PDA

View Full Version : Ben was not alone.....

24seven
09-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Did anyone else notice the list of quarterbacks that had there last game winning drives stopped by a turnover?? I was watching the shortcuts and next thing i know there's like a group of qb's that screwed the pooch in the final seconds..

Ben- Interception in the end zone (could have tied)
Charlie Fry - Interception in the end zone (could have won)
Kurt Warner - Fumbled (could have won)
Byron Leftwich - Interception (could have tied)
Kerry Collins - Interception (could have won)
Brad Johnson - handoff fumbled (not neccesarily his fault but could have won)

You could even throw Tom Brady into the mix as he threw a horrilbe pass to end the game for N.E.. So don't feel so bad about Ben.. We could have had Eli Manning throwin 5 int's for us instead of 3.. Ben wasn't the only one to make mistakes and the only thing any of them can do is to forget about it and move on.. Find ways to avoid that from happening and never let it happen again.. i'm talkin to you Ben.. yes.. YOU! :tt02: :tt02: :wave:

19ward86
09-26-2006, 07:37 AM
eli didnt throw 5 int. but that is interesting

HometownGal
09-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Ben wasn't the only one to make mistakes and the only thing any of them can do is to forget about it and move on..

Exactly. With the exception of a rare occurrence, a team wins as a team and loses as a team as well, and our loss to the Bengals on Sunday was no different. As is with life in general - live and learn from your mistakes, re-group, re-focus, move forward and leave the past behind. :tt02:

sumo
09-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Do any of you long time fans remember the Bradshaw days? -- the guy brought four rings to Pittsburgh but he had some bad days and threw a lot of picks... I know it's a different era now and the game is played differently -- but Ben is fine -- he is going to be great for a lot of years... even with the occassional off games -- I will still take Bradshaw in the 70s and Ben in the 10s over any other QBs of that era or this one...

Haiku_Dirtt
09-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Of course Ben was not alone. It was a horrible game for him and no one knows that more than Ben himself.

What is inexcusable - and Ben knows this too - is that with a first and goal from the 6 yard and the opportunity to go up 14 on the Bengals - essentially the ball game right there - threading a needle is not the right decision. 3rd down okay.

Ben was not alone. But if you were to single out the most critical component of the loss you'd have to be wearing blinders if you overlooked the anemic QB performance.

But all that means is that Ben is not Superman and bouncing back from near-death experiences does take time. What a shocker.

HEREWEGO
09-26-2006, 05:25 PM
247 that is a sweet bowl man...where did you get it

Infamix
09-26-2006, 06:56 PM
That's a really good point 247, you have me looking at things even more optimistically now. What's even better, is that bowl in your sig:banana: :banana:

stunta86
09-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Did anyone else notice the list of quarterbacks that had there last game winning drives stopped by a turnover?? I was watching the shortcuts and next thing i know there's like a group of qb's that screwed the pooch in the final seconds..

Ben- Interception in the end zone (could have tied)
Charlie Fry - Interception in the end zone (could have won)
Kurt Warner - Fumbled (could have won)
Byron Leftwich - Interception (could have tied)
Kerry Collins - Interception (could have won)
Brad Johnson - handoff fumbled (not neccesarily his fault but could have won)

You could even throw Tom Brady into the mix as he threw a horrilbe pass to end the game for N.E.. So don't feel so bad about Ben.. We could have had Eli Manning throwin 5 int's for us instead of 3.. Ben wasn't the only one to make mistakes and the only thing any of them can do is to forget about it and move on.. Find ways to avoid that from happening and never let it happen again.. i'm talkin to you Ben.. yes.. YOU! :tt02: :tt02: :wave:

aside from bryon leftwich i don't think i'd want to be comparing ben to the rest of those bums......

i find it funny how ppl keep coming up with stuff to make themselves feel better about bens bad game......it's week 3 for crying out loud....no one should be worrying no matter what

SteelCityMan786
09-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Exactly. With the exception of a rare occurrence, a team wins as a team and loses as a team as well, and our loss to the Bengals on Sunday was no different. As is with life in general - live and learn from your mistakes, re-group, re-focus, move forward and leave the past behind. :tt02:

Well said. My Junior High football team I play for is 0-4, but that's not gonna stop me from looking forward to doing better the next week. The Steelers can do the same. I think the Steelers do what many doubt what they can do. Go between 11-2 to 13-0 to end the season That'll give em a good spot in the playoffs.

clevestinks
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Some how it doesn`t make me feel any better. But at least we weren`t the only ones bumming. With thier losses it was do or die. With ours we still needed a two point conversion/