PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Kurt Warner

sumo
09-25-2006, 04:51 PM
I know there are probably no Cardinals fans anywhere near here besides myself -- they are the only team I follow closely besides the Steelers -but I want to throw this out-because I have no desire to discuss the Bengals today -- anybody no what the deal is with Warner?!!

He kind of reminds me of Maddox -- he had a major concussion and hand injury the year after his MVP season and he has never been the same -- he shows flashes of his MVP form here and there -- but he fumbles and makes more careless mistakes than any other QB in the league -- I have a feeling that Leinart could be the next Big Ben -- I want to see him play soon...

stunta86
09-25-2006, 05:14 PM
i'd rather have maddox than warner....they need to just throw matt in there cause warner is just gonna hold them back

PisnNapalm
09-25-2006, 06:08 PM
See the Brett Favre thread for my opinions on Warner.

*cough* retire *cough*

sumo
09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
i'd rather have maddox than warner....they need to just throw matt in there cause warner is just gonna hold them back

Brutal!! -- there probably isn't much difference

CantStop85
09-25-2006, 07:05 PM
anybody no what the deal is with Warner?!!
Simple: the same deal as with Edge...there's nothing closely resembling an O-Line in front of them.

sumo
09-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Simple: the same deal as with Edge...there's nothing closely resembling an O-Line in front of them.

I still think they should give Leinart a start -- their O-Line does suck -- but he has had some inexplicable fumbles and picks that have nothing to do with his protection -- last week against the Seahawks - he lifts his leg on a silent count and then looks away -- the snap bounces off his freakin chest! -- he has 2 or 3 moments like this per game -- Tommy Maddox concussion syndrome

jaysta
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I still think they should give Leinart a start -- their O-Line does suck -- but he has had some inexplicable fumbles and picks that have nothing to do with his protection -- last week against the Seahawks - he lifts his leg on a silent count and then looks away -- the snap bounces off his freakin chest! -- he has 2 or 3 moments like this per game -- Tommy Maddox concussion syndrome

Maybe he just forgot that he had called for a silent count. He is getting up there in years. LOL

Tankus_Maximus
09-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Without an O-Line, yer dead in the water.

sumo
09-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Without an O-Line, yer dead in the water.

Speak of the devil -- there are rumors flying around ESPN that Leinart is going to get the start against the Falcons -- my prediction is Matt will be the next Big Ben and the Cardinals will start to click -- Superbowl XLI -- Pittsburgh vs Arizona

Interceptor
09-26-2006, 12:34 PM
There is so much invested in Leinart, why risk him with a non-existent O-line?

sumo
09-26-2006, 12:42 PM
There is so much invested in Leinart, why risk him with a non-existent O-line?

He's got feet -- Warner makes that O-Line look worse than it is because he can't move to save his life -- everybody was saying that about the Giants Offensive line when he was getting sacked a 100 times a game and fumbling -- Eli comes in and the focus shifted right back to what the QB was doing -- Leinart will be the next Big Ben -- but you make a good point in that the Falcons will be coming off a loss at home -- maybe not the best time to throw him in....

Ambridge
09-26-2006, 02:28 PM

Supposedly James has been grumbling lately about his personal lack of production on the ground.

Hey Edge!! Maybe if you would have wiped those $$$$$$$$$$ out of your eyes before signing that big free agent deal in Arizona you would have seen that you weren't going to do squat in a Cardinals uniform behind that putrid O-line.

steelfan 92
09-26-2006, 02:57 PM
warner has been a fumbler his whole career, he did it with the rams and the giants, now he is doing it with the cardinals. an o-line would help, but i think kurt is just skiddish from all the punishment he has taken. might be time for a change to matt, but if matt does not get it done, it is time to blow up the line and start again.

california raider thug
09-30-2006, 08:01 AM
He sucks just like your Steelers

Hines0wnz
10-01-2006, 11:03 PM
He sucks just like your Steelers

YaY for 0 and 3!!!

Hines0wnz
10-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Supposedly James has been grumbling lately about his personal lack of production on the ground.

Hey Edge!! Maybe if you would have wiped those $$$$$$$$$$ out of your eyes before signing that big free agent deal in Arizona you would have seen that you weren't going to do squat in a Cardinals uniform behind that putrid O-line.

True, Arizona should have spent the money on an O-line instead of Edge. But this is why Arizona sucks as a franchise and its too bad because they have great talent at WR.