PDA

View Full Version : Best Back-up QB?

Stillers#1
09-19-2006, 11:16 PM
I don't know if this thread has been started before. But, I have noticed a lot of back-up QB's who could be starters. Who do you guys think the best is?

My picks:

1. Matt Schaub
2. David Girard
3. Joey Harrington
4. Jeff Garcia
5. Charlie Batch
6. Billy Volek

boLT fan
09-20-2006, 06:03 AM
Matt Shaub
Billy Volek
Charlie Batch
JP Losman.. oh wait...

BlackNGold203
09-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Losman has actually played pretty well so far this year....

Volek got screwed in Tennessee.....

Think the Raiders or Redskins would love to have any of these guys???

HometownGal
09-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Out of that group, definitely Billy Volek. He filled in nicely for McNair during the 2004 season for 8 games and one game last season, though the Titans lost most of those contests due to just being an overall bad team. He has a 60.3% completion percentage and a QB rating of 86.9. Not bad at all for a back-up. Smart move by the Chargers to sign him to back up Rivers.

The remainder on that list, imho, are good for a game or two but not long term solutions.

boLT fan
09-20-2006, 10:57 AM
After reading this I think i'm changing my number one to Volek:

Volek has thrown for 2,789 yards in 10 starts, the most passing yards by any quarterback in his first 10 starts dating back to 1970

http://chargers.com/news/headlines/volek-happy-to.htm

sumo
09-20-2006, 11:59 AM
After reading this I think i'm changing my number one to Volek:

http://chargers.com/news/headlines/volek-happy-to.htm

Tommy Maddox

hardwork
09-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Matt Cassel, without question.

ARKIESTEEL
09-20-2006, 12:34 PM
The one that stays on the sideline and holds the clipboard like he is paid to do:toofunny:

ibleedburgundy
09-20-2006, 12:39 PM
David Garrard, no question IMO. This guy just wins games. He has a cannon for an arm, he's big, he's hard to bring down, and he can run. Several teams around the league would be more competetive if they traded for Garrard.

And no, Redskins fans are not clamoring for Billy Volek (although there is a building contingent that wants to see Jason Campbell right away). Personally, I think the problems run a little deeper than just one position. The way our O-line has played, the schemes we are using, I'm not sure any QB would have been successful. These first two games have been like the Pittsburgh/Colts playoff game last year. Peyton Manning simply had no time to do anything.

Still, I think I should mention. Mark Brunell threw 23 TD's last year and only had 10 interceptions. His QB rating was 85.9 and he got zero respect for it around the league. What gives?

hardwork
09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Still, I think I should mention. Mark Brunell threw 23 TD's last year and only had 10 interceptions. His QB rating was 85.9 and he got zero respect for it around the league. What gives?

I don't know how much respect he gets around the league but I've always liked him and I doubt I'm alone.

HometownGal
09-20-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't know how much respect he gets around the league but I've always liked him and I doubt I'm alone.

I've always liked Brunell, as well. He used to give the Steelers D fits when he was with the Jags.