PDA

View Full Version : A Message to Everyone.

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Listen guys... its 3 weeks into the season. This is a long long season. So what if we are 1-2. Stop blaming people. The steelers played terrible today. Not one person played 100% all day. We shouldnt be making topics saying how bad Ricardo is for muffing a punt. We shouldnt be making topics for Nate Washington dropping a pass. We should be making toopics of how we are gonna make a comeback in 2 weeks to get back to .500. Lets stop all the negative talk.
About Nate. If anyone knows him(without accually knowing him)...its me. I was watching something on NFL Network. After his dropped pass in the game vs. Miami, Ben went over to him and said, "nate this isnt the preseason anymore. you cant drop passes". Right after that, Nate scored the td. Amazing Catch. Ben avoided him on the sidelines. Nate needs trust. Ben doesnt trust him. I personally think Nate could be #2 Wide OUt, he just needs the trust of his teammates.
About Ben. Ben needs to take some rest if he is not fully healthy.. He cant be saying he is 100%, then saying we lost because I had a 104 temp when it was 100.4. He cant throw an INT then hold his stomach acting like it is his stomach acting up. We all trust Batch in winning a game, so do the steelers. if ben isnt 100%, he needs to tell cowher and let chuck start. back to trust and decision making... There were many plays today where nate, holmes, and even wilson were wide open and ben decided to try squeezing that into Ward or Miller.... Ben needs to trust his other WR's.
Anyways... Lets start cheering the steelers rather than bashing them! :tt02:

LETS GO STEELERS :tt02:

On a side note... im gonna start becoming active on this forum but want a name change, where can i get them. thanks..

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2006, 08:50 PM
NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL A POST OF CONFIDENCE. See someone understands it's only week 3 and we still have 13 games of football to play.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 08:52 PM
that takes away all the fun, i'm sure everyone here is confident we'll be fine. but a lot of people just like to blow off steam. nothing wrong with that.

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Thank you Steel City Fan. We need the confidence in our team to win. Thanks for noticing my Steeler Fever, lol.

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Stop blaming people.

Nate needs trust. Ben doesnt trust him. I personally think Nate could be #2 Wide OUt, he just needs the trust of his teammates

About Ben. Ben needs to take some rest if he is not fully healthy.. He cant be saying he is 100%, then saying we lost because I had a 104 temp when it was 100.4. He cant throw an INT then hold his stomach acting like it is his stomach acting up. We all trust Batch in winning a game, so do the steelers. if ben isnt 100%, he needs to tell cowher and let chuck start. back to trust and decision making..

Inquiring minds might conclude that your post about not blaming people casts a fair amount of blame on Ben :)

NM

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I mean its not his fault we lost. Its not his fault about last week.. but Im saying he hasnt played 100%...... if he isnt 100%, he should step up, be a leader, and say he isnt ready to play.

CantStop85
09-24-2006, 09:04 PM
I mean its not his fault we lost. Its not his fault about last week.. but Im saying he hasnt played 100%...... if he isnt 100%, he should step up, be a leader, and say he isnt ready to play.
Nate, is that you?

stunta86
09-24-2006, 09:05 PM

that's still kind of blameing ben for not stepping up and saying he's not ready to play

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey.....we can't gloat about winning so we have to talk about something.

We all know that this team is better than what we've seen so far. It's no fluke they won the SuperBowl. The parts just need to come together. Ben's faced smashed against a windshield only a couple of months ago and another surgery only three weeks ago that is a normal 4-6 week recovery time. I'd still be laying on the couch making everybody wait on me let alone quarterbacking a profootball game! Yea......Carson Palmer's looked pretty hot in his first few games ......his injury is way different than Ben's (his whole head......hell, his whole body has had to heal.)........ and Palmer's had a lot longer to recuperate and has spent virtually 100% of that time focusing on rehab to play again.

Ben's a warrior.........he's our warrior and we never would have that elusive one for thumb without him.

Besides.....Hines and Troy are not 100% yet. Jerome was worth a heck of alot more that most were giving him credit for and the end of his career, obviously. And the punt return team.......oiy vey.....where do you start.

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Not to mention blaming Ben for allegedly walking away from Nate after he made great catch :)

Glad to see we are keeping track of sideline conduct as well as plays on the field

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Nate, is that you?

no but i wish he was on this board.... so he can know about me, the one person who respects nate for battling his way to the NFL and the one person who isnt saying he sucks and isnt worthy of being here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to mention blaming Ben for allegedly walking away from Nate after he made great catch :)

Glad to see we are keeping track of sideline conduct as well as plays on the field

its not that i was watching... they showed it on the tv show

stunta86
09-24-2006, 09:12 PM
no but i wish he was on this board.... so he can know about me, the one person who respects nate for battling his way to the NFL and the one person who isnt saying he sucks and isnt worthy of being here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wtf??? can you give me a link where people are saying he sucks and shouldn't be in the nfl??? or are you just making stuff up???? and he did suck today, so if they are saying he sucked in todays game they are 100% correct. he dropped some key passes.

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 09:13 PM
but he also caught a key 4th down pass.. and you just gave me evidence of ppl on this forum saying nate sucks

stunta86
09-24-2006, 09:15 PM
but he also caught a key 4th down pass.. and you just gave me evidence of ppl on this forum saying nate sucks

smh, do you read??? he sucked TODAY. as in he had a bad game. i doubt anyone is saying he sucks overall. he may have got a key 4th down pass, but he dropped a key touchdown you remember that??? so again he sucked TODAY

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2006, 09:15 PM

I believe Coclough, not Nate, is the human pinata on the board tonight - if you (whether you are Nate or not) believe you are the "one person who isn't saying [Nate] sucks and isn't worthy of being here" you must be reading some "Cut Nate Now" thread to which I do not have access.

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 09:24 PM
lol...nah im not tryin to start some shit, we are all steeler fans... im just saying that nate might not have had his best game,but he doesnt suck.... u guys are pretty hard on ur players lol. its cool though.

Steelers
09-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I wish I could agree with you, but a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter what week it's in, it hits your record all the same. Here's hoping we can pull off the unthinkable yet again...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Well this crap has to stop. I'm all for supporting your team and keeping a positive attitude. But come on the defense and Willie Parker have been the only consistent part of the Steelers team this year.

Sure its early and its only week 3. Plenty of time to rebound and turn the season around. Like last year taught us anything can happen. But this isn't last year people. The Steelers really got full of themselves and really need to find that focus they had at the end of last year. Mike Logan talking crap to a long snapper is plenty proof of that.

The off-season was terrible for us and its showing effects so far this year. I don't want to hear anymore about rust with Ben. I think Carson Palmer is also shaking off rust and he came through today. Even though the Steelers defense beat the snot out of him today.

Its time for Ben to step up. I'm a huge Ben fan. I have followed this guy since he was in college. But he needs to get act together quick or we will be 1-3. The Chargers are a very good football team.

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-24-2006, 09:36 PM
The steelers are gonna have two great weeks of practice and rest, and show the world who exactly they are in San Diego.

pittsburgh$teelersfan
09-24-2006, 09:38 PM
nate don't suck ricardo does though

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Well this crap has to stop. I'm all for supporting your team and keeping a positive attitude. But come on the defense and Willie Parker have been the only consistent part of the Steelers team this year.

Sure its early and its only week 3. Plenty of time to rebound and turn the season around. Like last year taught us anything can happen. But this isn't last year people. The Steelers really got full of themselves and really need to find that focus they had at the end of last year. Mike Logan talking crap to a long snapper is plenty proof of that.

The off-season was terrible for us and its showing effects so far this year. I don't want to hear anymore about rust with Ben. I think Carson Palmer is also shaking off rust and he came through today. Even though the Steelers defense beat the snot out of him today.

Its time for Ben to step up. I'm a huge Ben fan. I have followed this guy since he was in college. But he needs to get act together quick or we will be 1-3. The Chargers are a very good football team.

Palmer is still trying to pull pieces of Heinz Field out from between his teeth. The Bengal offense did very little to earn that score today. They got lucky and Marvin Lewis knows it. If they want to prove to the world that they are championship material, they've got a lot of work to do.

Palmer has had 9 months to recover from a knee injury (yeah, it was a bad one and it is a remarkable recovery. But then that's all he's focused his energy on for the better part of a year.). Ben has had under 3 months to recover from major reconstructive surgery to his face and basically his whole body has to heal from slamming up against that windshield. Not to mention that he's only half way through a 4-6 week recovery period from yet another surgery. This is more than rust.... Give the guy a break. And we can argue from now till doomsday whether he should have worn a helmet or not blah blah blah. He didn't and it's done and that's that.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 09:52 PM
lol...nah im not tryin to start some shit, we are all steeler fans... im just saying that nate might not have had his best game,but he doesnt suck.... u guys are pretty hard on ur players lol. its cool though.

*sighs* NO ONE said nate sucks. do you not know how to read?????

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Yea Palmer might be pulling Heinz Feild grass out of his mouth. But he hung in there all day and made the plays when he to. That is true marks of a great QB. Instead of making excuses which I'm so tired of. Maybe give some credit to the Bengals for winning the game.

Excuses thats all that Ben is good for right now. Whats the excuse for his second INT? He didn't see 2 or 3 Bengals in the area. Now I'm not calling for Batch. I like Batch as a backup but thats what he is just a backup. If we want to go anywhere this then we need Ben back to being Big Ben. Not this excuse making drama queen QB.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Yea Palmer might be pulling Heinz Feild grass out of his mouth. But he hung in there all day and made the plays when he to. That is true marks of a great QB. Instead of making excuses which I'm so tired of. Maybe give some credit to the Bengals for winning the game.

Excuses thats all that Ben is good for right now. Whats the excuse for his second INT? He didn't see 2 or 3 Bengals in the area. Now I'm not calling for Batch. I like Batch as a backup but thats what he is just a backup. If we want to go anywhere this then we need Ben back to being Big Ben. Not this excuse making drama queen QB.

you a little tipsy right now???? i don't see ben making excuses....i see fans making excuses but not ben

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2006, 10:05 PM
you a little tipsy right now???? i don't see ben making excuses....i see fans making excuses but not ben

Ben and his 100 degree fever was an excuse last week.

stunta86
09-24-2006, 10:07 PM

but did he actually use that as an excuse??? i don't know i didn't watch any post game interviews....and are you drunk lol

stillers4me
09-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Ben never used it as an excuse. The talking heads made a big deal out of it. I really don't think he was feeling well that day. I've gone to work with cold/flu symptoms and it sucks......let alone try to do a physical/mental job on national television. ........he took responsibilty for the loss in an interview, as did Hines and so did Porter. The Steelers rarely make excuses. I was simply pointing out some hard facts.....Ben is not a robot that they can just replace the peices and he'll run as good as new. That's actually a real, human body they're using for a quarterback. (one that's been through hell in the last 3 months)

jaysta
09-24-2006, 11:29 PM

Are you a Steelers fan? I have to ask because of this statement, "u guys are hard on ur players"?

X-Terminator
09-25-2006, 12:30 AM

If I remember correctly, Ben accepted a great deal of the blame last week for the loss and did not blame it on being sick or anything else. As someone said, it's the media and fans that made it a huge deal, not Ben.

stunta86
09-25-2006, 12:33 AM
If I remember correctly, Ben accepted a great deal of the blame last week for the loss and did not blame it on being sick or anything else. As someone said, it's the media and fans that made it a huge deal, not Ben.

i think he's on the tipsy side so we shouldn't really take what he's saying tonight to serious

theropodx
09-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Nate needs trust. Ben doesnt trust him. I personally think Nate could be #2 Wide OUt, he just needs the trust of his teammates.
.... Ben needs to trust his other WR's.
Anyways... Lets start cheering the steelers rather than bashing them!

FROM STEELERS.COM:

There were a lot of dropped balls the last two games. How do you deal with that out on the field, and is it tough to get past that?

No, because I've had a lot of bad throws. I tell those guys, 'Keep your head up, I'm coming back to you.' Even if they drop a ball, I tell them, 'Listen, I don't think any less of you ? I'm coming back to you, so be ready.' Sometimes, they're open and I make a bad throw, so I tell them that we're even.

wadester47
09-25-2006, 01:56 AM
good thread-

11-5 = super bowl.
stay strong Nation we will be fine, everyone have a great off week. CHECK my meter about people talking about the steelers.
who cares, bottom line bungles will fall apart, baltimore will be garbage come the end and finally the browns will be waving their "original" dirty brown towels.

Champs+class+ best fan base worldwide= steeler nation

silver2000svt
09-25-2006, 02:00 AM
lol... you say don't bash players, then you bash ben.. LOL

desertsteel
09-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Fans who expect rah rah right after a loss like this don't understand the thrill of victory and the AGONY of defeat. Venting is required.

SteelerFanInCA
09-25-2006, 12:23 PM
As much as I want to hate Ricardo and his god awful ability to catch the ball, this loss was not just on his shoulders. We need to get back that killer instinct and put teams away early. We had a chance to go head 14-0 until Ben threw that pick. I think I would have went with a running play instead only because Willie was having a pretty good game.

I'm sure Ben will bounce back because of the competitor he is. I'm not too worried. In my 30+ years of being a Steelers fan I've seen many slow starts out of the gate for our team. I believe there will be plenty of "W's" in the weeks ahead. Fumbles and mishaps are part of the game. If these mishaps have to happen, I'd rather they happen now and not down the road. We are no where near the "state of panic" we were last year when we were 7-5. Great teams bounce back from this and I expect no less from my Steelers.

Go Steelers!!!!!