PDA

View Full Version : marvin lewis

19ward86
09-24-2006, 05:24 PM
after the game i was very suprised that when he went to the locker room, he told the guys that they need to start showing some class. he told them that the who dey thing was getting out of control and they needed to show some class and he seemed like he was talking from his heart about it too.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Very cool to hear and I'm glad that he is starting to show some class. Last year Marvin showed none at all.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 05:28 PM
He's learning from a class coach.

LarryNJ
09-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Yes that is good to hear. I guess he's getting older and wiser. After the taunting penalties today it will be interesting to see how Cowher handles it. Will he put an end to all celebrating & trash talking? I understand it's an emotional game but all the celebrations drives me nuts, it's like every tackle, catch, first down...ect.

Polamalu43
09-24-2006, 05:45 PM
i still hate lewis and the bungles no matter what they do.. cant wait till we play them in there back yeard..

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Glad to hear Marvin did that. Wouldn't it be nice if it trickled down to the fans.

We watched the game in Cincinnati with several hundred other members of the Steeler Nation at Martino's in Clifton.......Cincinnati's Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers. We snuck out the side door immediately after the game and walked around front and there was about 30 Begals fans mobbing the front and no one could get out. There were dozens more people headed toward Martino's from all directions. The Who Dey's were flying and the all the cars were beeping horns and people were hanging out the house windows and porches yelling at all the Steelers fans that had made it out. You'd think they just won the super bowl or something. My friends were still inside when we left and I haven't been able to get ahold of them to find out if they made it out ok. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner had to call the police. I hope nobody got hurt......at least no Steeler fans anyway.

The ironic thing is that there were probably a dozen or so Bengals fans in Martino's watching with their Steeler friends (one was sitting beside me and the only thing that bugged me was his chain smoking) and they were treated with complete respect......no problems inside at all. I have a feeling that Steeler fans at other places were not treated with the same respect.

Don't worry Stillers, got in a few jabs about Super Bowl trophies and wished them luck in New England next week.........!

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2006, 06:11 PM
I believe Marvin knows the next step for his team is to reach the "act like you have been there before" stage of winning a game.

The Bengals now know they can beat the Steelers - let's see if they follow-up and beat New England after Steelers Week.

19ward86
09-24-2006, 06:58 PM
i just think that chad needs to learn how to shut his mouth, i call todays game a SHUTDOWN BABY he can go check no for this week. 1 catch is being shut down in my case, mostly when dealing "with the best WR in the league" haha.

I.C. Lights
09-24-2006, 07:43 PM
The Bengals and the NFL in general need to get players to stop taunting fans. People who work hard for a living and buy tickets to these games should not have to put up with that. The burden is on the players to act like, well "professional" athletes - and that goes for everyone.

stlrtruck
09-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Glad to hear Marvin did that. Wouldn't it be nice if it trickled down to the fans.

We watched the game in Cincinnati with several hundred other members of the Steeler Nation at Martino's in Clifton.......Cincinnati's Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers. We snuck out the side door immediately after the game and walked around front and there was about 30 Begals fans mobbing the front and no one could get out. There were dozens more people headed toward Martino's from all directions. The Who Dey's were flying and the all the cars were beeping horns and people were hanging out the house windows and porches yelling at all the Steelers fans that had made it out. You'd think they just won the super bowl or something. My friends were still inside when we left and I haven't been able to get ahold of them to find out if they made it out ok. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner had to call the police. I hope nobody got hurt......at least no Steeler fans anyway.

The ironic thing is that there were probably a dozen or so Bengals fans in Martino's watching with their Steeler friends (one was sitting beside me and the only thing that bugged me was his chain smoking) and they were treated with complete respect......no problems inside at all. I have a feeling that Steeler fans at other places were not treated with the same respect.

Don't worry Stillers, got in a few jabs about Super Bowl trophies and wished them luck in New England next week.........!

That's because to all those bungles, they just won the Super Bowl. That's been their problem. They think it's all won in one game early in the year instead of in January/February when it truly matter!

Marvin_for_prez
09-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Very cool to hear and I'm glad that he is starting to show some class. Last year Marvin showed none at all.

Did Cowher?

SteelersWoman
09-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Anyone happen to see Marv's press conference after the game?

His remarks (while on the surface appeared to be aimed at behaving with class and could not be faulted WORD wise) EYE believe they were meant to be scarcastic.

Take a look--a very careful look at the way he laughed at the end of when he called us Super Bowl Champs--WORLD champs.... It was intentional, and he knows that WE'LL know exactly how he meant it.

I do want to wish Marv for Prez congrats on his team's win however, and I'm glad that no one was injured badly :)

Marvin_for_prez
09-25-2006, 09:21 AM
I do want to wish Marv for Prez congrats on his team's win however, and I'm glad that no one was injured badly :)

Thanks. It is appreciated. :smile:
I'm glad that no one was hurt also, although I did have my worries for Chris Henry there for a second. Damn! He got smoked!
We all knew that it was going to be a close one and we were right. The game on New Year's Eve is going to be another classic. :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
09-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Chris Henry ends up on JACKED UP

noyfb
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
He's learning from a class coach.

You mean a coach who did the Who Dey chant himself?

SteelersWoman
09-26-2006, 04:26 PM
The game on New Year's Eve is going to be another classic. :cheers:

It will, and it's another that I'm reallllly looking forward to :cheer:

Elvis
09-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Marvinforprez...
I respect your coach.. and I respect Carso Pulner...oh..sorry... thats Pal--mer.. he looks like a Palm'er... He is a california nut, that will never beat the Steelers in a Play-off game..The deal is the Bengals think since they beat us in our home stadium that they have won the battle... well.... the war will be in Cincinnati in January.. last year we spanked your boys.. there just remember that...It Aint Over... I promise you that...

Marvin_for_prez
09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Marvinforprez...
I respect your coach.. and I respect Carso Pulner...oh..sorry... thats Pal--mer.. he looks like a Palm'er... He is a california nut, that will never beat the Steelers in a Play-off game..The deal is the Bengals think since they beat us in our home stadium that they have won the battle... well.... the war will be in Cincinnati in January.. last year we spanked your boys.. there just remember that...It Aint Over... I promise you that...

No one said it was over. As far as I can see, it will never be over between these two teams. That's what makes it a good rivalry.