PDA

View Full Version : Andre Frazier

CantStop85
09-27-2006, 05:35 PM
The Bengals just signed him after putting Frostee Rucker on the IR. I know that he played for the Steelers last year and I just wanted a little input about him from Steeler fans. I've heard that he was really solid on special teams...anyone have any thoughts on him?

Prosdo
09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I liked him the brief time that he was here. He looked promising.

Atlanta Dan
09-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Andre Frazier and Quincy Morgan were the 2 final cuts in early September. Steelers had to cut Frazier in order not to mess up Duce Staley's endorsement deal with NFL Properties to model a grey Steelers sweatshirt on the sidelines every game day.

Here is a blurb on Frazier from when he was cut.

Frazier (6-5, 234) originally signed as an undrafted free agent and made the active 53-man roster coming out of last year's camp. After spending five days on the team's practice squad, he was signed back to the 53-man roster until he was placed on the Reserve/Injured List on Jan. 24, 2006, with an injured right leg.

Frazier played in 11 games as a rookie and posted two tackles, including one sack in the season opener against the Tennessee Titans. He also added eight special teams' tackles in the regular season.

The leg injury refers to Frazier breaking his right ankle in the AFC Championship game.

Sounds like the Bengals made a nice addition.

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
09-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Frazier.. i liked him. He was pretty good on special teams.

19ward86
09-27-2006, 07:11 PM
i thought he was pretty solid, big dude!

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-27-2006, 07:19 PM
He has potential.

Midnightwriter07
09-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Like all Steeler reserves, you dont really know cause they didnt get alot of playing time but the fact that he made the team is probalby better than what the bengals have now for a run defense... He seemed ok while with us, suprised he was cut.

Lyn
09-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Andre Frazier and Quincy Morgan were the 2 final cuts in early September. Steelers had to cut Frazier in order not to mess up Duce Staley's endorsement deal with NFL Properties to model a grey Steelers sweatshirt on the sidelines every game day.

Here is a blurb on Frazier from when he was cut.

Frazier (6-5, 234) originally signed as an undrafted free agent and made the active 53-man roster coming out of last year's camp. After spending five days on the team's practice squad, he was signed back to the 53-man roster until he was placed on the Reserve/Injured List on Jan. 24, 2006, with an injured right leg.

Frazier played in 11 games as a rookie and posted two tackles, including one sack in the season opener against the Tennessee Titans. He also added eight special teams' tackles in the regular season.

The leg injury refers to Frazier breaking his right ankle in the AFC Championship game.

Sounds like the Bengals made a nice addition.

When it gets a lil chillier, he will revert back to the gray sweatsuit he wore all last season. Although he did dress for the Superbowl, maybe you have to to get a ring. Who knows:)

Stlrs4Life
09-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Couldnt beat out Wallace (5th Rd 2005) or A Harrison (UDFA 2005) for a 3rd string LB spot this year ... created a little bit of buzz in last year's camp - havent heard a peep out of him since.

Hines86Ward
09-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I liked the guy, he was one of my favorite players on the team. He was really good on ST.....

tony hipchest
09-27-2006, 09:27 PM
being that hes not a criminal and has worked with a real coach such as cowher hes already better than about 85% of the bengaLS ROSTER. good job. im suprised the patriots didnt beat you to the punch

sculleyd
09-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Frazier got into a shouting match with Cowher on the sidelines in one of the preseason games. I got the sense it was because he was dogging it. Not a great way to make the team as a backup LB...

dhosmer
09-27-2006, 10:18 PM
The Bengals just signed him after putting Frostee Rucker on the IR. I know that he played for the Steelers last year and I just wanted a little input about him from Steeler fans. I've heard that he was really solid on special teams...anyone have any thoughts on him?

He played for UC - might as well end up in Cincinnati. I liked the guy though - special teams monster.

stillers4me
09-28-2006, 05:26 AM
hmmmmmmm........he got in Cowher's face?? I think I remember that. Maybe he'll take some lessons from CJ while he's in Cincy.

Elvis
09-28-2006, 04:58 PM
My thoughts on Frazier..?
He is no longer on the Steelers roster and his days are numbered before he goes off the deep end and joins the rest of your Bengals LB's in a jail somewhere near you...hehehe
Sorry... just blowing off steam... he was pretty good on special teams...