PDA

View Full Version : Foote consistent on Defense

Infamix
09-20-2006, 09:26 AM
The whole defense played good as a whole, but this guy made alot of plays throughout the game, and didn't miss tackles either. I think he's not given enough credit sometimes.

HometownGal
09-20-2006, 09:32 AM
The whole defense played good as a whole, but this guy made alot of plays throughout the game, and didn't miss tackles either. I think he's not given enough credit sometimes.

Most definitely. Larry Foote is definitely one of the Steelers D's unsung heroes. I love that guy! :bouncy:

Justin Otstott
09-20-2006, 09:51 AM
yea I give him credit!!

ROETTI
09-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Straight up, Foote is fast becoming one of the Premier Defensive backs in the game.

Let's hope he puts some major hits on Palmer this coming week.

Midnightwriter07
09-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Foote and Farrior both week in and week out !! love em

ROETTI
09-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Foote and Farrior both week in and week out !! love em

Couldn't agree more and then with Poppa Porter.

Wonder what Chris Hope thinks about his choice now?

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I am sure Chris Hope is fine with his choice, given the difference between what the Steelers were willing to pay and the Titans did pay. This isn't high school where you can get a hotter girlfriend depending on whether the team wins on Friday night; it's a business where maxing out on the paycheck for the players and keeping payroll under control for management are major concerns. At the pro level it is all about the Benjamins.

While Hope did not fit the Steelers budget, defensive backfield remains a concern to me (and to Cowher, if the sideline shots of him yelling at Carter and Taylor on Monday night are any indication), especially if Troy's shoulder continues to be a problem. IMHO Hope will be missed.

Midnightwriter07
09-20-2006, 01:03 PM
I hope that Hope has a terrible year and the Titans lose all of there games and that Hope gets beat on every play lol .... I love my Steelers players while they are with us, but when they leave for more money elsewhere.. i never want them to do well. This doesnt include back ups or course.. i want them to do well wherever they go, just the starters that leave such as O Donnell, Brown, Burris, Hope just to name a few... I always hope they dont get to a SuperBowl and end up sucking ass and are on a bad team.

ROETTI
09-20-2006, 01:13 PM
I am sure Chris Hope is fine with his choice, given the difference between what the Steelers were willing to pay and the Titans did pay. This isn't high school where you can get a hotter girlfriend depending on whether the team wins on Friday night; it's a business where maxing out on the paycheck for the players and keeping payroll under control for management are major concerns. At the pro level it is all about the Benjamins.

While Hope did not fit the Steelers budget, defensive backfield remains a concern to me (and to Cowher, if the sideline shots of him yelling at Carter and Taylor on Monday night are any indication), especially if Troy's shoulder continues to be a problem. IMHO Hope will be missed.

I think there are still guys out there that still are loyal to their team of choice regardless of the $$. There's no doubt both he and Randel El went for the $$, but the thing about this is what happens to their career when that contract runs out? Randel El doesn't ahve a quarterback or system that gets him the ball yet and Hope just plays for a VERY bad team.

I certainly hope the Steelers make Ben their franchise player when the time comes.

Here's to the loyal guys like Porter, Ward, etc...

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2006, 01:21 PM
I think there are still guys out there that still are loyal to their team of choice regardless of the $$. There's no doubt both he and Randel El went for the $$, but the thing about this is what happens to their career when that contract runs out? Randel El doesn't ahve a quarterback or system that gets him the ball yet and Hope just plays for a VERY bad team.

I certainly hope the Steelers make Ben their franchise player when the time comes.

Here's to the loyal guys like Porter, Ward, etc...

Ummm ... Ward missed camp until he received assuurances from Cowher his contract would get worked out and Porter has been fairly vocal about wanting to tear up his deal, which has 2 years to go.

If you want to cite players who have sacrificed financially and taken less to stay with the Steelers rather than having turned down firm offers to get more $$$ to go elsewhere you might want to fill in "etc." in order to come up with some examples :)