PDA

View Full Version : The Little Ben Excuse Thread

BengalBrian
09-21-2006, 05:58 AM
Ok.. So what is this weeks injury/sickness for Ben.... You know he is worried, so he is going to have to say SOMETHING probably today or tomorrow to set up either

A) A way to excuse this week's loss

or

B) Make himself look like superman for actually winning despite the illness/injury

So what is it? Ben's thumbkin? Does he have a 115 degree temperature? Did he run into anymore cars on his bike??

Well?

ARKIESTEEL
09-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Did a big fat man fall down on his leg?? Or is that one taken already for last years playoff loss???:crutches: :flipoff:

HometownGal
09-21-2006, 07:10 AM
You know he is worried, so he is going to have to say SOMETHING probably today or tomorrow to set up either

Why would Ben be worried? LMAO! :sofunny: The last time he played against the not so powerful Bungles D, he was 14/21 for 201 yards, 3 TDs, 0 picks. No worries here.

BengalBrian
09-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Did a big fat man fall down on his leg?? Or is that one taken already for last years playoff loss???:crutches: :flipoff:

And how many times did Carson say something....

Thats right.. He didnt... But BEN on the other hand...

Lets not forget the broken toe also.. lol

X-Terminator
09-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Ok.. So what is this weeks injury/sickness for Ben.... You know he is worried, so he is going to have to say SOMETHING probably today or tomorrow to set up either

or

B) Make himself look like superman for actually winning despite the illness/injury

So what is it? Ben's thumbkin? Does he have a 115 degree temperature? Did he run into anymore cars on his bike??

Well?

Please find me any quotes where Ben made any excuses or blamed injuries for his play last week or at any other point in time.

I'll be waiting...

HometownGal
09-21-2006, 08:18 AM

Several times actually. All he's done since last season's playoff game is whine and dry his eyes with his boo towel about how much he hates the Steelers. Boo frickity hoo - cry me a river. :crying03:

memphissteelergirl
09-21-2006, 08:43 AM

or

Well?

Next time you come in here talking smack, have the stones to back up what you're saying, otherwise, go to your room and stop botherin' grown folks!

Stillers#1
09-21-2006, 09:00 AM

Carson didn't have to say anything, the Benagals fans all made excuses for him. And their "team".

BengalBrian
09-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Please find me any quotes where Ben made any excuses or blamed injuries for his play last week or at any other point in time.

I'll be waiting...
He doesnt have to... But to tell reporters he has a broken toe when he doesnt, and has a 104 fever when he doesnt is his way of setting up his cop-out without saying anything

Several times actually. All he's done since last season's playoff game is whine and dry his eyes with his boo towel about how much he hates the Steelers. Boo frickity hoo - cry me a river. :crying03:
He said that once.. Because he was asked by the press... Dont talk out your ass when you dont know what yer sayin

Next time you come in here talking smack, have the stones to back up what you're saying, otherwise, go to your room and stop botherin' grown folks!
Do I need to back it up?? Its true!!!

?????

Tankus_Maximus
09-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Caution said all kindsa crap .."I hate the Steelers", "they have what I want", "that should've been us in the Super Bowl, sniff sniff waaaa waaa waaa".

Of course he said all this after the grounds crew managed to free him from being planted in the ground like a railroad spike, from that ferocious hit from Taz (which incidentally came after picking off Caution).

Go_Cats
09-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Little Ben probably had a yeast infection :busted:

tony hipchest
09-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Little Ben probably had a yeast infection :busted:

that was lame.

Stillers#1
09-21-2006, 01:36 PM
that was lame.

That was like two steps below lame.

BengalBrian
09-21-2006, 02:16 PM
that was lame.

That was like two steps below lame.

And these replies are even lamer

tony hipchest
09-21-2006, 02:21 PM

:jerkit:

i gotta little project for you. why dont you compile a list of all the excuses you use to explain why ben has a superbowl and the bengals dont.

hop to it, buttercup.

BengalBrian
09-21-2006, 02:34 PM
:jerkit:

i gotta little project for you. why dont you compile a list of all the excuses you use to explain why ben has a superbowl and the bengals dont.

hop to it, buttercup.

Well.. It sure as hell wasnt his passer rating in the superbowl... 22???

memphissteelergirl
09-21-2006, 02:43 PM

His leadership on the field got us to the Super Bowl in the first place! Along with the supporting cast to do it.

:sign05:

Stillers#1
09-21-2006, 02:53 PM

You get what you give.

tony hipchest
09-21-2006, 03:08 PM
excuse #1:

you know what? i think they engraved that on his ring AND on the lombardi trophy :chuckle:

what else you got?

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-21-2006, 03:26 PM

I believe it went something like this "I hate Pittsburgh.. I don't like them.. I don't like their colors.. I don't like their fans.":hug:

LambertIsGod58
09-21-2006, 05:49 PM

First of all, when you get "ONE" ring, maybe you can talk...Secondly, if you ever make it back to the SuperBowl, hope you don't play San Fran again. Lastly, if things don't work out for Palmer.....

He can always make Rice Krispie commercials....he can use his knee to make the "snap, crackle and pop".

SteelerFanInCA
09-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Looks like they let Bengalbrian out of his cage again.

lilyoder6
09-21-2006, 06:38 PM
i didn't know that ben had a broken toe.. otherwise u are taking this loss way out of proportion. shit, i mean u can't win evry game in a season.. only 1 team has done it for 60-70 yrs.. it's kinda hard to win evrygame goin up against good teams.. and jax are a good team. evrybody lose but u don't need to go out and make a dumb thread about a team losing brian.. if so why don't u start 15 threads a week about each team that lost on sunday..

Tankus_Maximus
09-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Jacksonville has a VERY good defense. They've always had a VERY good defense. I'll go so far as to call it playoff-caliber/Elite Defense. But...Fragile Fred & Byron aren't very reliable. They're the AFC's version of the Chicago Bears.

I'll chalk that game up to Ben bein rusty as shit, and his timing was off. Several of those passes were very catchable and would've kept the chains moving. Now...if we could just get Willie Parker to throw a chip-block on John Henderson every now and then it might keep Ben off his back.

Tankus_Maximus
09-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Nah..I'll man up and say Ben played like crap again. Neither QB played great. Shame to let that stellar Defensive Performance we displayed go to waste.

His O-Line gave him an eternity to either run or throw.

Colclough gave that game to you guys.

He must've bet on The Bengals.

Stillers#1
09-25-2006, 09:48 AM
When did Brian get banned? And why?

BDDFC
09-25-2006, 04:23 PM

Appearantly, a certain mod is thin skinned. Not a good thing for a mod to be.

Some of you have a clue, a bunch of you are lost.
Carson may have said he hates the steelers, but he never makes a an excuse for poor play. Ben on the other hand tends to always come with something after every loss.
Don't tell me to "back it up" the whole damn NFL world knows it. He says it all the time. If you don't know what we are talking about then you never see a post game interview and are probably not a real fan.
My toe was broke, my thumb hurt, I got a fever......

As far as the SB, keep living in the past. Most of you can't even remember more than one.

Fact:The Steelers trail the Bengals by two games today.

Stillers#1
09-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Fact:The Steelers trail the Bengals by two games today.

Fact, the NFL season is 16 games long, and you have no run defense. It will be exploited, hopefully by a team with a punt returner. The game was gift-wrapped. Enjoy it, it won't happen again.

Tankus_Maximus
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
I gotta agree with BDDFC, I'm gettin embarassed when Ben conjures up an excuse for a loss. It make The Steelers look bad. Just suck it up, take it on the chin and own up to it. Get 'em next week.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Just suck it up, take it on the chin and own up to it. Get 'em next week.

I don't remember seeing any excuses for last week's loss, He flat out said the loss was on him.. So far this week I haven't seen any excuse either...

He never blamed last week on a fever,he actually said it was only 100.4, he said it was no big deal!

Tankus_Maximus
09-26-2006, 09:24 AM
It just seemed like an excuse, if it isn't his foot, it's his hand, it's his fever, it's the wind. That's all. The guy's 22-5 in the regular season...no need for excuses.

BengalBrian
09-28-2006, 08:47 AM

I'm back apparently.. Not 100% sure why I was banned though... I think it was for using this smilie that your board provides.. :)

:flipoff:

blackvelvet
10-01-2006, 10:03 AM
He doesnt have to... But to tell reporters he has a broken toe when he doesnt, and has a 104 fever when he doesnt is his way of setting up his cop-out without saying anything

Uh, yeah, in case you didn't know, Ben didn't say anything about his temperature being 104. They sportscasters messed that up. They misread it or something as 104, instead100.4.

stillers4me
10-01-2006, 12:29 PM
There's actually an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer today where Ben's says he's not making any excuses. He's just not playing good football and he's trying to fix the problem. It's everybody else that makes the excuses.

I'm not making any excuses for him,......it's just a cold hard fact the the human body has limitations (even the the one being used by the youngest QB ever to win a SB) and it takes time for a body and mind to heal completly. I'm not worried at all about the body.........it's the mind that concerns me most. I hope Big Ben GodSend makes his way back soon.

Tankus_Maximus
10-01-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm willing to cut Ben some slack...I mean damn, the guy has been close to perfect in his pro career, and these are just the "valleys" that come with the "hills" in his career. Every QB's gonna hit a rough spot. Just don't need the weak excuses afterwards.

BengalBrian
10-09-2006, 04:44 AM
Did anyone see the pregame show??? Ben prepping yet another excuse...:thumbsup:

SUPER SQUEELERS!!! CAUSE THATS HOW WE FOLD!
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

stillers4me
10-09-2006, 05:50 AM
yeah.....Ben just got lucky for 27 games

BengalBrian
10-09-2006, 06:01 AM
yeah.....Ben just got lucky for 27 games

If by lucky you mean was on a very good team that was only in need of a management QB, then yes.. I agree

Tankus_Maximus
10-09-2006, 09:49 AM
He's gonna be fine....13-3.

I hope.

BengalBrian
10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
He's gonna be fine....13-3.

I hope.

I wouldnt count yourselves out yet.. With the defense alone, you could start winning games even without Ben doing well at all.. I still dont have have our next meeting marked as a W for sure...

wildjames
10-09-2006, 11:55 PM
If by lucky you mean was on a very good team that was only in need of a management QB, then yes.. I agree

Good one. Management quarterback. That's a great term for Ben.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-10-2006, 12:22 AM
BengalBrian 4 President in 2008!!!!!!

steeler dude
10-10-2006, 01:25 AM
the only reason why a BUNGHOLES FAN would post here is beacause this is the closet way to being a steelers fan they can get / ravens lost lmao you guys better keep winning and if the steelers get in the door watch out

Mosca
10-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Shrug. The HOF is full of great quarterbacks who didn't win. I'll take an excellent game manager who gives me 3 extra games at the end of the year any time.

He is what he is, no more, no less. But he took his team all the way to the end, which is more than can be said for half the HOF.

Tom

BengalBrian
10-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Shrug. The HOF is full of great quarterbacks who didn't win. I'll take an excellent game manager who gives me 3 extra games at the end of the year any time.

He is what he is, no more, no less. But he took his team all the way to the end, which is more than can be said for half the HOF.

Tom

This is true.. That he did do... It is practically night and day from this and last year

Tankus_Maximus
10-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Trent Dilfer on that Ravens team was a "management QB". Ben is a FAAAR better QB than that chode. Don't overlook the stats Ben put up on that playoff run..it was 4th best behind some pretty good company.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-11-2006, 03:38 PM
hahaha now the excuse is Ben has tennis elbow! could this get anymore pathetic?

This was Cowher's explanation from today's Post-Gazette:

"He gets something sometimes like tennis elbow, so he's trying to loosen it up like a kicker is loosening up his leg. He's fine. Sometimes there's so much sensationalism that takes place with this that it gets annoying at times."

stillers4me
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
hahaha now the excuse is Ben has tennis elbow! could this get anymore pathetic?

At least they're not blaming the refs. Nothing more pathetic than that.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
At least they're not blaming the refs. Nothing more pathetic than that.

The refs would have to screw you before you can blame them... but with the east coast bias and all the other b.s. hand outs the stealers get you wont have to worry about that.

Tennis Elbow... ahhahaha i am still laughing.:cheer:

stillers4me
10-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Really??? Hmmmmm...........I guess they are changing their mind AGAIN about Troy's interception at the Colts game.

I guess that monitor that broke down in the San Diego game is all part of big conspiracy.........damn.....I hate when that happens.

SteelCityMan786
10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Really??? Hmmmmm...........I guess they are changing their mind AGAIN about Troy's interception at the Colts game.

I guess that monitor that broke down in the San Diego game is all part of big conspiracy.........damn.....I hate when that happens.

Hmmm there is no east biased. The Refs are biased in games at times. It's part of sports.

stillers4me
10-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Hmmm there is no east biased. The Refs are biased in games at times. It's part of sports.

Thar was my point.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Its all good, alexander is first in line for a key to the city of miami...

SteelCityMan786
10-11-2006, 05:59 PM

Like he was to Detroit.:toofunny:

CantStop85
10-11-2006, 06:05 PM
"He gets something sometimes like tennis elbow, so he's trying to loosen it up like a kicker is loosening up his leg. He's fine. Sometimes there's so much sensationalism that takes place with this that it gets annoying at times."
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Holy goodness... they just keep coming. FSN (Fox Sports) was talking about how Cowher is blaming the media for Ben's performance. ARE YOU KIDDING?

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Holy goodness... they just keep coming. FSN (Fox Sports) was talking about how Cowher is blaming the media for Ben's performance. ARE YOU KIDDING?

For those of us who read the story and actually comprehended what Cowher said...It is obvious Cowher never said the media was at fault for Bens performance. You might want to go back and read the story yourself...or have someone read it to you and explain the big words.:dang:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2006, 02:36 PM

After watching the Seahawks play the Bears...Your whole team deserves the key to the city of Chicago.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-12-2006, 04:22 PM
For those of us who read the story and actually comprehended what Cowher said...It is obvious Cowher never said the media was at fault for Bens performance. You might want to go back and read the story yourself...or have someone read it to you and explain the big words.:dang:

It is freaking pathetic... they even talk about the excuses on NFL Live. You call me a whinner but your team is worse.

Tankus_Maximus
10-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Oh yeah...hearing Holmgren bitch & moan about the officials wasn't whining or anything.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh yeah...hearing Holmgren bitch & moan about the officials wasn't whining or anything.

All of you will go to your graves knowing that the officials did not call that game fairly. Besides, you guys keep bringing up last year... hows your team this year?

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-13-2006, 07:55 AM
It is freaking pathetic... they even talk about the excuses on NFL Live. You call me a whinner but your team is worse.

Pathetic: pa?thet?ic Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French or Late Latin; Middle French pathetique, from Late Latin patheticus, from Greek pathEtikos

1 : Pitiful Seahawk Fans who hang out on other teams forums<BigBensBikeHelmet inability to talk real football on his own forum is pathetic
2 :Inferior or Inadequate <Not getting over sucking at the Superbowl makes Seahawks fans appear pathetic
3 : Absurd, Laughable <Too hear Seahawk fans still whine is pathetic...to not be able to spell whiner is pathetic
synonym: BigBensBikeHelmet
- pa?thet?i?cal /-ti-k&l/ adjective
- pa?thet?i?cal?ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

...and for the record, I will go to my grave knowing I saw the Steelers win 5 superbowls......Jealous much?

HometownGal
10-13-2006, 08:01 AM

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-13-2006, 08:08 AM
All of you will go to your graves knowing that the officials did not call that game fairly. Besides, you guys keep bringing up last year... hows your team this year?

Look up who won superbowl XL......
IT SAYS THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS........cant believe you are still crying like a little bitch abot this

BengalBrian
10-14-2006, 12:47 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=161054#post161054

HE NEEDS A HERO!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-14-2006, 01:25 PM

:iagree:

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-14-2006, 01:30 PM

He did that ONCE.... ONCE. And that was between him and the seattle fans at the rally. He didnt say anything to the media or make up a different excuse week after week after week like Cohwer does for lil' Benny boy.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-14-2006, 01:39 PM
He did that ONCE.... ONCE. And that was between him and the seattle fans at the rally. He didnt say anything to the media or make up a different excuse week after week after week like Cohwer does for lil' Benny boy.

Soooo we get to hear all you little girls whine now ..right?...go away troll!!!