PDA

View Full Version : LITTLE Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolina Steelers
09-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Thats right not Big Ben He had way to many mistakes Awful day his stats are misleading he got all his yards there in the last 2 drives when the Bengals were playing prevent. And after all that he still could of been the hero at the end but another pick. Ben is not the only reason punt return fumble and Haynes fumble did not help. Parker and the Defense came to play just not LITTLE Ben. A much needed week off but then we go to San Diego. Still plenty of games left 13. Keep the Faith.

SteelersFreak
09-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I just have a feeling he's still not 100%.

Not trying to make excuses, but he just didn't look right in the pocket. Looked very tentative.

Rush58
09-24-2006, 03:21 PM
And after all that he still could of been the hero at the end but another pick.

hard to complete a fastball when they are dropping 7 in the endzone

Carolina Steelers
09-24-2006, 03:24 PM
I agree I dont think Ben, Troy, and Hines are a 100% so we need this bye week but there should be no excuses when we go into San Diego a must win. We should be healthy and gives us 2 weeks to prepare for the Chargers. We should eat up Rivers.

Livinginthe past
09-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Ben remains an excellent QB, but he has had alot of injuries.

People have a short memory regarding the amount of stuff this guy has gone through - he is not a robot.

The injuries have obviously affected him it will take time to run that out of his system - what he needs is for all the other areas of the team to compensate in the temporary loss of form he is experiencing.

The D was awesome for the most part today but the Steelers were indiscplined toward the end on ST - taunting penalties are inexusable that late in a key game.

1-2 is not the end of the world. plenty of time to turn this round.

NM

Carolina Steelers
09-24-2006, 03:34 PM
I know he's not a Robot I haven't lost faith in him yet but His past three games have not been good including the Super Bowl 3 games with out a TD!

X-Terminator
09-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Ben still looks like he's totally out of sync, and I don't think that he's totally over his injuries yet. On top of that, he played very sparingly in the preseason, so he's still working out the rust. I'm confident that he'll turn things around and perhaps this 2-week layoff will do that...but I'm hoping that the fans don't turn on him like they've done to pretty much every QB who's ever played here.

Rush58
09-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Expectations are way too high on a qb that's still developing and hasn't played a whole lot since the SB.

Elvis
09-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I agree 100%... he hasnt played a whole lot and he still has got to get his timing down with Hines and Hines isnt 100% either... give these guys a chance and see what happens. We will be just fine just give them time. I think that it is time to either get Cedric Wilson involved or let someone else have a chance at starting also. Right now we have NO Deep Threat and that is killin' us.. Holmes must come on strong and give us that threat.

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Steelr football is always a roller coaster ride........and when they gel it's a beautiful sight to behold!

It's a long season........fortunately our schedule isn't as tough as it could be. 2 weeks to heal and fix some BIG problems.......but it can be done.

Tthe good things that happened today were REAL good........how many times was Palmer on his back, anyway?

19ward86
09-24-2006, 04:17 PM
he isnt 100%, i garuntee that we win if he doesnt get anymore injuries by x-mas eve.

Justin Otstott
09-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I just have a feeling he's still not 100%.

Not trying to make excuses, but he just didn't look right in the pocket. Looked very tentative.

I think he is about 90% as far as the way he prob feels...I mean the guy scrambled a bit out of the pocket so i dunno....there is no reason for ****in 3 picks and he was like 22 for 40 sumthin I think...wow :banging:

Man_Of_Steel
09-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Ben still looks like he's totally out of sync, and I don't think that he's totally over his injuries yet. On top of that, he played very sparingly in the preseason, so he's still working out the rust. I'm confident that he'll turn things around and perhaps this 2-week layoff will do that...but I'm hoping that the fans don't turn on him like they've done to pretty much every QB who's ever played here.

I agree with you. There is definitely some problems with Ben that probably only a few people know. Hopefully the bye week will get Ben back into shape. He is not the same QB he was last year thats for sure. He doesn't scramble as much and when he does he looks slow. Last year he was the playmaker on offense. This year is totally different. I'am seriously concerned about Ben and I don't know if he'll ever be the same QB as he was before his motorcycle accident.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Ill agree that ben isnt playing at 100% but i how many dropped passes were there today? Not to mention 2 in the endzone!!!

stunta86
09-24-2006, 07:35 PM

People have a short memory regarding the amount of stuff this guy has gone through - he is not a robot.

The injuries have obviously affected him it will take time to run that out of his system - what he needs is for all the other areas of the team to compensate in the temporary loss of form he is experiencing.

The D was awesome for the most part today but the Steelers were indiscplined toward the end on ST - taunting penalties are inexusable that late in a key game.

NM

yup, it sure is obvious it's affecting him, i just hope it's not a long term effect or we are looking at tommy maddox part 2

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
In addition to his own health problems, Ben misses having a healthy Hines - but the first 2 INTs were inexcusable.

When you have Ben's record his first 2 years you are forgiven quite a bit, but today's game simply showed a lack of discipline. Coclough has no goodwill to draw down for his screw-up but I bet this game was over if the first INT was not thrown and the Steelers went up 14-0.

I bet next year's coach (probably Whiz) has a sit down with Ben in the offseason to discuss the need to focus and plays Ben a lot more in preseason so Ben can knock the rust off his game before October.

silver2000svt
09-25-2006, 12:53 AM
He should have sat these two weeks and come after the bye week... I truely believe that now... He certainly wasn't ready monday night and this was too tough a game for his first one

desertsteel
09-25-2006, 06:53 AM
I think Ben underestimated how hard it is to play QB in the NFL... This is his first real adversity as a player, where things aren't coming natural. Wish we could play next week and get this taste out of our mouths!!!

In Cowher We Trust
09-25-2006, 10:38 AM
hey,we lost 5 games last year and came back..we can do it this year too

SteelerFanInCA
09-25-2006, 11:10 AM

NM

Yeah, that taunting crap was simply ridiculous. Totally uncalled for. Hopefully Cowher will put a lid on that crap.

Lyn
09-25-2006, 11:38 AM
:thumbsup: Ben still looks like he's totally out of sync, and I don't think that he's totally over his injuries yet. On top of that, he played very sparingly in the preseason, so he's still working out the rust. I'm confident that he'll turn things around and perhaps this 2-week layoff will do that...but I'm hoping that the fans don't turn on him like they've done to pretty much every QB who's ever played here.

Yes, I agree with you. He is more of a function of the system, as have all Steeler qbs been. Marino's #s, in his first 2 years were like Ben's or lower. It is easy to blame the field general but the Steelers have lots of places to review. Plus, as we all know he did bounce off a windshield, had his appendix taken out, etc, etc, etc and the guy is just plain not over all of that.. Ben is our QB, be loud when saying his name and be proud, don't dis him cause he had a couple he had games.

Listen to X-Terminator.

:tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
09-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Ben will bounce back. This is nothing new to him or us. The season if far from over.