PDA

View Full Version : A Steeler feel good story from Cincinnati

stillers4me
09-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Let me tell you about my feel good Steeler story in Cincinnati!!

I was walking into a mall here in Whinetown and this young African-American man (cool looking dude in sunglasses) was walking toward me in a Steeler t-shirt. Now remember, when a Steeler fan gets a comment about their shirt here, the first reaction is to think it's a put down. I walked toward him and gave him a thumbs up and said "hey, nice shirt!!" It took him a half a second and then he said "World Champions baby!" and we high-fived each other as we passed each other.

Gives me the warm fuzzies thinking about this cool, young black dude having a bonding moment with a middle-aged white woman!!

:cheers:

HometownGal
09-21-2006, 08:38 PM
What a nice story, stillers4me! :smile: See - there are really smart people in Cincinnati. :tt02:

SteelersWoman
09-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Great story! Thanks for sharin' it with us :smile:

:wave:

klick81
09-22-2006, 11:54 AM
LOL...that's cool.

Steelers
09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
They call it Steelers Nation for a reason. :tt02:

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Very touching.

cbalke
09-22-2006, 02:29 PM
that happens to me here in front royal, va and winchester, va(where i work) quite often as well. you'd be surprised how many fans are down here.:thumbsup:

Stillers#1
09-22-2006, 03:01 PM
I was wearing my Peezy jersey in the mall here in Spokane, and I swear, no kidding 5-6 people (separate incidents) were chanting "here we go Steelers" as I walked through the mall in Seahawks country.

memphissteelergirl
09-22-2006, 03:35 PM
There are quite a few Steeler fans here in Memphis. When I have on my Steelers gear and I see somebody else with theirs, we just exchange smiles and maybe a high five and say "Go Steelers"

Gotta love the Steeler Nation!! :tt02:

Dynasty
09-22-2006, 09:02 PM
My grandma is from cleveland, and i was walking around there one time... must have gotten 8 good comments from them... not one thing bad...

Polamalu43
09-23-2006, 03:48 AM
lol great story bro, i have 1 my-self. today i was wearing my steelers shirt just like the 1's they wear on the sidelines. i was at the mall with some friends inside a champs store lookin for a new steelers hat, so this guy walks up 2 me, with a ravens jersey(#52) and said good luck on sunday against the bungles i hate them the most out of the AFC north and he also said even though u guys are in our division i have the most respect for u guys and the steeler tradition, i just thought that was real classy from a ravens fan.

Person A and not B
09-24-2006, 02:02 AM
I like Browns fans around southern ohio.. yeah, around here they're are always bonding with me on their hatred for the bungles.

Oh, and I met an older steelers fan in a sports store and talked to her for 20 minutes or so before I went to check out, realizing I left my wallet in my car. I started putting down all the stuff I had to go get my wallet, and she says "what, not buying it?" after explaining the situation, she took everything I had and went up and bought it for me. It was easily 125-150 worth of clothes. That's why I love being a steelers fan. No matter where you go, you'll always have a friend in another steelers fan. We don't just chant for one-another, we take care of each-other.

Lambertfan
09-24-2006, 08:20 AM
We rule the universe!!!!!!!!

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 08:36 AM
I like Browns fans around southern ohio.. yeah, around here they're are always bonding with me on their hatred for the bungles.

Oh, and I met an older steelers fan in a sports store and talked to her for 20 minutes or so before I went to check out, realizing I left my wallet in my car. I started putting down all the stuff I had to go get my wallet, and she says "what, not buying it?" after explaining the situation, she took everything I had and went up and bought it for me. It was easily 125-150 worth of clothes. That's why I love being a steelers fan. No matter where you go, you'll always have a friend in another steelers fan. We don't just chant for one-another, we take care of each-other.

Wow!!! I love my Steeler Nation brothers and sisters but not that much!! :hug: