PDA

View Full Version : Chris Simms????

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Whats the story with Simms being hospitalized.....
All i heard is that he has his spleen removed and a blood transfusion:

Was it from being hit our other complications???
Either was.....hope he has a quick recovery

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-24-2006, 08:53 PM
NFL Network reporting that they have heard both reports of Simms being in critical conditon and stable condition????
Any other news?

Dynasty
09-24-2006, 08:59 PM
ESPN.com reports

Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6433) had his spleen removed at a Tampa, Fla., hospital after rupturing it in Sunday's 26-24 loss to Carolina, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.
http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/statsid/s6433.jpgSimmsAccording to a source close to Simms' family, the quarterback's condition has been stabilized after surgery, during which he received blood transfusions.
It is thought the injury occurred in the second quarter. Simms took several hard hits and left the game for two plays in the second half but returned to help the Bucs take the lead in the fourth quarter.
Simms also has bruised ribs. He is being treated at St. Joseph's Hospital.
Lisa Patterson, a spokeswoman for St. Joseph's Hospital, said any other information would have to come from the Buccaneers, who declined to comment or confirm that the fourth-year pro was being treated a few blocks from Raymond James Stadium.
Simms walked from the field on his own power late in the third quarter and again at the end of the game, which Carolina won when John Kasay (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=1111) kicked a 42-yard field goal with 2 seconds remaining. He completed 13 of 24 passes for 139 yards, one touchdown and one interception.
Simms usually is made available for postgame interviews, however the Bucs said he would not speak to reporters because he was being examined by trainers and doctors.

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Simms is a Warrior.

SteelR1
09-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Good Luck to Simms and God Speed for a quick recovery!!!!!!!

Get Well Soon.....

Hawk Believer
09-24-2006, 11:06 PM
What a bummer. I wonder what hit did it? For some reason I feel extra badly for him since this happened during a season where he was recieving so much criticism for his play.

CantStop85
09-24-2006, 11:10 PM
What a bummer. I wonder what hit did it? For some reason I feel extra badly for him since this happened during a season where he was recieving so much criticism for his play.
Very reminiscent of Daunte Culpepper last year.

SteelersWoman
09-25-2006, 05:45 AM
What a bummer. I wonder what hit did it? .

I saw a clip of him being hit mighty hard in the endzone--he had a hard time getting up, so I think that might've been the one that did it.

Mosca
09-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Which Bucs forum is the best one to show our support? those folks were pretty supportive of us when Ben crashed his bike. I left a message at Captain's Deck, but there are about a dozen TBB forums.

Tom

In Cowher We Trust
09-25-2006, 02:29 PM
i liked him..hope he recovers quick

boLT fan
09-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Could you imagine if he would've won that game in that condition? Even coming that close is an amazing feat. I have a lot more respect for Christ Simms now.

Get well soon.