PDA

View Full Version : No worries about Ben...just look back

benophile
09-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Worried about Ben's INTs? I'm not after reading this bit from ESPN.COM'S bio on Terry Bradshaw:

"Statistics don't tell his story. He never led the NFL in passing yards and THREW ONLY TWO MORE TOUCHDOWN PASSES THAN INTERCEPTIONS IN HIS CAREER. All Terry Bradshaw did was win.

"The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder retired after the 1983 season with 27,989 yards passing, 212 touchdowns, 210 interceptions and a completion rate of 51.9 percent. In 1989, Bradshaw was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

SteelShooter
09-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Awesome post.............Thanks for the factoids. Kudo's/Reps to ya! :thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
09-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Its a slightly different game now for QB's than it was back then.

The further you go back in history the worse the TD:INT ratio gets, even for the best QB's

If Ben only ends up with 2 more TD's than INT's then he wont be going to the HOF and I doubt whether the Steelers will be going to any more SB's

NM

stunta86
09-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Its a slightly different game now for QB's than it was back then.

The further you go back in history the worse the TD:INT ratio gets, even for the best QB's

If Ben only ends up with 2 more TD's than INT's then he wont be going to the HOF and I doubt whether the Steelers will be going to any more SB's

NM

he'd be a third stringer for the worse team in the league if he had stats like that

I.C. Lights
09-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Bradshaw also played with huge athletic wide outs and one of the best Ds ever.

SteelerMurf
09-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Anyone catch Tunch Ilkin?

The long bomb, was actually a nice read on a 1 on 1 to Wilson who was streaking, the wind beat it down and he stepped on a foot and fell while throwing.

It appeared he threw into double coverage, but he really didn't it just appeared that way cause of the punt like throw.

The 1st INT was a case of Miller not selling real well on the run, the linebacker slowed him up with a tiny hold.

Then they replayed all the drops at critical times....man it could have just been a blowout.

jaysta
09-25-2006, 09:36 PM
he'd be a third stringer for the worse team in the league if he had stats like that

...or he and Kurt Warner could trade cell phone numbers to discuss where to go next.

stunta86
09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Anyone catch Tunch Ilkin?

The long bomb, was actually a nice read on a 1 on 1 to Wilson who was streaking, the wind beat it down and he stepped on a foot and fell while throwing.

It appeared he threw into double coverage, but he really didn't it just appeared that way cause of the punt like throw.

The 1st INT was a case of Miller not selling real well on the run, the linebacker slowed him up with a tiny hold.

Then they replayed all the drops at critical times....man it could have just been a blowout.

i love those excuses, i might have to use those next time i have to defend ben to my friends......

SteelerMurf
09-25-2006, 10:15 PM
i love those excuses, i might have to use those next time i have to defend ben to my friends......

Just the facts.

Did he or did he not step and fall? Was Wilson in single coverage with the safety helping underneath, not overtop at the time of the throw?

Did you even watch an endzone view of Miller getting tied up

You are commenting on a segment you didn't even see. You can call them excuses, I call them facts.

Also, is it a fact Washington dropped a ball in the endzone?

Is it a fact Wilson and Washington both dropped first down passes?

These are facts, not excuses.

X-Terminator
09-25-2006, 11:25 PM

Are you doubting Tunch Ilkin? Plus, did you watch the game? On the second INT, Ben did in fact slip down on his follow through. You go out and try and throw a pass and slip, and see how accurate you are. And yes, the wind was a factor for both QBs yesterday - a MAJOR factor. All of the points sans 3 were scored with the wind - the only ones that weren't was Jeff Reed's FG late. Plus, did you see Carson's first INT? He threw that pass into the wind and it looked like it knocked that ball straight down so that Townsend had an easy pick.

Yes folks, I can see the wolves circling...the fans are about to do to Ben what they did to Maddox, Kordell, Bradshaw and every other QB that's ever played here. His leading the team to the SB last season means absolutely nothing - it's typical "what have you done for me lately" fandom.

I hate to say I told you so...but I told you so.

stunta86
09-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Are you doubting Tunch Ilkin? Plus, did you watch the game? On the second INT, Ben did in fact slip down on his follow through. You go out and try and throw a pass and slip, and see how accurate you are. And yes, the wind was a factor for both QBs yesterday - a MAJOR factor. All of the points sans 3 were scored with the wind - the only ones that weren't was Jeff Reed's FG late. Plus, did you see Carson's first INT? He threw that pass into the wind and it looked like it knocked that ball straight down so that Townsend had an easy pick.

Yes folks, I can see the wolves circling...the fans are about to do to Ben what they did to Maddox, Kordell, Bradshaw and every other QB that's ever played here. His leading the team to the SB last season means absolutely nothing - it's typical "what have you done for me lately" fandom.

I hate to say I told you so...but I told you so.

palmer had 4tds so the wind couldn't be affecting to much. the fact is ben isn't himself and he sucked these last two games wind or no wind. hopefully in 2 weeks we'll all get to see the real ben

i just don't try to make every excuse in the book...

X-Terminator
09-25-2006, 11:43 PM
palmer had 4tds so the wind couldn't be affecting to much. the fact is ben isn't himself and he sucked these last two games wind or no wind. hopefully in 2 weeks we'll all get to see the real ben

i just don't try to make every excuse in the book...

All 4 of Palmer's TDs came with the wind. Both INTs came against the wind, though of course the second one wasn't his fault other than the pass was high and behind Chris Henry. When all of the scoring is done in one direction on a windy day, that tells you that it was a factor. On top of that, both kickers benefitted greatly from the wind, as both were kicking balls deep on kickoffs all day with the wind, especially Graham. It's not excuse-making, it's fact.

No, Ben isn't himself and I've already posted as such. I'm just not going to throw him under a bus like some other fans are and I believe he will turn it around. He knows he's played like crap and doesn't need us to tell him that.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-26-2006, 12:01 AM

Those are not excuses they are facts... he did slip or trip, whatever on the 1 int. There were some critical drops. There were also bad passes.

Did you ever stop to think about what he's been through the last few months?? First the accident and recovery time... time usually spent getting on the same page as the recievers, not to mention working out and getting in game shape. Then another 2 weeks off for surgery at probably the most important time of preseason... He may not be lighting the world o fire right now but I believe ther are plenty of reasons!!

BTW Please watch your step while jumping on and off of the bandwagon!!

19ward86
09-26-2006, 07:39 AM
he was inducted for his superbowl wins not his skill, sorry guys

Livinginthe past
09-26-2006, 09:55 AM
he was inducted for his superbowl wins not his skill, sorry guys

I think its fair to say there might be some connection between your QB's 'skills' and your teams ability to win multiple Superbowls.

NM