PDA

View Full Version : T.O's mystery trip to emergency room

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Now what :yawn:

Report: T.O. taken to emergency room, reason unknown
September 27, 2006

DALLAS (AP) -- Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room for an undisclosed reason Tuesday night, and doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys receiver were trying to induce vomiting, according to a television report.

Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew to Baylor Medical Center, Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT reported, citing sources the television station did not identify. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not immediately returned Tuesday night. The hospital told the AP that they do not have a patient registered by Owens' name.

KTVT said a Dallas police spokesperson was en route to the hospital to talk about a "high profile case."

HometownGal
09-27-2006, 09:48 AM
At first I thought maybe Bledsoe had coated T.O.'s Blow Pop with aresenic, but I came across this story.....

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9689167

DALLAS (Sept. 27, 2006) -- Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens was hospitalized Tuesday night after suffering an allergic reaction to pain medication likely being taken for his broken right hand, according to newspaper and broadcast reports.

"This is not serious," Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge said in Wednesday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Repeated calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not returned. A hospital spokeswoman told the AP early Wednesday that there was not a patient registered by the name Terrell Owens; however, federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

Owens' status for Sunday's game against Tennessee was not immediately known. He was expected to practice Wednesday for the first time since breaking the bone leading to his right ring finger a week ago Sunday night. The next day, a plate was screwed in, protecting the bone so it can heal without further damage.

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells previously has said that Owens' pain medication had made him ill.

Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT, citing sources it did not identify, reported that Owens was taken to Baylor University Medical Center by a fire rescue crew, and that doctors were trying to induce vomiting. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Earlier Tuesday, Parcells said he expected Owens to rejoin his teammates at practice Wednesday and would start Sunday in Tennessee if he proves he can play.

"It's just, can he withstand the pain of catching the ball?" Parcells said. "When he can stand it, he can play."

The Cowboys had a bye last weekend, so Owens has yet to miss a game because of this injury. He's repeatedly said he'll play Oct. 8, when he gets to face his former team, the Eagles, in Philadelphia.

tony hipchest
09-27-2006, 09:55 AM
at first i thought that ryan clark hit chris henry so hard it made him AND T.O. puke. :sofunny:

but it could be much more somber. thismorning it was reported that he had an adverse reaction to his painkillers for his hand, but did t.o. try to kill himself? i just caught the back end of a conversation on sirius and they were saying a reported leak from the dallas police dept. "better be true" if they were gonna say something that severe. callers were talking about bi polarism and sending their prayers to t.o. and his family.

when you hear "this isnt about t.o. the football player, this is about t.o. the human being" you can only assume he tried to kill himself.

again all this depends on if these allegations and the leak of info is true but if its coming from emergency responders you kinda believe it.

tony hipchest
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
i just heard the update.

WFAA channel 8 out of dallas broke the story that T.O. took his full perscription of vicodin (-5 pills which he had actually used to controll the pain). 35 pills. when asked if he took them to "hurt himself" he replied yes.

however his camp is still maintaining it was a reaction. an empty bottle of a perscription filled a few days ago and whatever they pumped out of his stomach is all thats needed to prove otherwise.

Man_Of_Steel
09-27-2006, 10:07 AM
There is no way he tried to kill himself. This is just another way to draw attention to himself. I don't believe it at all. He's an attention w h o r e.

PisnNapalm
09-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Ummm.... maybe he did try. Too bad it didn't work.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15021827/

alittlejazzbird
09-27-2006, 10:15 AM
The Dallas police would not report it as a suicide attempt if they didn't have good reason to believe it to be true. A tabloid, I wouldn't believe...the police are a different story.

Of course he did it for attention. Anyone who tries to take their own life (in the presence of someone else, as he apparently did in front of a "woman companion") is crying for attention. And anyone who lives their life as T.O. does, in a narcissistic self-absorbed bubble and surrounded by hangers-on and "yes" people who tell him how fabulous he is and use him for whatever they can get, is generally desperate for attention and probably deeply lonely. That persona of his would be hard to maintain 24/7.

T.O. looks for the spotlight like few other public professionals. But it's obvious there's a lot more going on underneath that flamboyant exterior of his. And he needs help. Whether he can get it, or WILL get it, is another story.

floodcitygirl
09-27-2006, 10:23 AM
If that's really what happened then he has my prayers. This goes way beyond football.

tony hipchest
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
The Dallas police would not report it as a suicide attempt if they didn't have good reason to believe it to be true. A tabloid, I wouldn't believe...the police are a different story.

Of course he did it for attention. Anyone who tries to take their own life (in the presence of someone else, as he apparently did in front of a "woman companion") is crying for attention. And anyone who lives their life as T.O. does, in a narcissistic self-absorbed bubble and surrounded by hangers-on and "yes" people who tell him how fabulous he is and use him for whatever they can get, is generally desperate for attention and probably deeply lonely. That persona of his would be hard to maintain 24/7.

T.O. looks for the spotlight like few other public professionals. But it's obvious there's a lot more going on underneath that flamboyant exterior of his. And he needs help. Whether he can get it, or WILL get it, is another story.excellent points. this almost mirrors exactly when deion sanders tried to kill himself. same personality types and everything.

steelfan 92
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
i'll wait till all the facts come out before i past judgement on TO. There are so many other ways to bring attention to yourself other than trying to kill yourself. i think he has had mental issues for a long long time. to me he does not seem like the kind of person to try and kill himself unless something was seriously wrong.

Petesburgh66
09-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Police: Cowboys receiver Owens tried to kill himself with pills

Sep. 27, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

DALLAS -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened. Advertisement

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, 'Yes."'

Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.

Owens is recovering from a broken right hand he hurt a week ago Sunday. He had an operation the next day to have a plate screwed in, enabling the bone to heal without being further injured. Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.

The Cowboys were off this past weekend and Owens was back at practice Tuesday, although he worked out on his own. Parcells said Owens' hand was improving and he was expected back on the practice field Wednesday. Owens chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room Tuesday afternoon and seemed fine.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill -- who mostly deals with troubled players -- said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Monday, but did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from the Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9689200

PisnNapalm
09-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I suppose.... But now we're gonna be subjected to how many freakin hours of news coverage by EVERYONE about TO and his mental breakdown.

ugh... It's enough to make me want to smash my tv.

klick81
09-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Then just put your Superbowl run DVD on.

If he did try to hurt himself, I hope he gets the help he's crying out for. Like it's already been said: This goes way beyond football.

Justin Otstott
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Ummm.... maybe he did try. Too bad it didn't work.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15021827/

Thats ****ed up man, why would u say that?

Lyn
09-27-2006, 12:43 PM
:tt02: I think all football fans are growing very weary of the sport they love, football, turned into a circus by this man. If he has problems, they should have been recognized by the doctors and qualified trainers that Dallas employs. Hell, I recognized he was a headcase 3 or 4 years ago and I am not qualified. It is ridiculous to turn this man's problems into a circus and replay it before every game, during every game and on all the news spots. If he needs help, get him off the football field and into the mental ward where he belongs.

PisnNapalm
09-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Thats ****ed up man, why would u say that?

Because I live in the Philadelphia area and EVERYTHING having to do with T.O. gets covered by EVERY single media outlet until you want to :banging:.

His pitiful life will now draw the headlines and all the sympathies of everyone... Awe... boohoo... poor me. I'm T.O. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Give me a break. Someone hand him a 9mm and teach him to play Russian Roulette.

Atlanta Dan
09-27-2006, 02:25 PM
I know the answer is if you do not like what is on change the channel, but more and more "sports" coverage in general and "all T.O. all the time" in particular has more in common with subjects such as "are Brad and Angelina going to have a baby" than it does with sports.

T.O. is one disturbed guy - if it is true that his "suicide attempt" was undertaken with someone present (who could immediately call for help) this looks like his latest and most extreme grab for publicity since he is in clear decline as a player.

Too bad ESPN and others are treating this as the equivalent of September 11.

Man_Of_Steel
09-27-2006, 02:30 PM
They just showed TO leaving his house in his Escalade smiling away at all of the media. They are showing it on CNN if you don't believe me. This is ridiculous and blown out of proportion.

HE'S AN ATTENTION W H O R E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with him!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
09-27-2006, 03:26 PM
if he did try to kill himself he wouldve been kept for observation for more than 24 hours. sirius just reported that deion sanders (who is his friend and close to situation like this) spoke to owens and he says it wasnt a suicide attempt.

im sure he dont mind the attention either way coming off a bye week. if people think hes suicidal it will drive up book sales. it could very well be a publicity stunt.

Lyn
09-27-2006, 03:30 PM
<it could very well be a publicity stunt.>

Gee, you think?:banana:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-27-2006, 03:57 PM
<it could very well be a publicity stunt.>

Gee, you think?:banana:

If it turns out that's all it was then he is worthy of the tile TRUE MENTAL CASE. What a sick bastard he's worse than a 2 year old.

atrus20
09-27-2006, 04:01 PM
He saw how much attention Ben, Palmer and Sims received for going to the hospital he just had to cash in...

HometownGal
09-27-2006, 04:03 PM
If that's really what happened then he has my prayers. This goes way beyond football.

I'm right with you there. Yes, he's an ass and an AW, but underneath it all, he's a human being first and foremost. If this story turns out to be true, I hope he gets the help he so obviously needs.

tony hipchest
09-27-2006, 04:05 PM
he just did a press conference and the story is over. he did not try to kill himself. he didnt take 35 pills. he mixed his medicine with his suppliments and it made him sick and incoherent which explains why he said "yes" to medical responders when asked if he was trying to hurt himself.

he said he just worked out and wants to play on sunday. what a trooper!

Lyn
09-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Will wonders never cease? ESPN radio is talking about sports! If you can get to espnradio.com, you shoul dlisten to this commentator, he is a lil POed LOL Damn media something blew up in their faca, I think it is funny.

:thumbsup: