PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Game Looms for Bengals' Palmer

alittlejazzbird
09-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Happened upon this MSNBC commentary by Bill Williamson, which was posted yesterday:

"Carson Palmer didn?t like the Pittsburgh Steelers going into last January?s playoff game between his upstart Cincinnati Bengals and the perennially tough Steel Towners.

When his and the Bengals? season ended with him being carted off in the early stages of Cincinnati?s attempt to unseat the Steelers as the shot callers of the AFC North, Palmer really had a thing for the Steelers.

When Palmer was beginning his long rehabilitation from a torn ACL, forced to stay home and watch Pittsburgh Super Bowl love jammed down his throat, he began to downright loathe the Steelers.

That?s why this week's game is going to be so much fun.

Palmer admits his disdain for the Steelers. For being so good, for ending his season, for causing him an offseason of pain. For being the best.

Now, it?s Palmer?s turn to shove football down the Steelers throats. Think the kid ? developing into one of the smoothest, clutch quarterbacks in the game ? is going let this chance go to waste? They may have to cart Palmer off the field again before he lets this opportunity pass.

In what will be the best pure football moment of the young NFL season ? sorry, made-for-TV Manning Bowl ? Palmer leads the Bengals into Pittsburgh on Sunday for a game that could change the season in the AFC North.

If Palmer and the Bengals exploit Pittsburgh?s excellent pass defense, it will show the Steelers two things. One, that Palmer is healthy and not mentally affected from his injury last year in the playoffs. Palmer will have shown the Steelers that he is not afraid of them. He?d likely still be disgusted by them, but not afraid.

Also, a Cincinnati win would show the Steelers that the Bengals are indeed the team to beat in the division. Just like everyone thought, if Palmer were healthy.

It could be a big day for Palmer against the team that makes him ill.

But if the Steelers shut down Palmer and his offensive weaponry, then it will get into Palmer?s head that he still can?t beat the Steelers healthy or otherwise. It could adversely affect Palmer and his team all season long.

This game means a lot. And win or lose, don?t expect Palmer?s feelings for the Steelers to change."

If ever a game was a "must win," this Sunday is it. Lose to the Bengals at home....well, to paraphrase what I saw in another article today, if that happens, Pittsburgh had better guard its bridges. Go Stillers!!!!

SteelersNationsfl
09-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Palmer Loathes the Steelers? I'm mean i'm sure its ok that someone from another team not like another team. But, to go to the extreme as to say hate or loathe... I think that is a bit far. I hope that Palmer comes into town on Sunday and has one of the worst games of his career. He will not be liked in Pittsburgh because of this article.

Just one more reason for you people in Pittsburgh to scream your heads off on Sunday.

I will be screaming down here in florida with my uncle at a bar which will probably have Bengals fans in it. Who cares they can loathe me if they want to also.

klick81
09-20-2006, 05:08 PM
It's well known that he admittedly hates the Steelers. Let's just hope we can send him home crying with anger.

sumo
09-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Blah Blah -- everybody loathes the Steelers because we're World Champs -- everybody's going to make this some big emotional thing for Palmer -- he won't have flashbacks until he has to play the Jets and he sees Kimo rolling towards him on a pass rush -- that's the way it always has been -- I remember in the 70s -- the raiders were so jealous of the Steelers and hated them so much - they would routinely take blatant cheap shots

WhoIsMattJones?
09-20-2006, 05:33 PM
i really really hope u guys destroy the bungles i HATE that team and cry baby carson palmer. ill b rooting for u guys this sunday 2 roll over the bungles and there clown uniforms..

wiqidjuggalo
09-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Hate us or Love us we dont really care... WE ARE STEELER NATION and we are growing stronger one member at a time!!!! the bung-holes are gonna have a rough time protecting palmer since their main starting center is out with a broken neck and i highly doubt their replacement will be able to stop thr BIG NASTY D!!!!

SteelersNationsfl
09-20-2006, 06:45 PM
i really really hope u guys destroy the bungles i HATE that team and cry baby carson palmer. ill b rooting for u guys this sunday 2 roll over the bungles and there clown uniforms..

We hope to do that too... Thanks for not coming in here and being a "insert bad words here". I hope we roll over the bungle clowns also.

stillers4me
09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I hope Carson watched that Indy game from last REAL close........so he knows exactly how to suck on the turf.

I'm coming out of the closet...........I HATE THE BENGALS.

There. I feel much better now.

Midnightwriter07
09-20-2006, 07:04 PM
I hate and lothe the Bengals and Ravens .. not out of jealousy as it is for Palmer... but because i dont like anything about them I hate thier players, coaches, uniforms, ect ect which is how a rivalry should be.. One game doesnt mean shitt.. so either way is not a make or break game.. we still play them at least two and maybe 3 times a year .. but to hopefully watch them sack Palmer a bunch of times and to see Johnson helmet come off a few more would definately make my day.. I am suprised they didnt make that a Monday night game.

SteelersNationsfl
09-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Here is a thread from those classy fans of Cinci... where? Makes me sick that anyone would even take time to do any of this.

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=16401&st=0

19ward86
09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
he is a big baby. revenge? on what, the playoffs, they wouldnt of gotten past the colts or broncos anyway. conversation over.

Sharkissle29
09-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Here is a thread from those classy fans of Cinci... where? Makes me sick that anyone would even take time to do any of this.

wow, just that single page was full of class.....

Marvin_for_prez
09-20-2006, 09:08 PM

One person's post represents an entire fanbase?
I just want to be clear if that is how it works because I'm sure I could post some interesting links too. :wink02:

Marvin_for_prez
09-20-2006, 09:10 PM
the bung-holes are gonna have a rough time protecting palmer since their main starting center is out with a broken neck and i highly doubt their replacement will be able to stop thr BIG NASTY D!!!!

Someone should tell Rich Braham that he is suffering from a broken neck because I'm sure that he doesn't know. :smile:

Stlrs4Life
09-20-2006, 09:41 PM
One person's post represents an entire fanbase?
I just want to be clear if that is how it works because I'm sure I could post some interesting links too. :wink02:

Marvin, read some of the replies, it's more than 1 poster. As far as I'm concerned that post should be forwarded to some serious authorities.

Marvin_for_prez
09-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Marvin, read some of the replies, it's more than 1 poster. As far as I'm concerned that post should be forwarded to some serious authorities.

You know what I'm talking about. One person (or a group of people for that matter) does not accurately represent every fan of a team. That idea is just silly.
Besides, why bring up a post that was made months ago? If it was so offensive that it needed to be discussed, why not do it before now?
I'm not in any way attempting to justify anything that was posted in that particular thread, (in fact I find it pretty tasteless also) but don't try to make blanket statements accusing ALL Bengals fans of doing shit like that. That's all I'm saying.
There are members of the Steeler Nation that live in glass houses too.
We all have ******* fans.

Does this really need to be discussed every single time someone posts something stupid? :banging:

SteelersWoman
09-21-2006, 03:04 AM
When the injury to CP happened last year, I was impressed that he took the high road and behaved like a gentleman about it--saying basically that these things happen, was nobody's fault, etc.. What a crock!

Find out now that he lied outright, and I can't stand that. I'd've been better able to respect him had he said from the beginning how he felt-- I have NO respect for him now. He knew goin' in to the NFL that there was risk for some injuries-some of them serious. Would he have hated ANYone that did it? Or does he "hate" just cuz it was the Steelers??

And there are those who have said the STEELERS need(ed) brought down a notch? I think those people have us confused with the Bengals. The little liar (and some of his out of control team mates) need taken to the woodshed, and I'm sure hopin' that it's Black and Gold crackin' the whip. That would be OHHHH so sweet. :bringit:

Just wanted to add--I think all of CP's comments irritated me becuz when it happened, I felt so sorry for him. I'm not like a lot of fans who want to see the good players go down in a game due to an injury--in fact, I prefer it to be their best against OUR best--that way you truly know who was the better team--and no one has ANY excuses.

:helmet:

HometownGal
09-21-2006, 06:52 AM
wow, just that single page was full of class.....

I've read some of the low, classless garbage over at GoBengals and I laugh at how far these tough-talkin' internet thugs go to try to avenge their TEAM's loss in the playoffs last season. Great teams rise above adversity - one year wonders still cry in their Gatorade a year later....as do their "fans".

Buzz05
09-21-2006, 08:51 AM
You stay classless Cinci....