PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parkers great game...

tony hipchest
09-25-2006, 11:04 AM
...was pissed down the tubes. but he played excellent. he ran with power and turned the corner unlike anyone. notice how bad things seemed to happen when he was off the field? bens 2nd interception was after a long play by willie and he needed a blow. everyone had to know the next play would be a pass. the haynes fumble was late in the game when the steelers were trying to run out the clock and save willie from too many carries. he easilly could have ran the ball 40 times, but unfortunately it increases the risk for injury and the coach doesnt want to wear him out. but still, as a fan you want to see your best weapon on the field and yesterday it was definitely parker.

what impressed me most was his goal line work. he lobbied hard to get these duties, and has definitely proven to be the best man for the job. the steelers locking him up for the long haul was the best thing they couldve done.

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2006, 11:08 AM
When the o-line plays it's game and actually opens up holes, Willie will have a good game. Come to think of it, that's the case with any good RB in the league. That's what makes the "Willie proved his true colors" and "Willie isn't the right man for the job" threads completely sad and comical.

ARKIESTEEL
09-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Parker played great but we need someone to go with him other than Haynes. Dont get me wrong I like Haynes but I just would like to see Davenport get a few tries

tony hipchest
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
When the o-line plays it's game and actually opens up holes, Willie will have a good game. Come to think of it, that's the case with any good RB in the league. That's what makes the "Willie proved his true colors" and "Willie isn't the right man for the job" threads completely sad and comical.thank you. you never hear people say rudi johnson or ladainian tomlinson "can only have a good game against the weak defenses". yet the steelers make a habit of shutting down these backs.

most good running backs struggle against the great defenses. thats why they are the great defenses. willie is no different. and im thinking he wont be the only back jacksonvill shuts down this year. i havent checked the box score but i think they squashed the colts running effort yesterday.

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2006, 11:18 AM
In 20 attempts, the Colts (Rhodes, Addai, Manning) had 63 rushing yards.

SteelerFanInCA
09-25-2006, 12:56 PM
It was great to see Willie and our "O" line bounce back. Hopefully he will use this game to continue to build his confidence down the road. I was pretty impressed with his goal line carries as well.