PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes improving

Rush58
09-24-2006, 04:58 PM
He's starting to play well. He had some good catches on the last drive and two nice returns.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
and i bet he wouldn't have muffed that punt return, he would've probably ran away from the ball, and we would've won lol

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I noticed that, too.

The season is still a work in progress and anything can happen.
When Bill Cowher lifted up that Lombardi Trophy last year, I had to pinch myself to remember when we were wrote off for the season. We're nowhere close to that yet, IMO.

It certainly made us all appreciate it all the more, no?

ROYND1
09-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah he's getting better but that's not saying much.He should of hung on to the one he dropped at the end,big hit but he could have held on.I still like him but I need more return on that draft pick!!! Where is REID!!!!!!!:helmet:

19ward86
09-24-2006, 06:03 PM
i dont think he is improving as much as it is just him getting involved.i think cowher is pissed and that is why he played as the punt returner that one time. i think he will now be the official return man, he deserves it.

Prosdo
09-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I was impressed with him this game. He is showing nice progress. Good job Holmes!

stunta86
09-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah he's getting better but that's not saying much.He should of hung on to the one he dropped at the end,big hit but he could have held on.I still like him but I need more return on that draft pick!!! Where is REID!!!!!!!:helmet:

ok, i bet hines would've dropped that ball too, he had to jump pretty damn high to get the ball with a defender under him, it seemed like ben was trying to kill his wr's today

SteelerMurf
09-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Cedrick Wilson needs to take a seat and I think Holmes is just about ready to take over.

Elvis
09-24-2006, 07:05 PM
yeh.. he's playin' pretty well, but I hate those missed catches.. if anyone would make that catch it would have been Hines. But the player that I have began to have so much respect for is Willie Parker.. he is showing patience this season that I have never seen him have before and if our line is opening some holes then he will usually hit it pretty well.. I love our DEE, but right now Troy is Not trusting, or the Steelers organization isnt, Ryan Clark... he is the learning point of our secondary and Troy is having to help him and that is the reason he is NOT making all the plays that he has the past 2 years... OH.. by the way... why is no one sayin' anything about Nate Washington's missed TD in the last few minutes?

stunta86
09-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Cedrick Wilson needs to take a seat and I think Holmes is just about ready to take over.

i agree with you about wilson needing to take a seat, but i think it will be nate washington that gets the first chance to take over. today kind of set him back with all the drops

Midnightwriter07
09-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Because nobody expects anything from Nate yet, he is the overachiving underdog like Parker so they get free passes if or when they mess up. Anyone can say what they want about this and that ect ect ... but BEN right now is the problem. Hard to have a consistant offensive attack when he is playing so poorly. He knows he is, just something he has to get worked out and hopefully with two weeks down time... he will.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-24-2006, 07:25 PM
I agree, but i would really like to see Reid ruturning punts and kickoffs

msafford
09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Because nobody expects anything from Nate yet, he is the overachiving underdog like Parker so they get free passes if or when they mess up. Anyone can say what they want about this and that ect ect ... but BEN right now is the problem. Hard to have a consistant offensive attack when he is playing so poorly. He knows he is, just something he has to get worked out and hopefully with two weeks down time... he will.

I agree. Even with Big Ben not having a great time of it out there, he's still Big Ben. We all know he'll be able to come back, unlike many of the "unique" quarterbacks of the past 2 decades. I'd love to say he'll always play perfect, but that just isn't reality. He'll shove that football right up Sandiego's a$$es, Since he'll FINALLY have some real time to practice with ALL his receivers. #17 will be pi$$ing "Rivers" (haha) when Joey and the rest of the D harass him all night.

Go Steelers

p.s.- ricardo colclough is not my favorite Steeler at the moment.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2006, 08:47 PM
I agree. Even with Big Ben not having a great time of it out there, he's still Big Ben. We all know he'll be able to come back, unlike many of the "unique" quarterbacks of the past 2 decades. I'd love to say he'll always play perfect, but that just isn't reality. He'll shove that football right up Sandiego's a$$es, Since he'll FINALLY have some real time to practice with ALL his receivers. #17 will be pi$$ing "Rivers" (haha) when Joey and the rest of the D harass him all night.

Go Steelers

p.s.- ricardo colclough is not my favorite Steeler at the moment.

Well I would have said before this year that Ben could bounce back. But I'm not so sure now. I don't know what his deal is. But he has gotten plenty of credit so far in his career. Its time for him to start taking some of the blame. I don't want to hear about anymore 100 degree temperatures, broken toes, broken thumbs or whatever injury of the week Ben will come up with next. He needs to take the bull by the horns and get the job done.

wiqidjuggalo
09-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I have to agree that Santonio is getting better but he is in no way ready to take over the #2 spot just yet... Nate Washington on the other hand i think should truly be #2 but only the coach can make that decision... as far as ben goes, with this 2 weeks off he will have plenty of tome to rest and get better just keep your eyes peeled for week 5.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I have to agree that Santonio is getting better but he is in no way ready to take over the #2 spot just yet... Nate Washington on the other hand i think should truly be #2 but only the coach can make that decision... as far as ben goes, with this 2 weeks off he will have plenty of tome to rest and get better just keep your eyes peeled for week 5.

and that ain't a good thing, i mean did you see his decision making today??? so i guess it'll be better to just leave things the way they are

SteelerMurf
09-24-2006, 09:53 PM
i agree with you about wilson needing to take a seat, but i think it will be nate washington that gets the first chance to take over. today kind of set him back with all the drops

Nate drops at least one a game as does Wilson.

I haven't seen Holmes just blow a catch yet.

But isn't it pretty clear that the Steelers did the right thing by going after the best WR in the draft? We are very low on WR talent.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Nate drops at least one a game as does Wilson.

I haven't seen Holmes just blow a catch yet.

But isn't it pretty clear that the Steelers did the right thing by going after the best WR in the draft? We are very low on WR talent.

yeah, i'm glad we went after holmes, cause what seemed like good depth is just one of our weaknesses cause aside from hines we ain't all that good at that spot