PDA

View Full Version : COWHER NEEDS TO SIT BEN AND PLAY BATCH !!!!!

buddysballs
09-24-2006, 04:50 PM
This is ridiculous. We can't keep losing games. Sit this dope and let a real quarterback at the controls.

LarryNJ
09-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Read your Signature!

Livinginthe past
09-24-2006, 04:54 PM
What do you mean 'we'?

You are an Eagles fan, and one with a pretty short memory.

Although I love Donovan McNabb, and usually despise the Steelers, I do hope Ben recovers soon and will be ok for the upcoming season. Wear a helmet next time, please !

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7878

NM

Elvis
09-24-2006, 04:54 PM
buddy... how long you been watchin' Steelers football, 3 weeks? Your the joke... Batch is Not the starter here in Pittsburgh.. If you think that Batch should start over Ben you aint using your brain for anything but a hat rack...

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Get a grip - Ben is the future of this franchise

X-Terminator
09-24-2006, 04:59 PM
What do you mean 'we'?

NM

Somebody got :busted:!

LarryNJ
09-24-2006, 05:00 PM
What do you mean 'we'?

NM

LOL...nice find dude! That explains it all. He's an Eagle fan. I used to think that Philly was such a good sports town till I moved here. They certianly are passionate about the Eagles and other Philly teams, but most of them know very little about the rest of the league. They live in their own little world.

SuperBowlChamps
09-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Wow okay are you like totally coo-coo for cocoa puffs? Holy cats man he comes off having his appendix out and almost dies in the off season. Yes he's had 2 bad games, yes he's still learning but dude I guarentee that he will bounce back later on in the season. I feel sorry that you started this topic cuz it looks like you're going to get ripped...

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 05:02 PM
LOL...nice find dude! That explains it all. He's an Eagle fan. I used to think that Philly was such a good sports town till I moved here. They certianly are passionate about the Eagles and other Philly teams, but most of them know very little about the rest of the league. They live in their own little world.

I have to school with some of em to. And it gets to be a pain. They don't play any REAL TEAMS.

LarryNJ
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I have to school with some of em to.

I feel for you brother! Must make it tough to study!

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 05:07 PM
I feel for you brother! Must make it tough to study!

Yes it does. Especially day after a Steelers loss. Unless they lose, I hear the worst of it from them.

PisnNapalm
09-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Pwn3D!!

Anyone saying that Batch should start over Ben is nuts.

LarryNJ
09-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Yes it does. Especially day after a Steelers loss. Unless they lose, I hear the worst of it from them.

There's an easy solution to that. Just wear this T-shirt, the easiest way to shut up an eagle fan.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1900/ff110251lrk3.jpg

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Pwn3D!!

Anyone saying that Batch should start over Ben is nuts.

Only if he is injured.I don't see enough of a case for Ben to taken out now.

SteelCityMan786
There's an easy solution to that. Just wear this T-shirt, the easiest way to shut up an eagle fan.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1900/ff110251lrk3.jpg

I always use that reminder. We've been to/won more super bowls.

Mosca
"you're"

Tom

Livinginthe past
09-24-2006, 05:20 PM
"you're"

Tom

Im an optimistic kinda guy.

I'd hoped that the mis-spelling was some type of ironic statement.

However, the way he tripped himself up after only 6 posts im thinking I gave him a little too much credit.

NM

Sith Lord
09-24-2006, 05:48 PM
This is ridiculous. We can't keep losing games. Sit this dope and let a real quarterback at the controls.

You're an embarrassment to this board and yourself.

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2006, 10:05 AM
This has to be the WORST thread ever on SF. I'm actually debating on deleting it.

BlackNGold203
09-25-2006, 10:06 AM
This has to be the WORST thread ever on SF. I'm actually debating on deleting it.

i second that motion.....

Atlanta Dan
09-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Before you delete this thread, I just wanted to put into the mix that when I dropped off my car to have some work done on it this morning and was given a rental car, the radio was tuned to a non-sports talk station in Atlanta that has an African-American demographic.

When I turned on the radio, the morning show hosts were chatting about how Charlie Batch is African-American and not in a particular good natured way stated that if Ben was African-American and Batch was white that Ben would have been on the bench by now given Charlie's performance in the Miami game.

While that of course is racist nonsense, it illustrates that while the idea of benching the future of the franchise is nuts (as was his inexcusable decision to chuck it downfield for the INT in the 3rd quarter), there is some ugly talk out there about why that is not occurring.

The next 2 weeks until the San Diego game should lead to some wild discussions.

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Who didn't see those remarks coming?

Well, at least we know the crazy talk is not only taking place on this board.....lol.

SteelerFanInCA
09-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Just a completey absurd thread. Sit Ben? Yeah OK.

stlrtruck
09-25-2006, 12:56 PM
The kid makes some mistakes in the last two games so let's bench him? What kind of fan are you?
I guess we should sit Haynes now too because of his fumble?
Whoever makes mistakes has to sit out until their replacement makes errors?

Get a grip!!!

SteelersNationsfl
09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I was waiting for this thread. No we don't need to sit Ben, couldn't think of anything worse to do to a young Quarterback after winning the super bowl the previous year.

24seven
09-25-2006, 01:36 PM
I admit at times yesterday i was saying the same thing.. In hindsite it deffinitely wouldn't be a good ego boost for Ben as he's improved since his first outing but still is not 100%.. I like Batch and would love to see him get another opportunity and I think if by the game after San Diego Ben hasn't improved then it is his time..It's just crazy to watch him so indecisive back there.. The first play of the game for instance.. he sat there for like 30 seconds damn near trying to find a receiver.. What happened to the scramblin Ben we use to see frequently?? It's like he's turning into Kordell and refusing to leave the pocket and run it.. He'll roll out but it's like he's caged and can't move forward.. THAT to me makes me leary of hom being 100%. like he's scared to take a hit.. Our O line most deffinitely provided the coverage for him though.. he has no excuse for time.. I couldn't believe some of the time he was getting.. So kudos to them and Parker.. He carried the team there for a while. Just not sure why they took him out at the end and only used Haynes.. Anyways,, Batch in 2 more games if Ben doesn't wake up.. I think that is ample enough time..

ExtonSteelFan
09-25-2006, 03:02 PM
So kudos to them and Parker.. He carried the team there for a while. Just not sure why they took him out at the end and only used Haynes.. Anyways,, Batch in 2 more games if Ben doesn't wake up.. I think that is ample enough time..

They pulled Parker because he had over 30 carries. Parker is not built to take as many hits as a 255lb Jerome Bettis, so they need to be careful with him and make sure he doesn't get hurt. Remember when Cowher said they will monitor him and the amount of carries he has?

I'm confident Ben will wake up from all of this. When you step back and look at things in perspective, this guy has been through ALOT. Some other people here said it perfectly when saying that he's not a robot. He's still a little shaken up and this kind of thing can really mess with you mentally. In the end every fan of this team needs to rally behind Ben and support him, not bash him and call for him to be pulled. His confidence is already pretty low right now and the ones that bash him are only making it worse.

augustashark
09-25-2006, 04:31 PM
He carried the team there for a while. Just not sure why they took him out at the end and only used Haynes.. Anyways,, Batch in 2 more games if Ben doesn't wake up.. I think that is ample enough time..

maybe because he is not the 3rd down back. We went to a hurry up package and Willie is not the back in that package. I don't know if Willie makes the catch that Haynes did on the final drive.

My thoughts only, but maybe you and your (stupid) sig have been spending to much time together. At least today!

Stlrs4Life
09-25-2006, 05:42 PM
What do you mean 'we'?

NM

Way to sniff him outLITP.

24seven
09-25-2006, 06:54 PM
My thoughts only, but maybe you and your (stupid) sig have been spending to much time together. At least today!

wow.. coming from a Metallica fan that hurts.. Sorry to offend you and your metal beliefs .. Maybe you go cry with Lars now and make pee pee.. Anyways.. Back to something pertanent to the post.. Someday everyone will believe in Parkers abilitys.. I can understand saving him for health reasons but I would have felt better knowing his speed was on the field. So yes.. me and my sig did spend time together after watching a miserable ending.. I wrapped my lips tight around it's tip and sucked it till she was dry....gotta problem with that?? BFD.. now go bang your head on somethin ya frickin groupy........

HometownGal
09-25-2006, 07:36 PM
A ssspinchter says - whaaaaaat?????? :dang:

I was in Dover for the NASCAR race and unfortunately didn't get to see the game, but even thinking of sitting Ben down is proposterous!

Me thinks this guy deserves to be tied to a goal post and throttled with a gazillion Terrible Towels. :mad: