even see the effectivness of his own set of WR's. :D

ironcitychef
07-16-2005, 12:04 AM
If that was the case DW, then why put Dynasty in your sig? Why brag that the three banners you raise in the last five years are better than the four we raised in our past. I give you the nod you won the last Super Bowl, but you are no where close to being better than us.

Dirtywater
07-16-2005, 01:03 AM
If that was the case DW, then why put Dynasty in your sig?

Why? because my team was the laughing stock of the NFL for years. Being the NFL historian, you should be able to remember that. Before you guys won in the 70's you were the same as us.

We have won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls. Our Dynasty is current, and we're in the midst of it now, not over two decades ago. It is a current sense of pride. A sense of the Glory Years for my franchise that we are now experiencing. If you can't grasp that I'm sorry. It seems pretty obvious to the rest of us. I can finally beam with pride over the special team that I have followed through good and bad for years.

Why brag that the three banners you raise in the last five years

It's 3 out of the last four, not five. Just correcting the facts. And whose bragging? Is acknowledging bragging? Bragging would be if I rubbed it in your faces. Not my style. I know you want me to be some jackass who shouts smack, but it is not how I operate.

I give you the nod you won the last Super Bowl, but you are no where close to being better than us.

Again, I'm unclear on this one so I will tackle it from both sides. If you mean in terms of how history will look at the two Dynastys, well, I'll reserve judgment until our run ends (which it may already have.) Until then, yes, I will defer to the Steelers. You have set the Gold Standard.

If you mean we're no better than you right now, I disagree. We've beaten you in 2 out of our 3 AFC Championship games to go on and win the Super Bowl. Plus, we've consistantly won in the playoffs. You guys always play well in the regular season, but have come up short in the big games. To me, that is a clear cut way to see that we are better.

Now, it's a new season, so I have no idea about future games, but I know that we both play tough and the games are usually tight. Unless it's the playoffs ;) .

Anyway man, don't come at me with jargon to draw me into a fight. I am here to talk football, but I won't sit back and let the mob with their torches generate false ideas and bad facts about my team. I've got to much pride, and that is something we both share.

ironcitychef
07-16-2005, 10:20 AM
It is a current sense of pride - DW

Sounds like bandwagon to me. So 20 years ago you all were laughing stock so its okay to reference it as you are winning now. But we can't reference our success 20 years ago and our consistent abllity to always field a competitive team in the present? Its okay for you to go back four years, but not us? Maybe you should just let the Steelers fans make the rules around here.

Livinginthe past
07-16-2005, 11:38 AM
I dont see how this can be put an CLEARER for you IRONCITY - DirtyWater is referencing the current Dynasty because it is um......let me see......CURRENT!
Yeah thats right - we are right in the midst of it - which makes it relevant.
A great team from 30 years ago is just that.......30 years old news.

Maybe there should be a whole seperate thread where you and your friends can pat themselves on the back for a job well done...............three decades ago.

I will even let you use my i.d as the forum title.

Regards

NM

ironcitychef
07-16-2005, 12:13 PM
I just don't want you all double dipping when in a few years we have to hear the Pats are great cause they won 3 of the 6 Super Bowls or 3 of the last 10 or so on. I guess we will have to check with you all as for what is "current" on our board.

Dirtywater
07-16-2005, 12:48 PM
I just don't want you all double dipping when in a few years we have to hear the Pats are great cause they won 3 of the 6 Super Bowls or 3 of the last 10 or so on. I guess we will have to check with you all as for what is "current" on our board.

Wow. You are the first poster here who really can't admit a wrong.

Seriously, any other posters here feel like explaining any clearer what I've written? Is it that hard to grasp? Though it seems like with this post you are starting to see it, you know change your tune to 'you don't want to see us bragging about 3 in 10 years'. Yeah, that is similar to 3 in 4. Good grief.

Take a deep beath man. Look into the mirror. You're good enough, smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like you.

This is only football. Your team has come up short recently. You've had an amazing history. Go ahead and celebrate that if you wish. No one is saying you shouldn't other than you. The reality of the situation just kills you. Everything will be OK, it's just football. Step back, relax. No one here is out to get you.

Let's get back to football talk.

ironcitychef
07-16-2005, 12:50 PM
I just don't understand the contradictions on this thread. Maybe mine included.
Original post by "a NE fan":Patriots= Dynasty Steelers= Mediocre team :blurp: :blurp: :blurp:
Then a Steelers fan:Mediocre= pats wr
yet NE fans give crap over "That's a lot of analysis right there", uh there wasn't any to begin with. Has anyone seen the original poster? What? No? Oh thats classy.
Also, You want to say that you are only pointing out the Glory Years your franchise is having now. Then why come and point it out here? Sounds like bragging to me. Never went to a Vikings web page or Dallas web page and had to point out that we were in the midst of the greatest years of our franchises rise from the ashes. Trust me, you are just taking your 15 minutes of fame out for a test drive and posted on a board whose franchise has more staying power than your own. Once you all begin to lose again, and you go back into hiding for another twenty years, we can get back to talking football.
Steelers>Patriots

Dirtywater
07-16-2005, 12:51 PM

Lastly, what does double-dipping mean? Does it mean we can't show pride for our years we won the Super Bowl after a certain time limit? Sorry, but I for one am not following your rules. I'll do as I please, just as you should and are currently doing.

There is nothing wrong with having pride for your past accomplishments, but when that is your only arguement for why your team is playing the way it is it becomes odd.

Example:

Year 2031

Patriots came off a 4-12 season and someone makes a abd remark but their team hasn't won it all and I write:

"Please so what if we're 4-12, we won itall in the early 00's!"

That my friend is lame.

Dirtywater
07-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Original post by "a NE fan":Patriots= Dynasty Steelers= Mediocre team :blurp: :blurp: :blurp:
yet NE fans give crap over "That's a lot of analysis right there", uh there wasn't any to begin with. Has anyone seen the original poster? What? No? Oh thats classy.
Also, You want to say that you are only pointing out the Glory Years your franchise is having now. Then why come and point it out here? Sounds like bragging to me. Never went to a Vikings web page or Dallas web page and had to point out that we were in the midst of the greatest years of our franchises rise from the ashes. Trust me, you are just taking your 15 minutes of fame out for a test drive and posted on a board whose franchise has more staying power than your own. Once you all begin to lose again, and you go back into hiding for another twenty years, we can get back to talking football.
Steelers>Patriots

Hey man, look, I'm sorry if this got off track. I indeed was replying only to the WR comment. It sure wasn't me that made the original post, though your venom sure is directed at me. Please hold me accountable for what I've written, not some other jackass.

Deal?

Livinginthe past
07-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Steelers>Patriots

Poor IronCity is looking for a way out of a debate he lost about 3 pages back - so you want to talk about the original lame-ass post?
Why is that? Because you cant handle the logic of people with an IQ over 70?

What on earth are you talking about when you say "Never went to a Vikings web page or Dallas web page and had to point out that we were in the midst of the greatest years of our franchises rise from the ashes"

The end of this sentence is pure nonsense. What rising out of ashes...are you talking about now?

Please - when you have taking a beating on a point - just bow down and take it - all this petty ' our Dynasty is better than yours' and now even 'our BOARD is better than yours' is embarrassing to read.

No-one is bringing up the Patriots Dynasty more than you.

Please know when you are beaten.

Regards

NM

clevestinks
07-16-2005, 02:08 PM
CS, even you have to see the humor in that. He can't even see the effectivness of his own set of WR's. :D

The Pats wr = Mediocre comment should not be held accountable toward all us Steelers fans. Where it came from ????? It was way off target.

Tha rock
07-16-2005, 07:47 PM
PATS SUCK WE ARE GOING TO KILL THEM GAME 1!! We are going to show evryone we are for real this season!!

ironcitychef
07-17-2005, 02:15 AM

Hey man, you started the deal. Check the posts. I gave on objective, though opinionated view of Patriots better than Steelers and you came at me saying the recent is more important than the past. All I did was try to get an idea of the ground rules you want to use in the BF(total SB or current SB)and be consistent. You want to bury the hatchet fine, cause its not me either. But you start putting up your opinion of your team is better than my opinion of mine and we'll meet back here. I'll never use our four trophies as a reason to support poor effort on the field(ie after a 4-12), but we earned them just like you earned yours. Can't do nothing about when you got 'em, so why can't you just view them as equal. Your original post said it all, no matter what came after. It just sounds like a lot of back handed compliments if you ask me. You want me to tell you who won what game, fine, I'll tell you. But you came to a Steeler site and asked who is the better team. What other answer did you expect? And I'm the one with no sense...

Livinginthe past
07-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Hey man, you started the deal. Check the posts. I gave on objective, though opinionated view of Patriots better than Steelers and you came at me saying the recent is more important than the past. All I did was try to get an idea of the ground rules you want to use in the BF(total SB or current SB)and be consistent. You want to bury the hatchet fine, cause its not me either. But you start putting up your opinion of your team is better than my opinion of mine and we'll meet back here. I'll never use our four trophies as a reason to support poor effort on the field(ie after a 4-12), but we earned them just like you earned yours. Can't do nothing about when you got 'em, so why can't you just view them as equal. Your original post said it all, no matter what came after. It just sounds like a lot of back handed compliments if you ask me. You want me to tell you who won what game, fine, I'll tell you. But you came to a Steeler site and asked who is the better team. What other answer did you expect? And I'm the one with no sense...

Ironcity - you seem like a thoroughly confused individual.

Lets start with one of your opening statements - "I Gave an objective, tough opinionated view of patriots better than Steelers......" you managed to contradict yourself in the space of a few words - for your reference : OBJECTIVE - adj 1: undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena; "an objective appraisal"; "objective evidence" .

You also say that DirtyWater is of the opinion that the 'recent is more important than the past' - it is quite obvious that recent events are more important than ones buried in the past - especially when looking forward to a new season.

We have opinions, things that are not set in stone, about stuff that is yet to happen ie the upcoming season - you can tell us you think you will beat us this time and you are quite welcome to - its the normal reaction of a normal fan.

But based on RECENT history - our team IS better than yours - its a very simple fact that can be confirmed if you look back at the results for the last 4 years.

I actually quite like the Steelers as an organisation, a real working mans blue collar set up - and I find your team far more agreeable than the whiners of Indianapolis, Washington and New York.

If you cant accept compliments on behalf of your team without labelling them as 'back-handed' then its your loss not ours.

Regards

NM

ironcitychef
07-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Oh not the definitions again. Objective I meant both sides. Gave you all credit for "currency", but then said our body of work was better(my opinion which I guess isn't the answer you were looking for). Even said glass is half full or empty. Didn't even think first post was flamatory. I guess you all just look for what I post and respond blindly. As for back handed yeah I see it that way. We say we have pride, tradition, and a better organization and you say we are hung up on history. You say it, and you expect us to thank you for telling us what we already knew of our team. You say that your current 3 make you better, we are supposed to accept it and say nothing. We say you haven't achieved greatness yet, and you get mad we don't give you credit. If you need that support group so bad, don't look for it on a Steeler board. Again not my board, I'm just a member, but I wonder what the purpose of coming to this board are if you just want us to say the Pats are great.

Dirtywater
07-17-2005, 12:13 PM

Again, I said sorry. Not sure what else you want from me. You can't get blood from a stone man. As I stated in the other thread, I'm done being baited into arguements by you. When you want to simply talk football I'll be around. I wish you well.

DW

Livinginthe past
07-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh not the definitions again. Objective I meant both sides. Gave you all credit for "currency", but then said our body of work was better(my opinion which I guess isn't the answer you were looking for). Even said glass is half full or empty. Didn't even think first post was flamatory. I guess you all just look for what I post and respond blindly. As for back handed yeah I see it that way. We say we have pride, tradition, and a better organization and you say we are hung up on history. You say it, and you expect us to thank you for telling us what we already knew of our team. You say that your current 3 make you better, we are supposed to accept it and say nothing. We say you haven't achieved greatness yet, and you get mad we don't give you credit. If you need that support group so bad, don't look for it on a Steeler board. Again not my board, I'm just a member, but I wonder what the purpose of coming to this board are if you just want us to say the Pats are great.

Lets try and clear this up - and see if we cant agree on a few things.

1. The Patriots are currently the best team in the league.

2. The Steelers Dynasty is the 'benchmark' for future dynasties - meaning it is the best.

3. The current Patriots dynasty has not finished so we cannot rate it yet.

4. You say you have pride and tradition - I agree.

5. We should be able to separate talk of Dynasties from talk of the current best team (see above)

Ok thats about it - what do you think?

Regards

NM

clevestinks
07-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Pretty close!

I`m still not sure why it has to be Steelers and Pats. Its about so much more.

1. I agree, I hope it will be us soon. But at least 31 teams are gunning for the Pats.

2. Agreed, I know it was a different era, I`m not sure any team will be able to do it the same way. But I do believe it is possible to unseat our Dynasty. I hope it will be by us one of these days, and not by anyone else.

3. Jury is still out, that is true.

4. Yes very true, I would think most fans would feel this for thier team.

Hey we did win that computerized Superbowl on ESPN a couple years ago, is that worth another ring???

ironcitychef
07-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Uh what happened to the Blast Furnace? Might be the first time a thread gets moved from the furnace to a regular forum? Guys, I don't understand why you seek a total answer in a fact based opinion thread like the furnace. You all say Pats are best cause they won the last, I say we are cause we have won more Super Bowls and have a "stronger body of work" which Im glad to see you using elswhere now. Both are factual statements so to me we can go back and forth with each other to till the Super Bowl. Which is the purpose of this thread. If you want to discover some absolute answer try posting up above and not in here, cause while we try to stay factual, I will continue to let the Steeler pride dominate in the Blast Furnace.

Again, once we win another Super Bowl, it will validate the Steelers on both your scale and mine.

Livinginthe past
07-18-2005, 11:38 AM
I believe I just gave to the definitive answer to this question. You even agreed with me, just after saying that WAS NO total answer.
I dont think the debate was ever about he strengths of Dynasties - I am willing to concede this one to you...for now.
I was simply stating that the Patriots are the currently the BEST TEAM - in other words if every team was to put out there best CURRENT players then the Patriots would come out on top.

If we cannot seperate these very different questions/ debates then im not sure what the point of any forum is.

Regards

NM

ironcitychef
07-18-2005, 11:52 AM
uh yes...which is why I questioned why you and DW(not to stir anything up) came at me when I originally said these things a week ago. Only said overall we get a greater sign, and current we get Less than/Equal to sign cause with our current players we were .500 but you get the 'Mo nod cause you won last. Man that's some venom there.:rolleyes: Glad you guys came at me at put me in my place.

shevdog
02-06-2006, 08:45 PM

Paterno did pull out of his slump to lead PSU to an Orange Bowl victory (#3 ranked).

and...

I got wish #1!!!!!

(Sucks I couldn't have all three.)

Justin Otstott
02-11-2006, 12:33 AM
do we or not have more titles then the pats...hmmmm

augustashark
02-11-2006, 01:34 AM

No, the pats are still better than us!:sofunny:

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 06:31 AM

overall, absolutely, in the entire history of the franchises.

now if you want to compare the rosters that currently make up the two teams now???

there going to be some goood smack talking next year. At least both teams have creds now.

Stlrs4Life
02-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Patriots= Dynasty

Dude, we had a Dynasty, as a matter of fact, the first Dynasty, before you were shitting yelllow.

Livinginthe past
02-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Dude, we had a Dynasty, as a matter of fact, the first Dynasty, before you were shitting yelllow.

Just so you know - this is an ancient thread that has been resurrected. The person who posted the original mindless drivel has long since left - good riddance.

NM

clevestinks
02-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Super Bowl winner is the best, for a year, then have to prove themselves again!

So the Steelers are Best

SteelerzGirl
02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Guy is a stud and y'all know it.

Tom Brady is a stud? :rofl: I know nothing of the sort. Brady is hardly a "stud." He looks like he's barely old enough to shave, and the way he whines around, I bet he has a wee willy winkie, too.

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Tom Brady is a stud? :rofl: I know nothing of the sort. Brady is hardly a "stud." He looks like he's barely old enough to shave, and the way he whines around, I bet he has a wee willy winkie, too.
Yo, you are a naughty girl! But I`m loving it! rep points for you

Livinginthe past
02-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Roethlisberger smells of poo.

So there.

NM

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 05:11 AM
Roethlisberger smells of poo.

So there.

NM
Finally some intelligent conversation from you!:sofunny:

Livinginthe past
02-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Finally some intelligent conversation from you!:sofunny:

Thats not all I got.....

Bettis is a bit fat.

Take that.

NM

hardwork
02-14-2006, 11:29 AM

More like a steroidasty wasn't it?

SalukiSteelers
02-14-2006, 01:13 PM
One of only three teams with five SB wins, six trips to the SB, over ten Steelers in the HOF with more to come and Super Bowl wins in three different calendar decades. One of the most popular NFL teams worldwide and a league standard of winning, consistency, and history. If NE keeps it up maybe they can join the Steelers as one of the greatest franchises in NFL history. Right now it's Pittsburgh by at least a step.

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Thats not all I got.....

Bettis is a bit fat.

Take that.

NM
Now your out of line, just a BIT!

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Patriots= Dynasty

Solve this equation

3 titles or 5 titles which is better to have????? No Brainer 5!

Livinginthe past
02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Solve this equation

3 titles or 5 titles which is better to have????? No Brainer 5!

Thats not an equation.

It does, however, sound like something Yoda might say.

NM

Suitanim
02-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Die, thread, die!

clevestinks
02-15-2006, 12:22 PM
I agree that one superbowl doesn`t make a dynasty, but you have to start somewhere. Step one is in place! Step is in progress ihope

SteelCityMan786
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I agree that one superbowl doesn`t make a dynasty, but you have to start somewhere. Step one is in place! Step is in progress ihope

Your Right Cleve. Dynastys just don't start over night.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2006, 05:39 PM
who in world dug this old thing up...

43Hitman
02-15-2006, 06:49 PM
*yoda voice* Hmmm 5 trophies we have..Strong is the Force in Pittsburgh.

3 to be 4
02-15-2006, 09:39 PM
I'll give you this. If next year the Steelers repeat and the Patriots dont get at least to the AFC Title game, their 00's scorecard will be:

Patriots 5 playoff berths, 3 AFCCG's,3 SB's, 3 Titles
Steelers 5 playoff berths, 4 AFCCG's, 2 SB's, 2 Titles

an era challenged But thats a big IF. I still see the Patriots coming back strong in 2006.

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2006, 02:27 PM
I don't doubt that the patriots will try to give us a fight. you guys shallacked Jacksonville before your boys were takin down by none other than Denver perhaps? Who was beaten by who the next week?.......PITTSBURGH perhaps?? Oh wait THE STEELERS DID!

Livinginthe past
02-17-2006, 12:49 AM
I don't doubt that the patriots will try to give us a fight. you guys shallacked Jacksonville before your boys were takin down by none other than Denver perhaps? Who was beaten by who the next week?.......PITTSBURGH perhaps?? Oh wait THE STEELERS DID!

You need to work on them rhetorical questions a little harder - they dont make very much sense.

Hold on...maybe this will help.

Who needs to work on their rhetorical questions a little harder? None other than SteelCityMan786 perhaps? Oh wait STEELCITYMAN786 DOES!

NM

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2006, 08:23 AM
You need to work on them rhetorical questions a little harder - they dont make very much sense.

Hold on...maybe this will help.

Who needs to work on their rhetorical questions a little harder? None other than SteelCityMan786 perhaps? Oh wait STEELCITYMAN786 DOES!

NM

Well I appreciate the suggestion.

Suitanim
02-17-2006, 09:11 AM
This thread is the '72 Pinto of the board...I wish someone would rear-end it in the gas tank...

XxKnightxX
02-17-2006, 05:38 PM
im wondering if i should post my thoughts??

Livinginthe past
02-17-2006, 05:46 PM
im wondering if i should post my thoughts??

You just did - congratulations.

NM