PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for u to get over a lost

Carolina Steelers
09-24-2006, 05:43 PM
It usually takes me till Monday Eveing after the Monday night game. Then I can focus on next week except when we got a bye the loss lingers awhile longer. I will not watch ESPN tonight I hate watching the highlights of a game we lost that we could have one.

Infamix
09-24-2006, 05:46 PM
I will watch the highlights for the Ryan Clark hit and Willie Parker runs.

X-Terminator
09-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm...about 5 minutes. Sorry, I may be a die-hard fan, but my entire life doesn't revolve around Steelers football or wins/losses.

Polamalu43
09-24-2006, 05:47 PM
till next sunday no matter what

19ward86
09-24-2006, 07:01 PM
dont be an ass x-terminator, we didnt mean that u had to be absessed with them but how long it takes to get over it. i garuntee that none of our lives revolve around the steelers but true fans care a little. it takes me until we win again.

blackngoldbaby
09-24-2006, 07:06 PM
usally it takes me to till the next game to get over it lets just say its not pretty at my house when the steelers loose!!

X-Terminator
09-24-2006, 07:21 PM
dont be an ass x-terminator, we didnt mean that u had to be absessed with them but how long it takes to get over it. i garuntee that none of our lives revolve around the steelers but true fans care a little. it takes me until we win again.

How was I being an ass??? I answered the question honestly and I wasn't accusing you or anyone else of being OBsessed! Football and sports in general do not get me to the point of being upset over losses for very long, because they are nothing but diversions from every day life for me - it's just the way I am, and I'm NOT going to apologize for that. And it sure as HELL doesn't mean that I don't care - all you have to do is read my posts in the game thread to see that that is FAR from the truth!

I.C. Lights
09-24-2006, 07:38 PM
...You gotta remember to take these posts at face value. I don't think X-terminator was insinuating anything about anyone else in his first post.

I get over losses pretty quickly as well. I decided a long time ago (during the Bubby Brister years) that the longer I dwell on it the more I detest the team that beat us and that makes it even worse the next time you loose!

desertsteel
09-24-2006, 07:40 PM
3-4 days at least

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Great question

It of course depends on what else is going on in my life - the Steelers are important but in eventful times in my life it really is just a game NM

That having been said - less time this year than in previous seasons

ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons (a Pats and Rd Sox fan) has what he calls his "5 year rule" in which he says you cut your team an enormous amount of slack fo 5 years after they win it all.

I obviously will be watching every game this year but when you look back on the magical run last season and everything that broke the Steelers way from early December on, if this season goes the way it may be heading I will get over it easier than in past years.

Unfortunately, I am afraid my lack of urgency also is felt in some way by the coaches and players of this year's team, if the play over the first 3 games is any indication.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 07:45 PM
i'm over it already, it's only week 3 so can't be to much in a panic right now. plus we pretty much lost this game more then they beat us. bad move by cowher to put coc in. and big ben was acting like tommy maddox part 2.

steelcurtain09
09-24-2006, 07:47 PM
i get over it quickly but i have to dwell on it cause of my peers at skool
how much i pray to God tht i lived in Pittsburgh and not a suburb of d.c.

Great question

It of course depends on what else is going on in my life - the Steelers are important but in eventful times in my life it really is just a game NM

That having been said - less time this year than in previous seasons

ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons (a Pats and Rd Sox fan) has what he calls his "5 year rule" in which he says you cut your team an enormous amount of slack fo 5 years after they win it all.

I obviously will be watching every game this year but when you look back on the magical run last season and everything that broke the Steelers way from early December on, if this season goes the way it may be heading I will get over it easier than in past years.

Unfortunately, I am afraid my lack of urgency also is felt in some way by the coaches and players of this year's team, if the play over the first 3 games is any indication.

i believe it hurts even more if u do badly after a championship year
the farther the fall the more it hurts

stain fans dont worry bout osin too much they just settle into their sigh and look forward to next season after bout week 6. we however have a chance to win so it hurts when we have a team tht can contend lose.

beSteelmyheart
09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty much getting over it-nuthin much I can do about it, huh?
I work in a shop full of men & will have to hear about it for most of the day tomorrow, though. I'll have to put on a good face even though I won't want to talk about it, so I guess it takes until Monday evening to get over it.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 08:02 PM
It takes me no more then a day or 2. I just try to move on reguardless of result and focus on next week.

Elvis
09-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Not near as long as it used to... I love the game and I am into it with all my heart, but to sit and cus and swear and all is just worthless.. besides, when you have Jesus in your heart things look alot different..

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-24-2006, 08:23 PM
It depends.........Last week we got our beat up on all day long and deserved to lose....Jacksonvile played a great game.......But today, there were jsut to many stupid mistakes, fumbles, dropped balls, Interceptions on the goal line.........Just too much fundamental footballl mistakes......This one hurts.....It was an important game for us..
Good thig is we have a buy next week, get our players healthy and focused...

Da Question
09-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Bye weeks suck after a loss, guess it take me till the next game, unless thats a loss too then ill have to wait for a win.

Borski
09-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Although I hate going into the bye-week on a loss I think I'm pretty much over this one already, but loses later in the season in playoff contention take until the next week.

stlrtruck
09-25-2006, 08:19 AM
It depends...
Games like the Jags game, not long because they beat us. Those games are easier to get over. So probably the next day for those types.

However, games like yesterday, take a few days. I hate when we beat a team but hand them the game anyway. Games like that take until about Wednesday to get through all the highlight shows and BS about how great the bungles are now because they beat us in our home, blah blah blah!!!

Justin Otstott
09-25-2006, 08:23 AM
im still pissed so that says it all! at some points like now...i really think what would have happened if we let Ben rest and batch started?

Mosca
09-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Hmmmm...about 5 minutes. Sorry, I may be a die-hard fan, but my entire life doesn't revolve around Steelers football or wins/losses.

Same here, if not quicker. I was thinking, maybe 30 seconds. I got no fantasy stuff going, and I don't bet on sports, so there's absolutely no effect on my real life. At worst, I wasted 3 hours that I could have used doing something else... so now I go do whatever that was.

Tom

SteelerFanInCA
09-25-2006, 12:39 PM
It usually takes about a day for me to get over it. My friends basically know better. They know better to give me that 24hr window before they call me.

pitt
09-25-2006, 04:13 PM
It takes about a week to get over a regular season loss. A month to recover from a playoff loss. And as soon as I'm over the '95 Super bowl loss I'll let you know.

Btrice
09-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I am usually pretty pissed the next day. Then after that I am ok until the day of the next game. Then I am pissed until the Stillers have the lead in the following game.

Playoff losses take a month easy.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Its not so much the loss that bugs me. Its how we lost and the way we acted yesterday. The taunting penalty by Logan was class less. Way to show the long snapper there Mike while we are lossing the game. Then the sorry ass excuses that Ben seems to come up with anymore. He needs to do some soul searching and if he really wants to be the elite QB and team leader he say he wants to be. Then he needs to put the work in to be great. I still don't think Ben puts in the film study that the true greats do. Instead when things go wrong for him. He says he has been battling the flu, the wind was a factor or I stepped on someone's foot.

Thats what bugs me. I think someone said today that it looks like Cowher is coaching like a lame-duck coach. Then he needs to get his ass out of Pittsburgh and let Whizz take over.

augustashark
09-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I murdered 3 people last night. I'm ok today. Thanks for asking.:wave:

steelcurtain09
09-25-2006, 04:46 PM
And as soon as I'm over the '95 Super bowl loss I'll let you know.

dint last years win get u over it

steelfan 92
09-25-2006, 06:09 PM
it all depends on how they lost. if we got blown out i'd be over it that same day. if they gave the game away like they did yesterday, it would it at me for at least 3 to 4 days. it's like if you beat me and dominate your the better team. if i make mistakes and gift wrap it for you, that eats away at your soul.

SteelersNationsfl
09-25-2006, 07:49 PM
It's gonna take me about 2 or 3 Bill Cower Press conferences and a Primanti Bro's Sandwhich in Fort Lauderdale (where I live) and 11 Days.:dang:

Btrice
09-25-2006, 10:21 PM
It's gonna take me about 2 or 3 Bill Cower Press conferences and a Primanti Bro's Sandwhich in Fort Lauderdale (where I live) and 11 Days.:dang:

Whoa whoa whoa, there is a Primanti Bros in FtL? Where is it at? I drive down there all the time.

jaysta
09-25-2006, 10:49 PM
This time of the season it doesn't take long. Later in the season it will take a bit longer if the playoffs are on the line. :helmet:

X-Terminator
09-26-2006, 12:48 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, there is a Primanti Bros in FtL? Where is it at? I drive down there all the time.

I think it's right on the beach, though don't quote me on that. But yes, there is one down there - it's the only one outside of the Pittsburgh area.

pitt
09-26-2006, 01:33 AM
dint last years win get u over it

Last years win helped alot but I'm still mad about the way we lost.

Jim Schue
09-26-2006, 02:07 AM
I used to dwell on them real bad ? and playoff losses were even worse. I would get so worked up I would get borderline sick. I figured that wasn't too healthy, so a few years back I vowed not to let the Ls bother me too much (I guess something good did come from Kordell's tenure!).

Since then, I just try to take them in stride and find the silver lining. I may gripe a bit the next day at work when someone broaches the subject, but I've generally purged all the ill feeling out of my system by Sunday night.

I like to think my reward for being a more good-natured fan was the SB title.

SteelersWoman
09-26-2006, 03:20 AM
[QUOTE=Atlanta Dan;155333]ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons (a Pats and Rd Sox fan) has what he calls his "5 year rule" in which he says you cut your team an enormous amount of slack fo 5 years after they win it all.\QUOTE]

Five years? FIVE YEARS?? That's a LONNNNG time in football years lol

SteelersWoman
09-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Forgot to add that it doesn't take me long at all to get over it--a few minutes maybe. But then I'm like x term....I view this as an interesting, fun diversion-- a game.

One that I'm passionate about, and obsessive in wanting to talk about--just not obsessive (or hateful) over losing. I know someone's gotta win, someone's gotta lose, and that's just the way it is--no matter how hard each side plays (or even if they deserved it or not).

I tend to feel badly for the players rather than myself.

floodcitygirl
09-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Well I could let it go if I didn't have the back log of messages on my cell from gloating Bungle fans. Not to mention the assinine calls that I've gotten since I got back from the game last night! It's going to be rough around this town (Cincy) until we beat them back again. :banging:

Infamix
09-26-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm over it about now. I think the Steelers will prepare really rigorously this week for San Diego.

HometownGal
09-26-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm over a loss when I get up the following morning. Dwelling on a loss doesn't change the outcome of the game, so being the eternal optimist that I am, I start looking forward to the next challenge and gear up for that game. :tt02: