PDA

View Full Version : Which Player Plays the Biggest Role Today?

Elvis
09-24-2006, 08:10 AM
For the Steelers and the Begals... Who is your Most important player for each teams success against the other?
Mine..
is a tie... Parker on Offense and Polomalu on Defense, is he really healthy enough to make an impact against the Bengals wr's?
for the Bengals.... Rudy and the Bengals run defense... if they succeed... its gonna be along day for us Steelers...

Livinginthe past
09-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Ben R. is the key for me on Steelers offense - he needs to throw early and well and put the Bengals D back on their heels - the guy is a talisman if he plays well his team team will take a massive lift from it.

It is debatable whether Parker has the O-line or ability to break this one open if the passing game doesnt open up, and he is facing 8 in the box.

Polamalu is the heartbeat of the defense - I will be watching very closely to see how he holds his 'feels great' shoulder - a couple of big plays from this guy and it changes the momentum of a whole game.

Carson will be the key for the Bengals offense - Rudi is a very fine runner but the Steelers have one of the best run D units in the NFL.

Carson may look to exploit Polamalu's big strength - his playmaking, slightly undisciplined style of play that leaves him open at times to have the big play made against him.

Bengals run D must force Ben to throw and keep throwing well into the game by locking down Willie Parker - this wont be as easy as the Jags made it look with the level of talent on the current Bengals D.

NM

19ward86
09-24-2006, 09:47 AM
steelers-PASS defense, and running game
bengals-run defense, and passing game(i think they will pass thinking we will hope for the run)

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Offense= Ben early on in the game and Willie later on
Defense=Troy and Ike

Elvis
09-24-2006, 09:58 AM
News just in for me....
60% chance of rain and 15-25mph winds=Running game for the Steelers must be working for us to win today... the passing games should definitely effected by the bad weather..who ever runs the ball the best wins this game...we have the best run defense in the league(exept maybe Jaguars) gonna be nasty today in PA...

BlackNGold203
09-24-2006, 10:23 AM
We will need to pass to open up the run game...so the answer is Ben.....

On the other side...Carson Palmer...if we give him time and space...he will kill us...

steveironcity
09-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Call me crazy, but I think Davenport might have a say in the outcome.

steelcurtain09
09-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I think the weathers to lousy they should NO play today and move todays game to tomorrow in hope of better weather

Offense-Big Ben needs to have a big game
Defense-Ike Taylor must catch the ball if its in his hands

Livinginthe past
09-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Call me crazy, but I think Davenport might have a say in the outcome.

Yep.

You are crazy. :wink02:

NM

steveironcity
09-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Yep.

You are crazy. :wink02:

NM

I never make wacky predictions, so I guess I can try this one time

CantStop85
09-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger...if he plays like he did against Jax it will be a long day for the Steelers, but if he plays like he is capable of, it could be a long day for the Bengals defense.

Bengals: The D-Line (Sam Adams if I had to call out one player)...there's no doubt that this was the biggest weakness of the Bengals last year, now with the addition of Sam Adams and the move of Bryan Robinson to DE, this line is huge and must get penetration against the Steelers O-Line.

One player who must step up this game: Kevin Kaesviharn...he must stay in position and not allow any big pass plays by Big Ben.

24seven
09-24-2006, 11:03 AM
It's Big Ben on offense .. and Carson Palmer on Defense.. They both have potential to play like shit and if they don't show up.. it's a long day on both sides.. Nerves will not be higher on both sides of the field today. For Carson it's return of the jedi as he faces his master after losing a limb.. For Ben.. it's time to show if his rust fell of in Florida.. No more excuses.. no more lame questions .. just prove your the real deal.. If both fail then it's a long game once again moving the ball from the 40 to the 50 and puntin back and forth.. We HAVE to score quick to get this game goin.. jump em early get the crowd goin and the clouds hangin over will bring blue skies.. WAKE EM UP BEN!!!>> TIME TO STEP INTO MANHOOD!!!!!!!!!!

CantStop85
09-24-2006, 11:19 AM
and Carson Palmer on Defense
Wow, I didn't know our defense was THAT depleted. :smile:

In Cowher We Trust
09-24-2006, 02:26 PM
big ben for the steelers