Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0650.html

This is what football should be about! :helmet: :tt02:

Ohio Steeler
09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
yep

Here we go STEELERS Here we go

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2006, 11:57 AM
I agree it is about as good as it gets right now - while the networks continue to focus on yesteryear rivalries such as Redskins-Cowboys to put in prime time, I am surprised neither Bengals-Steelers game this season made it to NBC, ESPN, or at least the CBS national doubleheader game at 4:15 on Sunday.

HometownGal
09-20-2006, 11:59 AM
What an absolutely GREAT article!!! :thumbsup: It is great to see a rival team's fan craft such an excellent read without being biased or sour-graped.

Kudos to you, Mr. Stephens - I really enjoyed your perspective and analysis! :cheers:

Thanks, SF staff, for providing us with yet another outstanding article! :bouncy:

Mosca
09-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Great stuff. This is exactly how I feel about this rivalry; it's a sports team rivalry, not a personal hatred for other people. We're going to have between 5 and 10 years with both teams at or near a peak, and we'll probably play 3 times a year for that stretch. AWESOME.

Tom

Justin Otstott
09-20-2006, 12:43 PM
nice reading....

ROETTI
09-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Where I come fromhockey is big and our big Rivalry is the Ottawa Senators VS Toronto Maple Leafs. Even though I'm a huge hockey fan as well, nothing in hockey campares to the NFL and definitely not like the rivalry between these two teams, that's most likely why they scheduele them to gether twice.

I can't wait for this Sunday!

floodcitygirl
09-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Thanks. I enjoyed that. Evidence that there are decent Bengal fans...they just aren't usually as vocal as the idiots! :thumbsup:

hardwork
09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Where I come fromhockey is big and our big Rivalry is the Ottawa Senators VS Toronto Maple Leafs. Even though I'm a huge hockey fan as well, nothing in hockey campares to the NFL and definitely not like the rivalry between these two teams, that's most likely why they scheduele them to gether twice.

I can't wait for this Sunday!

Yeah, now, but the NHL used to have some of the best rivalries in sports when it had only 6 teams. The Bruins/Rangers games were like a war.

ROETTI
09-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah, now, but the NHL used to have some of the best rivalries in sports when it had only 6 teams. The Bruins/Rangers games were like a war.

Ypu're right and it still does. The only thing there isn't as much build up as the NFL, cause you play the rivalry like 12 times a year. After that many times it kind of loses it's lustre.

Steel Warrior
09-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Nice article cept he spelled "Bleier" wrong and that's unforgiveable. :wink:

Lyn
09-20-2006, 03:15 PM
I have never considered the Bengals as Steeler rivals because in recent times they have never had a team, until now. That was a good article,however.

:tt02: :thumbsup:

SteelersNationsfl
09-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I have never considered the Bengals as Steeler rivals because in recent times they have never had a team, until now. That was a good article,however.

:tt02: :thumbsup:

Yeah I agree... I always figured that the Browns - Stillers rivalry was much bigger than the Steelers - Bungles rivalry. Of course after sunday it could continue getting bigger and bigger.

Stlrs4Life
09-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Nice read. I enjoyed it. Only thing is, it might be the biggest rivalry for the Bengals. But Cleveland remains the Steelers biggest rivalry. And as fars as the NFL, none are bigger than the Bears and Packers, in my opinion.

19ward86
09-20-2006, 07:26 PM
true true but for some reason the ravens are still technically our rivals, bengals game is always bigger but soon people will realize who our true rivals are....seriously,jacksonville.

HEREWEGO
09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
nothing special about that article...i stopped reading half way through :banana:

Lyn
09-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Nice read. I enjoyed it. Only thing is, it might be the biggest rivalry for the Bengals. But Cleveland remains the Steelers biggest rivalry. And as fars as the NFL, none are bigger than the Bears and Packers, in my opinion.

Bears & Packers are definiely the NFL's biggest rivalry. The ole BlackNBlue League!~

stillers4me
09-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Thank you, Greg Stephens!! I look forward to reading more of your articles........and beating your team!! Maybe some of your good sportsmanship will rub off onto some of your neighbors........please come and speak to my coworkers because they are driving me nuts!!

LarryNJ
09-20-2006, 09:18 PM

I grew up in Pgh. and have lived in several different parts of the country. Everywhere I've been they think they have the biggest rivalry. In DC redskins cowboys, Philly Eagles/Giants, Broncos Chiefs. I used to think the Steelers Browns but after they lost their team and my company's headquarters is in Cleveland I sort of felt bad for the poor bastards. When they got a team back I went to Steelers Browns game in Cleveland and it was nothing like the 70's bus trips up the turnpike. That was simply crazy back than. Fights everywhere in the stadium. All that being said the I agree the packers bears would get my vote for #1. The Steelers Bengals is simply fun, the history isn't there like some of the others.

BBC
09-20-2006, 09:21 PM
The Steelers don't play the Browns this weekend :hunch: