PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Alexander out Indefinately

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Seahawks' Alexander out indefinitely with foot fracture
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Seahawks lost reigning MVP Shaun Alexander indefinitely after X-rays revealed a small crack in his left foot.

Alexander missed two days of practice last week because of the foot injury believed to have been sustained during a tackle in the Arizona Cardinals game in Week 2. Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who announced the injury Monday, wasn't sure which part of Sunday's game against the Giants that Alexander suffered further injury to the foot.

Holmgren isn't sure how long Alexander will be out but it's possible he could miss a month. Holmgren said Alexander's injury is a non-displaced fracture of the foot.

Maurice Morris will be the starter in Alexander's absence. The Seahawks have a bye week following Sunday's game against the Bears in a matchup of 3-0 teams.

Alexander rushed for 47 yards and a touchdown in Seattle's 42-30 victory over the New York Giants.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602571

stunta86
09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
madden strikes again

boLT fan
09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Madden curse anyone?

Ambridge
09-25-2006, 05:40 PM
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/01/46/33/15/0001463315229_215X215.jpg

That's a little freaky.
The promo/mock box out in the DC area earlier this year had Clinton Portis on the cover.

Livinginthe past
09-25-2006, 05:48 PM
I was amazed watching the NY/Seattle game that Holmgren was keeping Alexander in there when the game was already iced.

Im no doctor, but it was obvious to be that he wasnt moving comfortably between the scrimmage and the sidelines.

Thats a massive misjudgement - if I was a Hawks fan i'd be pretty pissed right now

NM

SteelCityMan786
09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Uh oh. The Curse STRUCK AGAIN.

sumo
09-25-2006, 06:58 PM
I was amazed watching the NY/Seattle game that Holmgren was keeping Alexander in there when the game was already iced.

Im no doctor, but it was obvious to be that he wasnt moving comfortably between the scrimmage and the sidelines.

Thats a massive misjudgement - if I was a Hawks fan i'd be pretty pissed right now

NM

No sh--!! -- I was watching and saw him limping to the sidelines after every carry well into the 4th quarter -- what the hell was Holmgren thinking...

Infamix
09-25-2006, 07:02 PM
I always thought Shaun Alexander was a good runningback...not a great one. I believe his success last year was a product of one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. (see Larry Johnson with the chiefs last year, compared to this year) Maybe I'm wrong, we will see.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Was watching Stan Savran's show today and he mentioned the Alexander injury made the comment that Holmgren will probably blame that one on the refs..... :sofunny:

tony hipchest
09-26-2006, 11:02 AM

NMshaun missed the whole week of practice with what was thought to be a bone bruise. im not sure but i dont think you can aggrivate a bruise and turn it into a fracture. im thinking it was a fracture in the 1st place.

while this seems to be a disaster there were many who believed morris could step in for alexander if he left for free agency. of course this was probably with the assumption of having hutchinson still there.

anyways it was rickey watters having a really good year, who got hurt and opened the door for alexander, who didnt miss a beat. seattles offens has already kind of geared up with the multiple wr sets with the loss of stevens and the addition of branch. look for branch to carry some of the lload of the running game in typical west coast fashion.

also, it is said that morris is the better receiving back and blocker in the backfield. i think he will hold the fort down fine until alexander returns. sure they may lose a game but holmgren will know how to properly adjust and use what hes got to see them through this.

reelsteel
09-26-2006, 11:09 AM
wow this madden curse is freaky i heard about this then i looked at all of my games lol and yep everyone on there has gotten hurt.

That is freaky!