PDA

View Full Version : " we dug our own hole"

Polamalu43
09-24-2006, 03:53 PM
im so ticked off right now, we deserve 2 loose this game. since the 1st qtr we made 2 many errors, players fumbling, dropped passes. we had the bungles beat. how are we gonna let them score TD's on 2 plays :banging: and why the hell is fumbling verron in the game in the 4th instead of parker?? basically we gave this game away to them..

jim brown
09-24-2006, 04:09 PM
i totally agree we gave it away and i wasn't inpress with the quterbacks throwing at all we deserve to lose the fumble at the eight yard line was uncalled for. inside the 10 u let it go and with the wind good thing we got 13 games to go

MyCuz64Furness
09-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I've been watching the Steelers my whole life and I have to say this ranks right up there with one of the worse games.......

Mistakes=LOSS........PERIOD

LarryNJ
09-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Yes we have dug our own hole. But it's only week 3. Ben needs to find himself again which I think he will. Parker, and the O line are fine. Hopefully the 2 young WR will get better soon. The D has been very good and they will be fine. My biggest concern is special teams. They have been awful. Football is the ultimate team sport and you need all 3 phases of the game to be strong. Good special teams = good field position and it makes it much easy on the O & D.

Keep the faith!

SteelersWoman
09-24-2006, 04:48 PM
If nothin else, it was certainly a nail biter with lots of highs and lows--you didn't know what was comin next. All the possible points left on the field is certainly a downer though.

On a high note, I thought Parker did well reachin for those last possible inches...

OX1947
09-24-2006, 04:51 PM
This goes back to my argument about the value of A. Randel El. Now, I do not blame our org for letting him go, this is a salary cap league, and you have to be smart giving money out. But the value that Randle El had is showing in games like this. Stats in no way really showed how important a Randle El was to this team. We've seen it especially in the last two games on special teams and the 500 balls our recievers have dropped.

Ben has been making mistakes but his recievers are letting him down badly, either by drops or not getting open. Ward is in huge pain, you can tell. Its so sad we wasted a great running game today, our line was destroying them at will and to have it lost on stupid mistakes, not made mistakes because there is a difference, just makes it harder to swallow.

And above all, our Defense, man, seeing them handle the bengals the way they did, this bengals team that is probably 1 or 2 best in the league, and then have it thrown back at them with those mistakes, I felt so bad, two weeks in a row.

Hopefully, with this week off, the Steelers can get rest and healthy and come to San Diego and even things out. They better, because I just spent $165 on a ticket on the highest seat in Qualcomm Stadium....

19ward86
09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
im going to shoot the next person who says "it is only week ___" it doesnt matter which week it is we still lost a game that we shouldnt of lost, verron haynes played the last part of the game to give parker a rest after his 30 carries. colclough lost the game for us.

43Hitman
09-24-2006, 05:16 PM
im going to shoot the next person who says "it is only week ___" it doesnt matter which week it is we still lost a game that we shouldnt of lost, verron haynes played the last part of the game to give parker a rest after his 30 carries. colclough lost the game for us.

Exactly, coke the dope lost that game. With the score being so close all it would take is one momentum changing play to turn the game. And what do you know ole' coke the dope freaking fumbles an easy punt return....Haynes didn't help either when we still had a chance to make up for Coke the dope's mistake.. I am really trying to give Ben a pass on his performance(no pun intended). But to be completely honest with myself I know he didn't play very sharp and really hurt us today.

Steel12
09-24-2006, 05:27 PM

Exactly...every week counts!

X-Terminator
09-24-2006, 05:28 PM
It's only week 3. Now shoot me.

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I hope Ben finally learns that he plays better football when his head isn't up is a$$.

Ben Ilove ya,son........you're the best thing that has happened to the Steelers in looooong time......Hines, Troy, Heath and Joey can't do it without a big gun at the helm. I know you're better than this. You know you're better than this. What you did good today was REAL good. But the rest........nuff said.

Fortunaltely, there's enough blame to go around. Hopefully, HInes, Troy and Ben will be completely healthy in two weeks and Bill will do something, anything about the punt reciever problem.

The good news is Ben looked a whole lot better today healthwise than he did last week.......I wish we had played a different team today so he could get his groove back.......I saw it starting to happen and then who knows.......