PDA

View Full Version : I sure am missin them this season...

SteelersWoman
09-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Just had to say that I sure miss seein Hines' wide smile, Troy's explosive plays, and Big Ben's confidence.

When we see all 3 of things together, we'll know that we're "back".

Buzz05
09-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Hines is frustrated because he is getting double covered, Troy will be back very soon with his shoulder 100% and ben will be a work in progress. I honestly think we need to play a team that we can just exploit so he can start chucking the ball to get his confidence back...all 3 will happen just have faith.

BlackNGold203
09-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Hines is frustrated because he is getting double covered, Troy will be back very soon with his shoulder 100% and ben will be a work in progress. I honestly think we need to play a team that we can just exploit so he can start chucking the ball to get his confidence back...all 3 will happen just have faith.

nice to see someone on this board that still has some faith....

this is a marathon...not a sprint....

its week 3

Buzz05
09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Without faith ....all is lost

SteelerFanInCA
09-25-2006, 12:01 PM
nice to see someone on this board that still has some faith....

this is a marathon...not a sprint....

its week 3

Exactly, you gotta keep the faith.

SteelersNationsfl
09-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Well let's see,

I don't think we have anything to worry about yet.

15-2
15-5
1-2

Those number represent our record including the playoffs and super bowl of the last 2 years and including this year.

31 - 9

Not too much to complain about here. Just look around the league and you'll see much worse to be worried about with a team.

I totally agree with you on your points in this thread. When we finally gel together we'll be back and yes we will be back.

dSharp
09-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Teams will probably stick to Hines like glue until one or two of the other recievers on our team get it going on a consistent basis, which is smart since it's basically taking the safety valve away from Ben's reads.

I think Ben's gaining confidence albeit slowly in our young guys, and he's thrown the ball alot of Cedric (obviously since Hines is being doubled), so things might actually be working in our favor for the long haul.

SteelersWoman
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Even when we played the first game against Miami and won--we didn't see Hines' big smile (still fightin pain in his hammy)--didn't see explosive plays from Troy (still trying to play through pain and with one arm basically), and Big Ben wasn't even able to play in that one. So even on a game we WON we didn't see those three things--so my post had nothing whatsoever to do with our two losses.

In fact, in several other previous posts, I have tried to get others out of what seemed to be a very "down" feeling after the losses by bringin up the positives.

I'm a "mom" by nature, and I worry more about the guys' health, and the pain that they're havin to play through. So when we see those three things that I'm missin, we'll know that they're playin healthy--emotionally and physically. I had just wanted to share that feelin with some fellow Steelers fans, but I guess men and women communicate on the "feeling" level a bit differently lol

But rest assured--what apparently looked like a momentary loss of faith to you fellas, couldn't be further from the truth ;) :smile:

Btrice
09-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm missing the Cowher passion this season. Seems like all three games so far he has phoned in his coaching duties and pulled some real late 80's senile Noll-wellian moves. I'm not saying he has to go, and I will be sad if he does leave after this year, but come on, where is the intensity?

In Cowher We Trust
09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
WE GOTTA KEEP THE FAITH

CrimsonSteeler3443
09-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Cowher does seem different maybe he should shave his chin.

SteelersWoman
09-25-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm missing the Cowher passion this season.

I've seen the same thing. He's achieved the highest of all trophies now, so it's like he's lost that desire to keep pushin forward to achieve it again. I kinda get the feelin that he thinks it's not really worth it... But it might very well be tricklin down to the players spirits. They say no, but I don't believe that to be entirely true. That's not to say they won't come out of their funk about it--I believe they will, but it'll just make it more difficult for them if they don't feel that passion from their coach.

Who knows--maybe somewhere during the coaching season the fever will bite Bill again ;)

I also hope that Joey doesn't let his feelin of not receiving adequate pay affect his fire and performance.

MyCuz64Furness
09-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Hines is frustrated ..................all 3 will happen just have faith.

plus I think the hamstring thing is still bothering him...........I do miss all 3 though:banging: