PDA

View Full Version : key gameplan

19ward86
09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
if you had to choose one thing for the steelers to emphasize on tomorrow what would it be?(run D,pass D, establish run,pass are examples of what i mean, just dont say D say which one.)

i think the bengals want us to expect the run to get a quick lead on us so i think the pass D will be most important tomorrow.

43Hitman
09-23-2006, 08:01 PM
The key to tomorrow's game will be special teams. We have sucked it up the last two games in this area.

19ward86
09-23-2006, 08:28 PM
i think to solve special teams we need to remove ricardo and add willie reid. sean morey did a good job last week but i do agree that our ST needs some repair just wait until a guy like dante hall comes around.

GoStillersGo
09-23-2006, 08:42 PM
We need to control the field. Posession football. We cannot get in a run-and-gun contest with Cincy. Give Palmer different looks and cover the pass play well.

augustashark
09-24-2006, 12:18 AM
With D. Jackson out for the game, we need to attack Cincy's DB'S. I think it is more important to get Ben on a roll and get the passing game working early. If we can establish this part of the game then the running game will come along.

Midnightwriter07
09-24-2006, 01:21 AM
umm our secondary as always... big problem !! they better tackle tomorrow and not allow the receivers to continously get 5 yards after catch and they better be in the mood to hit.

SteelersWoman
09-24-2006, 03:36 AM
I'd like to see everything fixed in tomorrow's game that went wrong against the Jags.

I think we need better play calling on both sides of the ball.

We need to not let Parker get pounded to a pulp--put someone else in there to help with some of the shorter runs--I think it's time we see what Najeh can do on a few plays.

Better stuff from ST. Consistently starting from the 20 yr line (and even farther back) isn't acceptable against the better teams.

DEFintely better offense--all the way around. Ben has GOT to be in top form. And he's got to have his WRs on the same page--and our O line needs to make sure Ben doesn't get sacked.

I think our defensive team needs the least amount of work but even they could stand some improvement, and if Troy's up to speed, that'll go a long way toward helping with that--no one reads 'em better! :thumbsup:

SteelersWoman
09-24-2006, 03:38 AM
Well darn--you said ONE thing (so MANY things needs fixin' I got carried away) LOL

Hmmm. I'd have to say our total offense needs a total makover ;)

43Hitman
09-24-2006, 04:10 PM
The key to tomorrow's game will be special teams. We have sucked it up the last two games in this area.

I was really hoping that I would be wrong with this assement. But as usual Coke came up with the huge bone-headed play of the game. Why he tries to catch the punts with his hands is beyond me. You would think with Cohwer being a special teams guy that he could remedy this poor execution on punt catching and overall peformance. Also Haynes didn't help matters coughing it up in a very critical point in the game.......I am going to go get trashed now!?!?!!