PDA

View Full Version : We were 3-2 last year.

bozz723
09-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Just to remind you guys, we were 3-2 last year. We will be 3-2 this year barring a miracle by the chargers. There is no possible way phillip rivers can beat us. The rest of our schedule we need to take one game at a time, we will be 3-2 this year. We will win the AFC again.

CrimsonSteeler3443
09-25-2006, 07:26 PM
True dat.

As long as Colclough isn't back there F####n up our S***.

SteelCityMan786
09-25-2006, 07:36 PM
More positivity. I like it. We can go 14-2 for crying out lound.

Infamix
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm going to leave some room for error and say we go 12-4. But seriously, the Steelers are a very good team...I don't care what the power rankings say. The o-line/parker played so well, the defense stopped the run and made plays. Once Ben and the recievers are back in rythm, this Steelers football team will be a force to reckon with.

sumo
09-25-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm going to leave some room for error and say we go 12-4. But seriously, the Steelers are a very good team...I don't care what the power rankings say. The o-line/parker played so well, the defense stopped the run and made plays. Once Ben and the recievers are back in rythm, this Steelers football team will be a force to reckon with.

:iagree:
The Steelers under Cowher for whatever reason have never been quick starters -- they always seem to get on a roll around mid season -- the year we played Dallas in the Superbowl, I think we started 1-3 -- I don't ever reference the online databases - just going on memory - so feel free to correct me -- but when we went 7-5 last year, I still had a lot of hope based on previous years under the Chin

Infamix
09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
:iagree:
The Steelers under Cowher for whatever reason have never been quick starters -- they always seem to get on a roll around mid season -- the year we played Dallas in the Superbowl, I think we started 1-3 -- I don't ever reference the online databases - just going on memory - so feel free to correct me -- but when we went 7-5 last year, I still had a lot of hope based on previous years under the Chin

good point dude...yeah the Steelers definately get hot mid-season

HometownGal
09-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Just to remind you guys, we were 3-2 last year. We will be 3-2 this year barring a miracle by the chargers. There is no possible way phillip rivers can beat us. The rest of our schedule we need to take one game at a time, we will be 3-2 this year. We will win the AFC again.

Good post and great attitude and spirit bozz! :tt02:

We were 7-5 last season at the 12 game mark and we all know what happened in the weeks that followed. :smile: :cheers:

This team believes in themselves and I believe in them, too, as I know we all do. As you so correctly stated, bozz - one game, one week at a time.

LarryNJ
09-25-2006, 10:51 PM

I agree and think ben and the recievers will get their act together. My bigger concern is special teams. It's a huge part of the game and they haven't showed me anything to believe they'll be ok.

Statik
09-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Seriously, everyone is going crazy because we lost to two good teams early. It is not time to write the boys off. Jax played us very well, and they deserved to win that one. Cincy, we handed them that game. Our defense is playing excellent, minus the corners, as we always seem to be suspect there. Troy still is not 100%, Ben's timing is off and he's trying to hard. We just haven't clicked yet. This bye week will be good for everyone, get everyone healed up and focused. And get Ben some hella reps with the WR's. We'll be fine.

jaysta
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Things are going to be just fine. Really it's hard to judge a team until about the 4th week of the season. :tt02:

Statik
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Oh, btw, to Cincy, they've already won their superbowl, beating us in our house. They will get lax and someone is going to come out of nowhere and beat the hell out of them, some tier II team.

Elvis
09-26-2006, 05:05 PM
I am just wondering why Reid hasnt been active for any games yet since he looked so good returning kicks in the preseason... Ricardo and Tyrone Carter shouldnt have never made this team.. I cant stand either one of them and I also think that Mike Logan is just taking up space... The Jags have a great defense, so I dont feel bad about losiing to them at all... The O line just didnt get it done and Ben Struggled and that is not a good combo...against the Bengals Ben just made too many mistakes and he has got to get a rythym somewhere soon.. I just think we Need a deep threat at wr BADLY!!!!

theropodx
09-27-2006, 01:23 AM
ahhhh...a thread with some sanity. We lost two games that could have been turned by single plays each. If the ball had bounced our way we'd be sitting 3-0 and everyone would be going on about how steelers and ben rock.

I'm bummed about watching us lose two games, but not worried about the 1-2 record.

Look out chargers, you're goin down!

augustashark
09-27-2006, 01:31 AM
ahhhh...a thread with some sanity. We lost two games that could have been turned by single plays each. If the ball had bounced our way we'd be sitting 3-0 and everyone would be going on about how steelers and ben rock.

I'm bummed about watching us lose two games, but not worried about the 1-2 record.

Look out chargers, you're goin down!

I'm right there with ya, we need to remember that there is a long way to go. I think it is fine to get a little upset and to be afraid of failure! Fear of failure is a great motivator.

clevestinks
09-27-2006, 09:14 AM
I think we can go to 3-2. But its not a given. Ben and co. will really have to come together quickly.

Tankus_Maximus
09-27-2006, 10:21 AM
I agree with just about everybody on this thread. I think the special teams has been an area of concern all year. I'm just not excited about playing SD, it's gonna be like looking in the mirror when we play them. Their D is just as good as ours, it's younger! I know that. Great running game. Gonna be tough.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! HERE WE GO!!

RoethlisBURGHer
09-27-2006, 05:17 PM

I totally agree.

When we beat the Chargers,that'll show the world that the MEN OF STEEL are back and ready to ROLL.