PDA

View Full Version : Denver 17 Patriots 7

hardwork
09-24-2006, 11:35 PM
That is the worst game I've seen the Patriots play since Tom Brady took over.

1) Not well prepared.
2) Not well coached during the game.
3) The 4th bad game in a row for Brady.
4) The defense is not forcing turn overs.
5) Poor special teams play.

The bottom line though is number 12. Brady is missing open receivers. That's just not the Tom Brady that took us to 3 Super Bowls. Had he not missed open receivers against Denver last year we might have won that game. Had he not missed open receivers tonight we would have won this game. Is this something he'll get through? I don't know because I don't know what it is.

X-Terminator
09-25-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't know what's up with Brady either - maybe the loss of Branch really has gotten into his head. As for the defense, do you think maybe age is catching up with them? They have a few older veterans in some key positions and could be part of the problem.

jaysta
09-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Brady has definitely seemed lost since Branch and other receivers moved on.

Livinginthe past
09-25-2006, 04:52 AM
You never know what truly goes on behind the scenes, so its hard to diagnose a problem.

Having said that, if Brady is off the mark then we need other areas of the game to compensate - that means ctually creating and taking turnovers - we seem to consistently drop INT's and dont seem to create fumbles anymore either.

Props to Denver, our run game was utterly shut down last night - I dont believe in 'bogey' teams' we just failed to execute any kind of run blocking at all.

Still, as I said to the Steeler fans, we still have a good team - one that is still trying to gain some type of chemistry on offense with all the new guys in there.

Hopefully the injuries to Dillon and Light wont be too bad and we can rebound with a win in Cincy - although they have to be fairly large favorites at this point.

NM

BRONCS
09-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Pats will be fine I think its going to take some time for him (brady)to get comfortable with his new receiving core. Reche caldwell I dont think is going to be his #1 target.
He cant seem to make the big catches. he had couple drops.

he seemed to get pretty confortable with gabriel in that 10 for 10 drive that they scored on. I have brady and caldwell on my FF team . and hes hurting me every week.

But youre right I kept expecting the pats D to make a big turnover or something. But shanahan kept playing very conservatively to try not to give them to many opportunities to get the turnover.

BlackNGold203
09-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I'll be rooting hard for the Pats in Cincy next week.....

but...I dunno....

Livinginthe past
09-25-2006, 10:10 AM
I'll be rooting hard for the Pats in Cincy next week.....

but...I dunno....

I think the Patriots v bengals is a whole different set up.

This is a Bengals defense that can be run on pretty much at will, and one that relies on opportunistic takeaways to end drives.

However, their offense is going to cause us all sorts of match up problems - our DBs are missing takeaway opportunities and consistently failed to wrap up properly on tackles.

I would hope that our D-Line can get a handle on Rudi, if we let him run us all day we will be in big trouble.

The Patriots need to do what the Steelers have done in the past - keep the ball on the ground and dominate the T.O.P battle - its probably the only way we are going to win.

NM

BlackNGold203
09-25-2006, 10:25 AM
I think the Patriots v bengals is a whole different set up.

This is a Bengals defense that can be run on pretty much at will, and one that relies on opportunistic takeaways to end drives.

However, their offense is going to cause us all sorts of match up problems - our DBs are missing takeaway opportunities and consistently failed to wrap up properly on tackles.

I would hope that our D-Line can get a handle on Rudi, if we let him run us all day we will be in big trouble.

The Patriots need to do what the Steelers have done in the past - keep the ball on the ground and dominate the T.O.P battle - its probably the only way we are going to win.

NM

Agreed LITP...you have to keep carson and company off the field...and if Dillon is healthy..you may be able to...

Maybe you'll catch them hung over from beating us...*shrugs*

hardwork
09-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Props to Denver, our run game was utterly shut down last night - I dont believe in 'bogey' teams' we just failed to execute any kind of run blocking at all.

NM

Yeah, nothing I said is ment to imply that Denver wasn't involved in their win. They played it well. They've got a good coach, some good weapons, and they come at you prepared.

hardwork
09-25-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't know what's up with Brady either - maybe the loss of Branch really has gotten into his head. As for the defense, do you think maybe age is catching up with them? They have a few older veterans in some key positions and could be part of the problem.

Bruschi and Harrison are getting along in age. The defense wasn't all that bad but they're giving up big plays and aren't making the big play themselves. The ability to put a team away from that side of the ball is gone at the moment.

BlackNGold203
09-25-2006, 10:56 AM
I will never underestimate the Pats in any game....but Cincy is way more loaded offensively than Denver....

Run it down their throats....6..7...8..9 minute drives....that has to be your plan...if you get in a shootout its over...

hardwork
09-25-2006, 11:05 AM
I will never underestimate the Pats in any game....but Cincy is way more loaded offensively than Denver....

Run it down their throats....6..7...8..9 minute drives....that has to be your plan...if you get in a shootout its over...

Certainly from anything we've seen so far this year, I agree.

Atlanta Dan
09-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Nothing lasts forever - Pats had a 5 year run from 2001 to 2005 and free agency is intended to catch up with everyone.

Of course the Steelers recent run of 3 AFC championship games and a SB also started in 2001, so inevitable decline might not be a comforting theme given how the Black & Gold and their woeful receiving corps (not knocking a healthy Hines but he is not healthy) have started out this year.

Pats and Steelers may be in similar leaking ships.

Livinginthe past
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Nothing lasts forever - Pats had a 5 year run from 2001 to 2005 and free agency is intended to catch up with everyone.

Of course the Steelers recent run of 3 AFC championship games and a SB also started in 2001, so inevitable decline might not be a comforting theme given how the Black & Gold and their woeful receiving corps (not knocking a healthy Hines but he is not healthy) have started out this year.

Pats and Steelers may be in similar leaking ships.

Sure, free agency is intended to be a handicap to the best teams to promote a balanced league.

As you say, it take a few years of consistent success before the weight comes to bear on teams that have been built in a sensible fashion.

Other teams built on less stable foundations tend to flame out totally after a year or two - Tampa and Tennesee spring to mind.

All teams have weaknesses, its how you deal with those weaknesses that determines your success.

NM

MattsMe
09-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Interesting stat: The Broncos have beat the Patriots 15 times in their last 19 matchups.

Livinginthe past
09-25-2006, 07:49 PM
The Bronco's totally own us without question.

Can't even get an INT off Jake the Snake - thats how bad it is.

NM

CantStop85
09-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Agreed LITP...you have to keep carson and company off the field...and if Dillon is healthy..you may be able to...
No freaking way we let Dillon run all over us...Corey Dillon, you are now part of the Bengals Revenge Tour 2006. :jammin:

tony hipchest
09-26-2006, 11:17 AM
No freaking way we let Dillon run all over us...Corey Dillon, you are now part of the Bengals Revenge Tour 2006. :jammin:matt dillon could run all over the bengals.

sumo
09-26-2006, 12:35 PM
The Bronco's totally own us without question.

Can't even get an INT off Jake the Snake - thats how bad it is.

NM

Branch was a big weapon that brought a lot of balance to the Pats Offense -- Mr Kraft should have found a way to take care of him... Brady is checking off to his backs more than he ever has before -- not good --- Brady won't say anything because he's a team player -- the Pats will always be good -- but with Branch this year they would be Superbowl contenders

Elvis
09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Just like to see the Pats get their butts kicked every time I get the chance...hehheeh
GOBLACKNGOLD!!