PDA

View Full Version : Ravens fans sticking up for the elderly...

Buzz05
09-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I actually watched the game down here in Baltimore at a bar. I had to rush to the bar at gametime because for some reason they decided not to show the game down her on network TV. Anyway, theere was a mixture of fans from Steelers, to Bangles, to Colts, to Bears but of course the Ravens outnumbered everyone 5 to 1. They were all actually respectful. I was shocked. Most fo them of course rooted against us but for the most part but they were all cool. I had a good convo about fantasy leagues with the one guy. However, there were of course a few jag-offs. Not to single anyone one out but 3 Bungle fans were getting into it with a little old couple who were proudly waving their Terrible Towels in the corner and not saying much just watchin their team...our team. They would yell and scream at em what not...finally a Ravens fan...yes a Ravens fan stepped in and told them to either shut up and watch the game or get the hell out and that it was a public place. Nice to see Ravens fans with some class and people sticking up for the elderly...on a better note the other small group of Bengles fans actually was ok. They yelled of course but nothing to the extend of the other douche bags. And incase you were wondering I counted about 20 steelers fans in the bar with is classified as a Ravens Roost during the football season and we all actually felt welcomed.

Infamix
09-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Those bungle fans sound like jackasses. I'm glad someone said something

klick81
09-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Why did it take a Ravens fan to stop these dumbasses?

Buzz05
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Because they were right next to them and saw them before any of the Steelers fans in the back could.

omawho
09-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Those bungle fans sound like jackasses. I'm glad someone said something
Sounds like they need the jerk-line at that bar.......:smile: :smile:

HometownGal
09-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Kudos to the Rats fan who stepped in - he wasn't a Ravens fan at that moment - he was a genuinely good human being who wanted to protect an elderly couple. :smile: I have a soft spot for most people in general, but especially for the elderly. Can't stand to see punks taking shots at them.

I attended a Browns v. Steelers game at TRS years ago and was waiting in the concession line at halftime to get a cup of coffee, as it was frigid that day. There was an elderly gent in front of me in line who had two cups of hot coffee in his hands with no lids on them - he was wearing a Browns jacket. Behind me in line were two punks (Steelers fans) who decided to shove me into him on purpose causing the coffee he was holding to spill all over his hands and burn them. The little cretons took off and were headed for one of the ramps close by so I yelled for someone to get this man some help, kicked off my boots and chased them down the ramp - two other guys who were nearby and saw what happened followed me down after them and one of those guys who was a big man tackled both of them at the bottom of the second ramp and we all held them down until security found us a minute or so later, took our names and phone numbers and hauled the kids down to the Security Office to await the police. I was appalled to say the least at their behavior over a game!!!! The 3 of us walked back up the ramps and went back to the concession stand to inquire about the elderly gentleman but was told he had been taken to the First Aid station at the stadium and that his hands were burned pretty badly. Adding insult to injury - someone had stolen my boots - LOL! One of the Araserv employees had an extra pair of Size 12 tennis shoes with him and insisted that I take them to keep my feet warm. I was really grateful for his generosity but I looked like Bozo the Clown for the remainder of the game, as I wear a Size 8-1/2 shoe! :sofunny:

Infamix
09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
^ Also a very good story

floodcitygirl
09-27-2006, 09:25 AM
HTG, you're my new hero! Great story! :jammin:

HometownGal
09-27-2006, 09:29 AM
HTG, you're my new hero! Great story! :jammin:

Thanks, FCG, but I think most people who even have a fraction of heart would have done the same thing (or worse) to these little creeps. I just got a jump-start on 'em. :smile:

klick81
09-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Wow...good job HTG. It's too bad they're "so-called" Steeler fans.

LambertLunatic
09-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Hometowngal, I'm ashamed of you! How can you drink coffee at a Steeler game? That's what beer is for! :tt02:

Mewtwo
09-27-2006, 01:08 PM
bungle fans are jackasses. I'm glad someone said something

Fixed that for ya.

But seriously, just because you're a fan of a rival team doesn't give you the right to mess with those who are fans of said team.

Oddly enough, a Bengals fan came into my arcade yesterday. He played me for stakes in air hockey and I was gracious about it afterwards (even though I did own the crap out of him).

We talked seriously about the teams afterwards, eventually settling on that Caution needs to stop having butterfingers, Colcrap needs to do the same, and either Ben needs to step it up -OR- put in Batch temporarily until he's feeling better.

Preacher
09-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I have a little different take on the Bungle's fans.

Bungle's fans that are not native to Cincy are pretty good. However, there must be something in that run-down cess pool of a town that mentally alters cincy people. I lived in Louisville KY for 4 years, and drove through Cincy twice a week. Everything is different about that town. It is like all the short-buses decided to drop off thier passengers a hundred years ago in cincy.

I have yet to meet one native cincy fan that is actually respectful. Honestly, there is just a simple lack of maturity surrounding all of cincy football. The fans and the players.

floodcitygirl
09-27-2006, 01:46 PM
I have a little different take on the Bungle's fans.

Bungle's fans that are not native to Cincy are pretty good. However, there must be something in that run-down cess pool of a town that mentally alters cincy people. I lived in Louisville KY for 4 years, and drove through Cincy twice a week. Everything is different about that town. It is like all the short-buses decided to drop off thier passengers a hundred years ago in cincy.

I have yet to meet one native cincy fan that is actually respectful. Honestly, there is just a simple lack of maturity surrounding all of cincy football. The fans and the players.Living here in Cincy I can tell you that I have met decent Bengal fans. It's just that those that aren't decent, are so loud and obnoxious that they drown out the normal people. You can't imagine the stuff that has happened to friends since the game on Sunday. I'm talking about being screamed at, cussed at, threatened, and had a couple act like they were going to try to force their cars off the road. All because they have a Steeler flag or window sticker on their car. And this is the way they act when THEY WIN!!! :dang:

Haiku_Dirtt
09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Same is going on out here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The fans that you can single out as being complete jack-asses are the Bengal fans.

They are acting like rival sorority sisters. :yawn: