PDA

View Full Version : Davenport for the bengals game ??

brind666
09-22-2006, 05:29 AM
how much will Davenport play this weekend ?? I hope ALOT!!!!! seems we need a big back to change the pace of willie.... :-)

Golden Wave
09-22-2006, 05:50 AM
we need anybody to run. heck a running team, and we only got 28 freaking yards last monday.

HometownGal
09-22-2006, 07:09 AM
how much will Davenport play this weekend ?? I hope ALOT!!!!! seems we need a big back to change the pace of willie.... :-)

Well, Cowher said on an interview this week when asked about Davenport that he doesn't anticipate many roster changes, so who knows what that really means? Willie ran for over 200 yards combined in the 2 regular season contests against the Bengals last season, so I definitely don't count him out of having another solid performance in this week's matchup. Maybe this is the week Cowher finally utilizes Davenport to get those tough yards and take a trip over the goal line.

clevestinks
09-22-2006, 11:08 AM

I agree, i hope to see him some of him anyway

Infamix
09-22-2006, 11:13 AM
He will probably come in at goal-line, I don't see him coming in at third down

Midnightwriter07
09-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Considering we didnt have the ball much last game, there really wasnt a spot to bring Davenport in at ... and our line play was so bad that Davenport ( if he did get the ball) would have been belted as he took the ball. OUR LINE has alot to prove this weel, not so much Parker... he had nowhere to go... so out LINE is the key to get back to how we normally play and not get manhandled up front ... this happens then I think Willie and Davenport as well as Ben will be successful.

klick81
09-22-2006, 12:52 PM
I too, hope to see Davenport get some yards on Sunday. Willie needs some support.

sumo
09-22-2006, 01:22 PM
I too, hope to see Davenport get some yards on Sunday. Willie needs some support.

easy!! -- let's not start another thread that even implies that we don't love Willie, because there are a lot of Willie fans that will get upset... and the debate will go on for another week with 7000 posts ... it's a good thing that Willie is getting all the carries ... it's a very good thing...we don't need another back ...it's a very very good thing

stlrtruck
09-22-2006, 01:43 PM
I agree, we don't need another RB but having someone who can come in and change the pace as well as give Willie a breather every so often is nice.
However, on that note, I felt that we already had that on our roster.
But we must also face the fact that if the O-line plays like they did last week, it won't matter who is running the ball!

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Well we couldn't do much worse than Mon. nite!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-22-2006, 02:47 PM
God some of you people crack me up. We have one bad game and the whole world comes to a end. The Jags have a very good defense. Plus maybe instead of blaming Willie Parker. Look at the terrible job the offensive line did on Monday night. They were terrible. Jerome Bettis in his prime would have struggled to get yards against the Jags.

wadester47
09-22-2006, 02:54 PM
hope he is an asset to our short yardage, but I am still a FAST WILLIE MAN!!!!!

19ward86
09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
haynes-horrible
duce-horrible and old
najeh-performed well at GB but not as a power back

klick81
09-22-2006, 05:09 PM
God some of you people crack me up. We have one bad game and the whole world comes to a end. The Jags have a very good defense. Plus maybe instead of blaming Willie Parker. Look at the terrible job the offensive line did on Monday night. They were terrible. Jerome Bettis in his prime would have struggled to get yards against the Jags.

No need to trip...nobody in this thread is talking trash about Willie. Is it a lie to say that we need Davenport to step in for the tough yards? That's all this thread is about.

SteelerFanInCA
09-22-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Davenport play and seeing what he brings to the table.

Polamalu43
09-23-2006, 04:31 AM
i was just gonna ask u guys was up with davenport, great news for willie if he plays this sunday we need him, bad. for some reason it seems that verron has lost a step or so. but i really think davenport will be a great change a pace back for us.