View Full Version : Dear Bengals Fans,

Sith Lord
09-24-2006, 03:24 PM
You're welcome.

Yours truly,
The Pittsburgh Steelers

BlackNGold203
09-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Good teams capitalize on gifts...and they are a very good team....

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Seems to me they didn't realy play that great of a game......if they didn't score everytime we handed them the ball in their own endzone they need to go back to high school football. Our D had Carson Palmer's face in the dirt more times than I can count and just how many times did we drop the the ball in the endzone anyway???

Bengals in no way "won" the game....yea, the scored more points but they dind't really do anything to earn them........Merry Christmans, Marv, the Steelers LOST that game.

Interceptor
09-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Someone has to win, someone has to lose.

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Someone has to win, someone has to lose.

yep......see ya New Year's EVE!!

CantStop85
09-24-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't know that the Steelers handed the Bengals this game...really the only unforced error that the Steelers made was that muffed punt return by RC.

Examples:
Verron Haynes fumble - a bengal defender stripped the ball
Big Ben's INT in the endzone - great coverage by the bengals in the endzone and good play by Madieu Williams to make a play on the ball
Blocked field goal - John Thornton had to reach up and tip the ball
Nate Washington's dropped TD catch - Nate bobbles it and Madieu Williams hits him to make sure he doesn't complete the catch

Sure, the Steelers made some bad decisions, but they wouldn't have meant anything had the Bengals not capitalized on them. The Bengals had their fair share of misfortunes as well.

TXSTEELER
09-24-2006, 05:16 PM
You mean those 6 sacks, and half as many first downs, and giving up close to 200 yards on the ground. And don't forget the crappy spot for the Stillers on Palmer's run. He didn't get near as close as the spot gave him.

francisj13
09-24-2006, 05:30 PM
too many mistakes too often. i said going into this game that if we went up early that we would win and they couldnt come back...then we had the INT in the endzone. as i was watching i couldnt help but thinking that no matter who "claims" the win, it would only be because the other team gave it to them. they both played a sloppy game. but after the bye week, dont expect either team to soften up. pittsburgh will be a hell of a lot better coming back...so "who dey" all you want but we'll see on dec 31

Tankus_Maximus
09-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Pisses me off that our D played great, offensive line gave Ben enough time to make a sandwich before chuckin the rock, Willie had a great game..piece o' crap Colclough muffs the friggin punt when we were gettin ready to kill the clock and put that baby to bed.

I'm still of the opinion we should have rested Ben until after the bye. That guy's gotta get his head outta his ass and stop playin like Kordell.

Aw well...X-Mas came early for the Bengals. Enjoy it bitches.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Wow sounds like Seahawks fans in this thread. Really weak guys. No credit at all to the Bengals. That really is classless. The Bengals were the better overall team today and they deserved to win the game.

Mosca
09-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't know that the Steelers handed the Bengals this game...really the only unforced error that the Steelers made was that muffed punt return by RC.

Examples:
Verron Haynes fumble - a bengal defender stripped the ball
Big Ben's INT in the endzone - great coverage by the bengals in the endzone and good play by Madieu Williams to make a play on the ball
Blocked field goal - John Thornton had to reach up and tip the ball
Nate Washington's dropped TD catch - Nate bobbles it and Madieu Williams hits him to make sure he doesn't complete the catch

Sure, the Steelers made some bad decisions, but they wouldn't have meant anything had the Bengals not capitalized on them. The Bengals had their fair share of misfortunes as well.

I agree 100% CS85. One thing you can count on the Bengals for, if you give them a chance the'll stick a dagger in your heart and they'll do it fast. Good job. Too bad the next game is over 3 months away!

:cheers:

Tom

CantStop85
09-24-2006, 09:04 PM
I agree 100% CS85. One thing you can count on the Bengals for, if you give them a chance the'll stick a dagger in your heart and they'll do it fast. Good job. Too bad the next game is over 3 months away!

Tom
You don't know how many times I've heard that leading the league in takeaways last year was a fluke. I don't think a lot of people realize that a big part of Chuck Bresnahan's defensive philosophy is to force turnovers. There's a lot of opportunistic players on the Bengals team; you can't be careless with the ball around them.

Both teams had their shots at winning this one, but the Bengals were the ones who ended up capitalizing. There were several times when one team would fumble the ball and a Steeler player would be in good position to recover it but a Cincy player would out-hustle them and take it away (i.e. Ricardo's fumble on the punt return...there were two steelers who had a great shot at that).

Some games just aren't pretty, but you have to be able to grind it out and make big plays when the opportunity arises. The Steeler defense did this, but the special teams and offense really let them down.

steelers07
09-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Pisses me off that our D played great, offensive line gave Ben enough time to make a sandwich before chuckin the rock, Willie had a great game..piece o' crap Colclough muffs the friggin punt when we were gettin ready to kill the clock and put that baby to bed.

I'm still of the opinion we should have rested Ben until after the bye. That guy's gotta get his head outta his ass and stop playin like Kordell.

Aw well...X-Mas came early for the Bengals. Enjoy it bitches.

Yea I totally have to agree with you I just got back from Pitt actually and damn!! I couldn't have been more dissapointed with Ben!! WHAT WAS HE THINKING!! Half of the time i don't know where he was throwing it to. I though turnover Tommy was dressed like Ben!! I gotta
give props to our "D" though!! They had 6 sacks 2 interceptions amazing! knocked the shit out of Chris Henry!! BEAUTIFULLY!!! Answer me this though.....how in the hell do we have the top slot on ALL of the stats and STILL LOSE?!?!?!? :dang: hopefully they come back and player some STEELER Offense in San Diego!!! STILL LOVE YA BLACK AND GOLD!!!

PS Bunghole fans who were at the game hope you enjoyed looking at our trophies because you will never see one in Cincinnati!!! :tt02:

NCbuckeye
09-25-2006, 06:52 AM
Wow sounds like Seahawks fans in this thread. Really weak guys. No credit at all to the Bengals. That really is classless. The Bengals were the better overall team today and they deserved to win the game.

Thanks, both teams really sucked, but maybe we'l all learn from this game and have a heck of a rematch new years. WHO DEY!!!

Tom

I need a time machine to watch the game now.

BDDFC
09-25-2006, 04:01 PM

+1. Classy post.

BBC
09-25-2006, 04:39 PM

Steelers fans have done something Seahawks fans (minus a few good ones) never did. Blame their team.

We gave them a lot, they took advantage of those gifts. Good teams will.