PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis- Got Accountability?

tony hipchest
09-27-2006, 10:02 AM
bill cowher sure seemed pissed that his players commited some 15 yard penalties. could you imagine how heads would roll if they actually committed crimes? (from his post game interview):

Why did the team have so many taunting penalties?

I will accept responsibility. That will not happen again. That's on me. It will not happen again.[/

Was Mike Logan's taunting penalty stupid or selfish?

Both. Stupid, selfish, both of those. Just like the celebration. There is no reason for those things. Like I said, it will not happen again.

and heres how marvin lewis's press conferences went.

Marvin, after the win sunday odell thurman, who is already suspended for 4 games for violating the leagues substance abuse policy, was arrested for D.U.I. your thoughts?

Well, i feel much better about the situation now that ive seen we can win without him. I was really worried about that.

will there be any punishment?

Uhhhm. I am not a disciplinarian, so you will have to ask the league about that. I will let the league handle that.

are you concerned that chris henry was in the car with him?

Did you see his 2 td's against the steelers?

but marvin, he is on probation and was seen puking out the window.

Listen, i care for my players and dont want to see them in harms way. I advised him to quit drinking that Olde English 800, and to drink the good stuff like Colt 45

was henry stupid or selfish getting arrested for supplying alcohol to and sleeping with 2 underage girls?

Extrememly selfish. "It aint no fun, if the homies cant get none."

what did you say in regards to his possession of marijuana?

"I got 5 on it", and "puff, puff, give"

and his weapons charge?

Like i said before, i care for my players and i dont wanna see my players in harms way. thats on me. He will not be arrested again. I advised him to buy a silencer for his gat, that way if he has to bust a cap, it will not attract the police so quickly and he can make a clean get away. the bengals organization will not stand for this bad publicity. this is not what were about.

:toofunny:

HometownGal
09-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow - I'm flabbergasted! :jawdrop: This guy has the class of a doorknob and is about as sharp as a bowling ball. :rolleyes: If Cowher took on that kind of attitude with his players and problem children, I'd be embarrassed to have him as my team's HC. I almost have some empathy for Bengals fans......almost.

19ward86
09-27-2006, 02:39 PM
that is clearly a joke, if not i am astounded. but marvin lewis isnt that funny so it has to be a joke.

HometownGal
09-27-2006, 02:53 PM
If that is a joke, damn it, Tony - you got me! :sofunny:

tony hipchest
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
If that is a joke, damn it, Tony - you got me! :sofunny:sorry gal. the cowher quotes are real and taken from his weekly post game press conference. i just made the other stuff up. i figured the titles of rap songs in quotes would give it away.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
That was some funny shit.

If Lewis did ever do a press conferance like that,I would be rolling all over the floor laughing my ass off in hysterics.

Infamix
09-27-2006, 04:05 PM
haha that was hilarious

stillers4me
09-27-2006, 04:27 PM
I knew it was a joke........BUT what I got out of the real interview was that Lewis wasn't worried because they are 3-0 without him,. If they were 0-3, you can bet Lewis would be moving heaven and earth to get Odel playing again. Chris Henry will get another pass and I hope he takes the whole team down with him.

WhoDey Nation
09-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Sounds like Steeler fans are still upset about the game. Marvin Lewis is not a babysitter and his words can only go so far. Why should the Bengals get rid of great talent like Henry and Thurman? So the Steelers or some other team can pick them up? Don't act like you wouldn't love having those two on your team. Enough with all the off the field BS, when it comes down to it, I will enjoy Henry dominating the Steelers for years to come.

tony hipchest
09-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Sounds like Steeler fans are still upset about the game.sounds like bengalfans are still as dumb as dirt.

Marvin Lewis is not a babysitter and his words can only go so far.
marvin lewis is a coach whose words go about as far as i can piss :monkey:. Why should the Bengals get rid of great talent like Henry and Thurman?
why shouldnt the bengals pick up a player like maurice clarett? oh, thats right, hes in jail.
So the Steelers or some other team can pick them up?
you obviously dont know the correlation of character players, the steelers, winning superbowls, great coaching and what all the aformentionned have in common
Don't act like you wouldn't love having those two on your team.
its not an act. who wants a suspended player and rapist and druggies who are gonna spread their disease amongst the team?
Enough with all the off the field BS, when it comes down to it, I will enjoy Henry dominating the Steelers for years to come.
all the rae carruth and fred lane fans thought the same

learn how to coach your players marvin!
the bengals do realize that the players are employees with real jobs dont they?

of course not. theyre the bungles. thats why they have players overdosing on coke the night before a superbowl.

Elvis
09-28-2006, 05:17 PM
whoedeynation...
why would the steelers want Odell Thurmond? Are you kiddin' me? to pay someone that much money and for him to have to stand on the sideline and watch Joey Porter and Clark Hagggins Larry Foote and our defense on the field?... we already do that on offense with RB Duce Staley... I guess our Dee could use him for that same kind of a role...
Chris Henry is a very nice talent but the Steelers will never have someone like that that is in trouble all the time... just ask Bam Morris... oh ...you probably dont know who that was...

wadester47
10-03-2006, 07:17 PM
ha,
bam morris reference made me laugh!!!!

stillers4me
10-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Sounds like Steeler fans are still upset about the game. Marvin Lewis is not a babysitter and his words can only go so far. Why should the Bengals get rid of great talent like Henry and Thurman? So the Steelers or some other team can pick them up? Don't act like you wouldn't love having those two on your team. Enough with all the off the field BS, when it comes down to it, I will enjoy Henry dominating the Steelers for years to come.

No.....these hoodlums are an embarrassment and so is coach Lewis. I live in Cincinnati so don't try and tell what I'd want or wouldn't want for the Steelers. I doubt you would be so forgiving of players like this if they got behind the wheel of a car stoned or drunk and killed someone you loved. Chris Henry was arrested in Clermont County last year not far from where my son and two little granddaughters live. Those SOB's need to be in jail, not a football stadium. :dang:

Bengals fans are so pathetically desparate for a winning team that they accept anything anymore. There are two kinds of Bungle fans: 1. Who Dey Who Dey!!! We're going to win the Super Bowl!! 2. When's this crappy team going to fall apart again.

Marvin Lewis's house of cards is starting to fall down.

Lyn
10-04-2006, 06:51 AM
Good post Tony, that was unique

Lyn
10-04-2006, 06:52 AM
whoedeynation...
why would the steelers want Odell Thurmond? Are you kiddin' me? to pay someone that much money and for him to have to stand on the sideline and watch Joey Porter and Clark Hagggins Larry Foote and our defense on the field?... we already do that on offense with RB Duce Staley... I guess our Dee could use him for that same kind of a role...
Chris Henry is a very nice talent but the Steelers will never have someone like that that is in trouble all the time... just ask Bam Morris... oh ...you probably dont know who that was...

the Steelers do not pick up thugs. They learned from Bam Morris.