PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks being accused of possible cheating

bigbensgirl7
09-23-2006, 02:20 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003266666_hawk20.html

Similar to what the Colts were accused of last year (which I still believe they did it, because I was at both games and the playoff game even in the beginning was no where as loud as the Monday nighter) I just thought it was interesting.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-23-2006, 02:34 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003266666_hawk20.html

Similar to what the Colts were accused of last year (which I still believe they did it, because I was at both games and the playoff game even in the beginning was no where as loud as the Monday nighter) I just thought it was interesting.

I was at the Colts/Steelers Monday night game as well....and though I am generally not a conspiracy theorist...I believe with all ny heart that the stadium that night was "piped up"

bigbensgirl7
09-23-2006, 02:37 PM
I was at the Colts/Steelers Monday night game as well....and though I am generally not a conspiracy theorist...I believe with all ny heart that the stadium that night was "piped up"

I had never heard anything as loud as I did that night and I really didn't believe it until I went to the playoff game later in the year. Less Steelers fans and even in the very beginning it wasn't nearly as loud...not even close.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-23-2006, 02:40 PM
I was at the Monday night game also and I think the noise was piped up as well. I never heard anything as loud as that game last year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-23-2006, 02:48 PM
I was at the Monday night game also and I think the noise was piped up as well. I never heard anything as loud as that game last year.

I had forgotten you were there...You and I were both by the deflating colts player baloon before the game!!!:sofunny: :sofunny: ...they kept turning the air compressor back on...and some sneaky ol' steeler fan kept turning it off!!!!...(...I bet it was BBG7)!!!!

bigbensgirl7
09-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I had forgotten you were there...You and I were both by the deflating colts player baloon before the game!!!:sofunny: :sofunny: ...they kept turning the air compressor back on...and some sneaky ol' steeler fan kept turning it off!!!!...(...I bet it was BBG7)!!!!

shhhhh...don't tell :bouncy:

Hawk Believer
09-23-2006, 06:57 PM
People out here are fired up for the Giants game even more because of these allegations. I don't buy the allegations. We have always had really loud crowds, be it in the Kingdome, Husky Stadium, or Qwest Field. Its pretty much the only discernable tradition that Seahawk fans are known for (lets not bring up the whole towel thing :dang:)

The NFL's crowd noise rules were enacted back in the 80s because of Seahawk fan noise in the Kingdome. But that brings up an interesting point that nobody seems to be discussing with the whole "piping" controversy. The Kingdome design by dumb luck enhanced crowd noise and made it particularly louder than other stadiums. People figured that out and it just made the fans want to be louder. Now when we blew up the Kingdome, they wanted to retain the loudness factor in the new stadium, even though it is an outdoor one. So Qwest Field was supposedly designed in a manner to help capture crowd noise with the upper decks. So that, coupled with the fact that the people in the stadium work hard to be considered the loudest fans in the league makes for an incredibly loud experience at the games.

I feel sorry for the Giants that this came up the week of their game (there are some people who are theorizing that Jerry Jones submitted the complaint this week to make things harder on their divisional rival). Especially after the game last year that the should have won except for their normally dependable missing 3 FGs and the O-line false starting 11 times. Should be a good game. I hope the Giants false start 20 times this year.:smile:

tony hipchest
09-23-2006, 07:01 PM
the stadium was designed to funnel noise back to the field.

boLT fan
09-23-2006, 07:14 PM
the stadium was designed to funnel noise back to the field.

Is that against the rules?

Hawk Believer
09-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Is that against the rules?

None that has ever been mentioned out here. Plus, from what little I know about aucoustical arhitecture, it can be an inexact science. I remember seeing a show about opera halls and how some places have spent millions on aucoustical consulting with their design and then it still ends up with crappy sound (Granted, sound quality and loudness are probably two distinctive variables). Then there are some places that don't give it too much thought and get lucky. Good design definately has an impact but from what I have seen, nobody really knows how a place is going to sound until it gets filled up with people.

Mosca
09-23-2006, 08:17 PM
None that has ever been mentioned out here. Plus, from what little I know about aucoustical arhitecture, it can be an inexact science. I remember seeing a show about opera halls and how some places have spent millions on aucoustical consulting with their design and then it still ends up with crappy sound (Granted, sound quality and loudness are probably two distinctive variables). Then there are some places that don't give it too much thought and get lucky. Good design definately has an impact but from what I have seen, nobody really knows how a place is going to sound until it gets filled up with people.

Yep, that's true. The problem is having it be loud WHERE you want it to be loud; for instance, a crowd can sound loud to itself, but due to standing waves it could be relatively mild on the field; or, it might be loud in the middle of the field but tame toward the end zones. For concert halls, the trick is to have the most mellifluous sound, over a full range, to the most seats; you want it to sound good in row G center, and in row HH balcony left.

A long time ago, in the '70s, I saw a Joe ****er & Leon Russell concert in an oval shaped open venue that was usually a dirt racing track. My girlfriend and I walked around the area and found a node about 2/3 of the way back from the stage and in the center where the sound was absolutely perfect; we planted ourselves there for the rest of the show and blissed out, as people did in the '70s. Those spots are always out there.

Tom

hardwork
09-24-2006, 01:41 AM
A long time ago, in the '70s, I saw a Joe ****er & Leon Russell

Tom

I don't think you have to take the censorship that far, do you? If you did it, though, for the humor in pointing it out, I'm with you.

Hawk Believer
09-24-2006, 02:29 AM
I don't think you have to take the censorship that far, do you? If you did it, though, for the humor in pointing it out, I'm with you.

I think the site does that automatically. I noticed that during the SB when anyone typed the name Dick LeBeau.

Edit: But maybe I am wrong, as it appears Mr. Lebeau's first name has made an appearance without asterisks....
Here, I'll test it: Joe ****er covered the Beattles song about getting by with a little help from his friends....

2nd Edit: Apparently you can say the name Dick but not the name ****er.....

hardwork
09-24-2006, 05:15 AM
I think the site does that automatically. I noticed that during the SB when anyone typed the name Dick LeBeau.

Edit: But maybe I am wrong, as it appears Mr. Lebeau's first name has made an appearance without asterisks....
Here, I'll test it: Joe ****er covered the Beattles song about getting by with a little help from his friends....

2nd Edit: Apparently you can say the name Dick but not the name ****er.....

I'll be damned.

Livinginthe past
09-24-2006, 05:49 AM
I think ****** Parker will have a big game today......hmmmm :wink02:

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-24-2006, 09:20 AM
shhhhh...don't tell :bouncy:

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-24-2006, 09:23 AM
I think ****** Parker will have a big game today......hmmmm :wink02: