PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu and Holmes: Questionable

83-Steelers-43
09-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Just reported on Savern. Troy obviously with a shoulder and Holmes with a foot.

augustashark
09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
In his ass?

klick81
09-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Holmes, with a foot injury? Is that why he was running so freakin' slow? And jeez...Polamalu? Dammit...as much as i hate it, he's probably gonna have to sit out.

sumo
09-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Just reported on Savern. Troy obviously with a shoulder and Holmes with a foot.

Scary -- I've gotten so use to Troy it's hard to imagine the defense now without him

83-Steelers-43
09-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Also for what it's worth....

Chad Johnson has started. He called out Joey Porter to meet him on the 50 yard line. He also stated somebody has to pay for his own QB throwing a bonehead pass across the middle in which Chad was almost decapitated.

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Post-Gazette story on injuries posted late this afternoon

The Steelers issued their first injury report of the week and no news was good news for Ben Roethlsiberger -- he's not on it.

Roethlisberger, questionable all last week because of an appendectomy, went through a full practice today. So too did safety Troy Polamalu, although he's again listed as questionable with a shoulder injury from the opening game. He played in Jacksonville Monday.

WR Santonio Holmes did not practice. He's listed as questionable after having his foot stepped on Monday night.

The rest of the Steelers on the injury report are listed as probable: LB Larry Foote (groin), CB Bryant McFadden (quad), WR Hines Ward (hamstring) and WR Nate Washington (finger).

The Bengals injury report: Out -- C Rich Braham (knee), S Dexter Jackson (ankle), LB A.J. Nicholson (hamstring), WR Tab Perry (hip). Doubtful -- WR Antonio Chatman (groin). Questionable -- WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh (heel). Probable -- DT Sam Adams (knee), WR Chris Henry (groin), OT Levi Jones (ankle), CB Deltha O'Neal (knee), LB Brian Simmons (knee) and OL Eric Steinbach (back).

Troy will start but as we saw on Monday night he is nowhere near his All-Pro level playing with one arm. Still beats a Carter/Clark combo at safety

wiqidjuggalo
09-20-2006, 06:06 PM

Chad Johnson has started. He called out Joey Porter to meet him on the 50 yard line. He also stated somebody has to pay for his own QB throwing a bonehead pass across the middle in which Chad was almost decapitated.

Is it just me or is Chad Johnson absolutely stupid? i mean who in their right mind would be dumb enough to call out "the MOST FEARED MAN in the NFL!!!"?

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Is it just me or is Chad Johnson absolutely stupid? i mean who in their right mind would be dumb enough to call out "the MOST FEARED MAN in the NFL!!!"?

Lewis caught heat last year for telling Johnson and everyone else to zip it during Steelers Week and not treat it like every other week- Chad popping off here presumably is intended to send the message that the Bengals now believe they can take their big brother out and do not need to be bashful about it. I look for a personal foul flag in the first 5 minutes, whether it is merited or not, as the refs try to get this game under control.

Midnightwriter07
09-20-2006, 06:53 PM
I wouldnt mind if was on us as long as we knocked the crap out of someone on thier team to set the tempo early.. i am at the point where i just dont like any of there players...

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2006, 06:54 PM

So I guess chad is trying to jinx the Bungals.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-20-2006, 07:33 PM
If Troy is hurting as bad as he was Mon. he needs to sit. I love him,but I think he was a liability on Mon.

19ward86
09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
chad is a donkey. he is picking a fight with the toughest and strongest team. dumbassssss

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2006, 07:45 PM
If Troy is hurting as bad as he was Mon. he needs to sit. I love him,but I think he was a liability on Mon.

It is a tough call - Troy is the best player on the team and it is a big risk not playing him in what, as I look at the schedule, is a crucial early season game.

OTOH not playing Troy Sunday might actually allow him to heal up with a bye week to follow. The fact he is practicing makes me belive he will play.

Lyn
09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
chad is a donkey. he is picking a fight with the toughest and strongest team. dumbassssss

In all seriousness, Troy did not play a good game, he was visibly hurt and he should NOT have played. If he does play on Sunday and plays like he did on MNF, he will not be productive.

:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

CrimsonSteeler3443
09-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I can't wait to see Porter lay a massive hit on Johnson like that dude from the browns.

P.S.- who was that anyway?

83-Steelers-43
09-20-2006, 08:19 PM
P.S.- who was that anyway?

(DB) Brian Russell

Stlrs4Life
09-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Holmes, with a foot injury? Is that why he was running so freakin' slow? And jeez...Polamalu? Dammit...as much as i hate it, he's probably gonna have to sit out.

He should have sat out on Monday also. He sure didn't look too good out there trying to tackle with 1 arm.

83-Steelers-43
09-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Polamalu hampered by shoulder injury

By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 21, 2006

It was a play that could have changed the game.

It was a play Troy Polamalu could have made, if only ...

Second-and-five from the Jacksonville 13-yard line, Jaguars quarterback Byron Leftwich looked for wide receiver Reggie Williams on a flanker screen along the near sideline.

Polamalu, the Steelers' All-Pro strong safety, anticipated the play, jumped the route and deflected the ball with his left hand but failed to intercept it.

That's how close a 3-0, fourth-quarter Jaguars lead came to turning into a 7-3 Steelers advantage.

"I reached out there with my right arm," Polamalu said Wednesday, the Steelers' first day back at practice following Monday night's 9-0 loss. "I think if I would have had maybe about three or four more inches, which I probably could have (if I were) healthy, but who knows if I would have even caught the ball, anyway, you know?"

What's certain is Polamalu is playing at less than 100 percent efficiency -- to the extent that his gait is noticeably different on and off the field due to a right shoulder injury sustained in the Steelers' 28-17, season-opening win over Miami on Sept. 7.

"You guys have seen it, I guess," Polamalu said to a media assemblage. "It's just tough to let my arm hang, in general. If walking is tough, tackling (Jacksonville's) Fred Taylor or any running back for that matter is always going to be tough."

Polamalu opened last week listed as questionable on the Steelers' injury report but was quickly upgraded to probable.

He characterized his injury prior to the Jacksonville game as "a bone bruise, a shoulder contusion and something with my bursa sac."

It's not a condition Polamalu anticipates having to deal with all season.

"I'm sure it'll go away, God willing," he said yesterday.

The Steelers had to adjust the way Polamalu attacked in Jacksonville, and they might have to do so again when Cincinnati visits Heinz Field on Sunday.

"He still made the correct reads, the correct calls," cornerback Deshea Townsend said. "You probably didn't see him just throwing his body in there as much because of the shoulder, but he still went out there and played a good game.

"Certain defenses where he might have had the chance to sacrifice his body, he might have sent (free safety) Ryan (Clark). That allowed him to play that much longer."

Polamalu finished with three tackles and two passes defended.

"Ryan did a good job to help complement me and keep me out of certain situations," Polamalu said. "We played great team defense, but we missed a lot of tackles and could have done a lot of things better.

"There are a lot of things I could have done better."

Polamalu practiced yesterday but was listed on the injury report as questionable for Sunday.

"There are a lot of people playing with pain and injuries on this team that I'm sure you guys don't even know about," he said. "And if it was up to me, you guys wouldn't even know about this injury. But, unfortunately, I guess, it's that obvious. You just have to push through it, just like everybody else on this team."

"I'm just one guy of 11 on this defense, just one arm of 22."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_471471.html

jaysta
09-20-2006, 11:30 PM

OK so Chad's gonna make Porter pay for it. :sofunny: I can't wait until Sunday! I'm predicting at least 4 sacks on Palmer!