PDA

View Full Version : Official cut Colclough Thread!!!

ROYND1
09-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Please sign this thread and show how much you hate this guy!!! Been along time since I've hated anyone on our team but this guy deserves it!! I don't know what they see in him,speed is only good if you know how to use it!!!!:dang:

Signed ROYND1

Steelers
09-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Signed: Steelers :banging:

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Signed SteelCityMan786

blackngoldbaby
09-24-2006, 05:43 PM
signed blackngoldbaby!

pittsburgh$teelersfan
09-24-2006, 05:44 PM
sign pittsburgh$teelersfan what a loser

19ward86
09-24-2006, 05:48 PM
sign:everyone else

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 05:49 PM
signed.......

Stillers4me

STEELERSTAR
09-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Cut #21 Ricardo Colclough because he stinks and sucks, bring #4 Omar Jacobs back to roster team because he has the abilities, potentials and talents.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 06:48 PM
can we add duce to the list too??? lol, coc is pretty much a bum, and he seems slow on kickoff returns and punt returns so i don't get where him having speed comes from. maybe it's just off the feild speed to impress scouts, but playing speed he has none

signed: stunta86

Dynasty
09-24-2006, 06:55 PM
signed: wysilv

jesus does this bum suck

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Signed: Atlanta Dan

This accident has been waiting to happen for several seasons.

Coclough has no business returning kicks but it has been clear he is a potential turnover every time he settles under a kick (Ed.B. from the P-G has been on this for the last 2 years) - do not excuse the coaches for botching the transition from ARE.

24seven
09-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I thought he might owe Haynes some dinner for takin some of the heat off.. Guess it wasn't enough.. Get me a knife.. Signed.. 24seven

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
No. Give him a break.. Just dont put him back there for punts.

Big Fella
09-24-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm new around here but I have liked a lot of what others have had to say, until now.

Blaming Coke exclusively is a vast over-simplification of the problem.

1. I never unfairly criticize Cowher BUT...someone decided Coke is a good return man when the majority of fans realize he is not. The guy shouldn't have been out there.

2. Haynes fumbled too

3. Roethlisberger turned the ball over 3 times

This offense has been terrible the last 2 games. It was promising to see Willie do well today, but Roethlisberger NEEDS to perform better. This offense seemed to click when Charlie was out there. When do we think about sitting Ben down for a game?

axg8746
09-24-2006, 08:16 PM
I am not going to blame the entire game on that muffed punt but i do not like colclough and never have...he obviously cant catch kicks, when he does he does nothing with it, and he cant even do what they drafted him for and that is play defense

"1. I never unfairly criticize Cowher BUT...someone decided Coke is a good return man when the majority of fans realize he is not. The guy shouldn't have been out there."

I agree with this though...I thought the Steelers established that he couldnt catch punts in training camp this year

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Plus we also traded up in the second round to draft Ricardo Colclough. Not one of the better moves by Cowher and company. Cowher needs to get it through his head that Ricardo is a terrible return guy. Sure he is fast and can break one. But his ball handling has always been terrible. I agree it wasn't all Colclough's fault today. But when he had his brain fart. We were winning 17-14 and getting the ball back.

Ben was the main reason we lost today. Then it was Ricardo or might I add Bill Cowher for having him ****ing back there in the first place. I really hope to see Willie Reid soon. Maybe Bill hasn't it in his mind that this is his last year and he doesn't give a flying **** about this season.

Hines86Ward
09-24-2006, 10:03 PM
I wish we still had Quincy Morgan.....

stunta86
09-24-2006, 10:07 PM
I wish we still had Quincy Morgan.....

but he didn't return punts......yeah it would be nice to have him for kickoff returns....... but we don't even dress are best punt retuner so i doubt he'd be activated too

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-24-2006, 10:07 PM
I think he can turn into a decent corner.......but not a return man..

Ambridge
09-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Colclough has got to go.

Move over Chad Scott and Dewayne Washington there's a new King of the Hill.

Ambridge's most hated Steelers list :

Ricardo Colclough :monkey:
Chad Scott :monkey:
Dewayne Washington :monkey:

SteelShooter
09-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Dump him..........bring up Willie Reid!

Borski
09-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Signed Borski!

I'v been wanting to see Willie Reid since they drafted him, i like him more than Holmes.

theropodx
09-25-2006, 12:47 AM
you guys are brilliant. you start the thread AFTER the big drop. where was this thread last week? might've been helpful then. Yeah, you're right: the coaches suck. they should listen to you. Problem is, you don't know who to pull until after the games are over.

geniuses, all.

SteelCzar76
09-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Plus we also traded up in the second round to draft Ricardo Colclough. Not one of the better moves by Cowher and company. Cowher needs to get it through his head that Ricardo is a terrible return guy. Sure he is fast and can break one. But his ball handling has always been terrible. I agree it wasn't all Colclough's fault today. But when he had his brain fart. We were winning 17-14 and getting the ball back.

Ben was the main reason we lost today. Then it was Ricardo or might I add Bill Cowher for having him ****ing back there in the first place. I really hope to see Willie Reid soon. Maybe Bill hasn't it in his mind that this is his last year and he doesn't give a flying **** about this season.

I couldn't believe Colbert that made that move either (moving up for C#cklocker),.. with better corners on the board. (I was looking for Derick Strait,.....though he hasn't fully panned out,....he still would have been a far better backup than this Bum (C#cklocker)

For some reason the F/O has a Hard on for undersized, project or "Never was" Db's with suspect coverage skills. We can make moves in the first round to get the player we want almost every year. Why is it that we think we're good to go with a C-average SECONDARY ?:banging: I wish Colbert would knock it off.

Anyway,.....consider this my signature for C#cklocker's departure. And while were at perhaps he can take Cedric, Nate, and Ty with him.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Steel Pit
09-25-2006, 03:56 AM
I don't believe that Colclough needs to be cut but I do however believe that he should not be returning any kicks.

Stlrs4Life
09-25-2006, 05:03 AM
Cut him today. Make room for Reid.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-25-2006, 05:34 AM
I would cut Staley before Colclough...at least Colclough's uniform isnt a grey sweatsuit!!!

Justin Otstott
09-25-2006, 10:00 AM
we gave up Randle El and kept Duce and this guy who belongs on the Texans!

In Cowher We Trust
09-25-2006, 10:31 AM
signed:In Cowher We Trust

How Do You Let The Ball Hit Off Your Helmet!

Mosca
09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't agree with cutting him, because that's not the right thing for the team. You don't want to make guys afraid to make mistakes. That's not a smokescreen, even the best guys can get to feeling that way when confronted with an example of it happening.

But it would be a pointed message to not have him returning punts. And the guys playing behind him would have to be really stupid to not see this as an opportunity to get a foot in the door in the dime package (because Ricardo can't cover guys, either).

Drifting down the depth chart and floating away next March would be best.

Tom

SteelerFanInCA
09-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Yesterday after the play happened I thought about cutting him. I'm not sure if they should cut him but we definitley need to explore our other options at that position. Even before the game, the guy just scares me every time the ball is kicked to him. He is trying to catch the football like a center fielder. Man, that technique leaves me on the edge of my seat every time he tries to catch the ball.

steelfan 92
09-25-2006, 05:18 PM
coc had one of 5 turnovers, our star qb had 3, one in which i do not know who the hell he was throwing to, neither does he. there is a lot of blame to go around. not mere returns for coc just corner play. cut duce and make willie reid the full time punt returner. nuff said

ROYND1
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm not just saying cut him off of yesterday but for me that was the final straw.I have never liked the guy,I think he sucks as a corner,he gave up a TD yesterday as well,he can't return and he's taking up a spot that Reid could have! Name one big play other then in the preseason this guy has made??? He won't be cut but that doesn't mean we can't show our displeasure with him. I blame Ben for yesterday also but lets get real Ben's been through alot ,he's still not himself and he will bounce back.What's Cokes excuse?? I'm not in panic mode and I love the Steelers no matter what but every once in awhile we keep someone who just doesn't belong. See-Jamain Stephens!!! Cut Colclough signed again!!

jaysta
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
We don't have to cut him, but we don't have to start him either. Personally I wouldn't let him touch the field on game day until he can prove otherwise.

SteelShooter
09-25-2006, 09:00 PM
I would cut Staley before Colclough...at least Colclough's uniform isnt a grey sweatsuit!!!

:sofunny: :jawdrop: :sofunny: LMAO! Now THAT was funny, I don't care who ya are! :sofunny: :jawdrop: :sofunny:

Jim Schue
09-26-2006, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't dislike him so much if the spelling of his name matched the pronunciation. Either pronounce it "cole-cluff," or spell it "Coakley." You can't have it both ways.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Signed, RoethlisBURGHer

I don't get why he's on the team,he can't cover in man or zone coverage,isn't as fast as advertised,and all he does is muff punts and kickoffs.Why isn't Holmes or Reid back there?How can Coke STILL be number one on the depth chart at that position?

Lambertfan
09-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Give him the Duce treatment.........

Steel Pit
09-26-2006, 10:44 PM
The Steelers knew that they were gambling when they drafted Colclough. They knew that he was going to be a project. Simply put, They knew that he was a snake when they picked him up so it's no big suprise that he has bitten them.

augustashark
09-27-2006, 12:27 AM
The kid needs to learn that only one guy could return punts by catching the ball above his head! Too bad that guy was the greatest DB to ever play the game! I just hope that he puts this debacle behind him and remember what he is on this team for...To cover the other teams WR! It does not help that he went to a small school, I remember when we drafted him and I thought "hold the phone", "this guy is from where"! We do need to keep in mind that this guy is part of the family and you don't just throw family out when they make a mistake. If he keeps this up though.......Well it may be time to part ways.

HometownGal
09-27-2006, 08:02 AM
The kid needs to learn that only one guy could return punts by catching the ball above his head! Too bad that guy was the greatest DB to ever play the game! I just hope that he puts this debacle behind him and remember what he is on this team for...To cover the other teams WR! It does not help that he went to a small school, I remember when we drafted him and I thought "hold the phone", "this guy is from where"! We do need to keep in mind that this guy is part of the family and you don't just throw family out when they make a mistake. If he keeps this up though.......Well it may be time to part ways.

Good post, augusta. I'm thinking along the same lines. While I agree with the majority that Ricardo definitely needs to be replaced on punt returns by the kid the Steelers specifically drafted for that purpose - Willie Reid - I don't believe that a couple of mistakes earns him an immediate pink slip. If he doesn't shape up during the remainder of the season, ship him out after the season is over and give someone that roster spot who has rightfully earned it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Good post, augusta. I'm thinking along the same lines. While I agree with the majority that Ricardo definitely needs to be replaced on punt returns by the kid the Steelers specifically drafted for that purpose - Willie Reid - I don't believe that a couple of mistakes earns him an immediate pink slip. If he doesn't shape up during the remainder of the season, ship him out after the season is over and give someone that roster spot who has rightfully earned it.

Hmmmmm...how about having Staley catch the ball then hand off to Ricardo?...Staley=designated ball catcher ? Granted Staley may need a nap after all that excertion..but at least he would be doing something!!

HometownGal
09-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Hmmmmm...how about having Staley catch the ball then hand off to Ricardo?...Staley=designated ball catcher ? Granted Staley may need a nap after all that excertion..but at least he would be doing something!!

Now that would be classified as a first-class cluster-fook.

He is doing something - he's modeling Omar the Tentmaker's signature line of grey jogging suits. :thumbsup: