PDA

View Full Version : anyone concerned

Ben6623
09-23-2006, 11:48 AM
about this team tommorrow. We lost to Jax and played horrible im afraid we'll lose tommorrow and then that could carry onto the season. I dont know i hope im wrong

bigbensgirl7
09-23-2006, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't worry to much. The loss might have actually been a good thing for these guys because it's been a while. The Steelers should be fine tomorrow. One game at a time. And just for the record, even if sometihing crazy were to happen and we lose, that is not the end of our season...look at last year!

Mosca
09-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah, we might get our asses kicked, there's a distinct possibility. Then the best we could finish would be 14-2 instead of 15-1.

We aren't going to blow them out; if the final is 28-7 we ain't gonna have the 28. But if it's 23-21, or 17-14, that's a game we'll win. All bullcrap aside, this Bengals team is good, and they got better from last year to this. Our guys have their work cut out for them.

Tom

Midnightwriter07
09-23-2006, 12:04 PM
only 3rd game of year .. no reason to worry.. Ben still needs to get fully healthy and get in tune with offense..

no need to worry till the 4th loss of season ... will take another 11 -5 year to make playoffs.

19ward86
09-23-2006, 12:30 PM
i think ben is 1 problem but the recievers need to get in tune with ben. cedric cant get open,holmes is doing horrible,reid is on the bench, and ward is probable.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Take into consideration that with Bens accident...Wards injury...Bens surgury....Ben and Hines have not had much time to practice together this season

Rust was knocked off last game...Davenport has to be ready to prove himself...and EVERYONE will be psyched for this game!!!

Prosdo
09-23-2006, 12:38 PM
It's early in the season. I'm not worried one bit. I think the Jax game was Ben knocking the rust off. I think he will play well tomorrow.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-23-2006, 12:49 PM
The only thing I'm concerned about tommorrow is the offense starting off slow again. If the offense can't get going early then that might prove troublesome. I mean lets face it we won't hold the Bengals to 9 points like we did the Jags. But if our offense can just move the ball and control the clock. Then I like our chances. But we score also. Not field goals but TD's.

4n2t0
09-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah, we might get our asses kicked, there's a distinct possibility. Then the best we could finish would be 14-2 instead of 15-1.

We aren't going to blow them out; if the final is 28-7 we ain't gonna have the 28. But if it's 23-21, or 17-14, that's a game we'll win. All bullcrap aside, this Bengals team is good, and they got better from last year to this. Our guys have their work cut out for them.

Tom

The only thing I'm concerned about tommorrow is the offense starting off slow again. If the offense can't get going early then that might prove troublesome. I mean lets face it we won't hold the Bengals to 9 points like we did the Jags. But if our offense can just move the ball and control the clock. Then I like our chances. But we score also. Not field goals but TD's.

Great opinions here!

The Steelers have a good team but the offence needs to pick up the pace. Personally, I didn't like the receivers coming into this season and they haven't done anything to improve my opinion of them. Ward aside, and Miller excluded, I don't like any of them.

Davenport should sure up the run game adding some punch to Willie's speed. Our line, for the most part, plays well but we need those two to three BIG plays a game to make this offence work.

Tough game Sunday, I wouldn't be suprised if we lost this one. This is a good team and I give them the respect they deserve.

Rush58
09-23-2006, 03:08 PM
I am not worried, but I am concerned about the development of the passing game and how it is used.

Polamalu43
09-23-2006, 03:24 PM
all im concerned about is our running game, but i have faith that tommarow parker will get back on track since the bungles DL is not even close 2 what jaxs DL is, expect a big game from parker and big ben..

Livinginthe past
09-23-2006, 05:29 PM
The Bengals are going to be alot stronger offensively than the Jags were so that will make it tougher for the D to handle them.

However, it is far more likely that Willie parker will be able to move the ball on the ground tomorrow which should help the Steelers in their attempt to dominate the T.O.P battle.

The Pittsburgh running game is very, very key to what the Steelers need to do tomorrow - if they can run often and for decent yardage it will allow their high intensity D to tee off on Carson and Rudi by keeping them fresh.

If they can't then they will probably be toast in any type of shootout scenario or one where Rudi puts over 130 yards on them.

On a side note, I think the Steelers need to come out passing - the Bengals D will be stacked at the LOS attempting to recreate the Jags domination of the Steeler running game.

NM

tony hipchest
09-23-2006, 05:41 PM
im looking at this as a must win game. only until a miracle of a bengals win will i start to look at the ramifications of the remainder of the season.

im sure the coaches and the players have the same approach.

SteelersWoman
09-23-2006, 05:42 PM
All during the season we might lose a few battles, (and this one might be one of 'em) but that doesn't mean we won't win the war--last year sure proves that!

I think tomorrow's game is kind of critical for our guys' confidence level though. If we can beat the Bengals (who are supposed to be doin' SOOO much better than us right now) it'll go a long way towards settin' the pace for the rest of the season. Then hopefully, there won't be any more nail bitin' wild card chances ;) I'm not sure my heart can take that again this year lol

19ward86
09-23-2006, 06:25 PM
i am always concerned about the team. this is a huge game tomorrow, if our players are consistent and if we can put up at least 17 then i think we can win. we just cant let their offense take control of the game.this might only be the 3rd game of the season but if we lose i dont think we will make it to the playoffs. i say that cause the bengals and ravens are about equal in talent and if we lose tomorrow that could put up at least 4 losses this season, and i dont know if we will make it to the playoffs if we go 11-5 again.

Steel12
09-23-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm' concerned about this game and our season. If we can't beat a banged up Cincy team, we are definately in trouble. But if we do beat a banged up Cincy team, what does that really say about our team...

GoStillersGo
09-23-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm not worried about a loss. These guys can't (and won't) play not to lose. They need to take calculated risks. As long as they are improving and moving forward. That was why Ben was playing last week. He had very little playing time in the preseason (as you know). These are essentially games where they are working out timing.

augustashark
09-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Hey guys, I know that you can't lean on what happen two years ago, but if you remember we won on opening weekend and then got are asses handed to us by Baltimore! The next day it was all doom and gloom, Tommy was out for at least 3 or 4 games and we had a rookie that was going to step in and play the most important position on the field. Hell, even other players on the team were stressed (Faneca called Ben a little kid). That season turned on a dime from that point on. With that being said, yes this game can go along way in telling us what kind of season we will have. Two years ago we finished 15-1 and to the AFC Championship! Lets keep focused and keep the eye on the prize!

83-Steelers-43
09-24-2006, 12:35 AM
To be honest, I don't remember the last time that I wasn't concerned before a Steeler game.

Elvis
09-24-2006, 07:43 AM
The Steelers must control the clock and have alot of success in the running game. Yes, its time that all these signed players have an impact, like Davenport and can someone show Tyrone Carter the door out of Pittsburgh, he is such a joke...