PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Are The Steelers Daddies

ericnie18
07-10-2005, 08:45 PM
hEY GUYS I THINK ITS TIME TO ADMIT THAT WERE NEVER GONNA GET BY THE TWO TIME CHAMPS.wITH THAT BEING SAID I THINK WE CAN STILL MAKE IT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THEM AGAIN.wE TALKED WAY TO MUCH AS STEELERS FANS AND THEN OUR TEAM WENT OUT AND EMBARRASED THE WHOLE STEELER NATION.iWATCH THAT GAME OVER AND OVER AND I SEE KNOW WAY THAT WE CAN END THERE DYNASTY.tHEY SIMPLEY ARE AN AWSOME TEAM. :o

BB2W
07-10-2005, 08:53 PM
That tape needs to be burned.....Why keep doing that to yourself?

LambertIsGod58
07-10-2005, 08:54 PM
We beat them once last year...so it's not impossible!!! You have to believe.

ericnie18
07-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Believe in what,we cant brag about championships we won in the 70S ANYMORE.I WORK WITH THIS GUY FROM BOSTON AND HE NEVER LETS ME FORGET ABOUT IT.I TALKE SO MUCH CRAP.THERES NOTHING YOU CAN SAY TO SOMEBODY FROM BOSTON RIGHT NOW.ALL THAT CITY DOES IS WIN!

LambertIsGod58
07-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Sounds like you want to be a NE fan....And by the way, I'm not talking about the 70's. We beat them last year and ended their 21 or 22 gm winning streak.

ericnie18
07-10-2005, 09:04 PM
YOU CANT BRAG TO SOME GUY HOW YOU BEAT THEM IN THE REGULAR SEASON WHEN THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL.hAVE YOU EVER WATCHED A GAME WITH A NEW ENGLAND FAN ITS LIKE THEY KNOW THE PATS ARE GONNA PULL IT OUT,ITS AMAZING.BRAGGING ABOUT BEATING THEM IN THE REGULAR SEASON IS LIKE THE YANKEES BRAGGING ABOUT THE AL EAST TITLE AFTER THEY CHOKED IN THE PLAYOFFS TO GUESS WHO ,BOSTON.MAKES ME SICKMAN

BB2W
07-10-2005, 09:06 PM
You need help.....and all caps suck. We all know we got our butts kicked in the AFCC last year. Oh well, what can you do? Don't be so negative.

ericnie18
07-10-2005, 09:11 PM
The Cap Is Just A Lame Excuse For My Team Not Getting It Done.i Know Well Never Be Like The World Champs,but Just One Championship Thats All I Ask.i Dont Want Our City Mentioned In The Same Breath With Losing Cities Like Atlanta And Cleveland.

BB2W
07-10-2005, 09:16 PM
No, I meant caps as in capital letters. I think the Pats have driven another member of Steeler Nation crazy. Relax....take a deep breath. You are scaring me. :)

ericnie18
07-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Im Just Saying Steeler Nation Could Not Absorb Another Loss At The Hands Of The Pats,it Would Be Devastating

bengalsfan21
07-10-2005, 09:38 PM
The Cap Is Just A Lame Excuse For My Team Not Getting It Done.i Know Well Never Be Like The World Champs,but Just One Championship Thats All I Ask.i Dont Want Our City Mentioned In The Same Breath With Losing Cities Like Atlanta And Cleveland.

I'm confused on which QB's nuts you like to lick, Tom or Ben.....How can you sit here and say Atlanta is a losing team when they made it just as far as the Steelers, and no matter who your team is they can't stop Vick, He rushes more then Dunn.

Dirtywater
07-10-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't know we're going to win when we play you guys. You always play tough, and heck, you beat us in the regular season. Yeah I know we didn't have Dillon and hence ran for 1 yard, but hey, a win is a win.

I can't remember a season where you guys haven't been competitive.

Dirtywater
07-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm confused on which QB's nuts you like to lick, Tom or Ben.

:chuckle:

That was the funniest thing I've read in a while. Classic.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks for turning off the caps..that gets old REALLY quick.

As for the pats... just relax and have faith... we accomplished all that we did w/a rookie QB, so just think what he'll be like next year after this year of experience. :cool:

BB2W
07-11-2005, 12:28 AM
It has gotta be a joke cause now the first letter of every word is caps :laughing: Is this the return of Wretched.? He died, and came back as a Patriot loving Steelers fan. :screwy:

bengalsfan21
07-11-2005, 12:30 AM
It has gotta be a joke cause now the first letter of every word is caps :laughing: Is this the return of Wretched.? He died, and came back as a Patriot loving Steelers fan. :screwy:

:funny: I was thinking that....He has to pretend to like the patriots so his post aren't recognized...

BB2W
07-11-2005, 12:35 AM
This should be interesting. :chuckle:

clevestinks
07-11-2005, 03:49 AM
Im Just Saying Steeler Nation Could Not Absorb Another Loss At The Hands Of The Pats,it Would Be Devastating

You my friend , are not a true Steelers fan. I question whether your a Steeler fan at all, or just a Pats fan playing games. Live and Die , Black and Gold. I bleed Black and Gold. As good as the Pats maybe, I would not give in already

SteelersFever
07-11-2005, 05:35 AM
If he keeps it up he's going to get himself banned.

STEEL-MAN
07-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Last year is over, 15 and 1 is what the Steelers are returning with thats not to bad!
Make no mistake about it the Steelers have no daddys, and for the Pats they too have past, so enjoy your history, cause this year thats all they have going!

LambertIsGod58
07-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Scaring me too...Enough about NE. It won't last forever.

bigbensgirl7
07-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I think BB2W hit it on the nail...Wretched maybe??? Or a Pats fan trying to get us going...either one, he's not worth our time. True Steeler fans don't discredit the Pats beating us and going on to win the SB, but we also know that they are not unbeatable. To hear the way he talks...he's is definately not a Steeler faithful, and I don't think he really deserves our time!

LambertIsGod58
07-11-2005, 03:17 PM
I concur! NE can't last forever, no team does.

BengalBrian
07-11-2005, 03:56 PM
I dont know if I would assume its Wretched.. maybe.. But you can search this users IP and compare it with any other users that have had that IP....

Also.. Let me add this, because I doubt this is a Steelers fan.. I think its probably a ne pATRIOTS fAN.. aND HE SURE THE HELL DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO TYPE IF HE CAN TYPE A PARAGRAPH AND still NOT REALIZE THE CAPS LOCK KEY IS ON.. bIG tOOL HERE!

:sign07:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2005, 06:24 PM
I dont know if I would assume its Wretched.. maybe.. But you can search this users IP and compare it with any other users that have had that IP....

Also.. Let me add this, because I doubt this is a Steelers fan.. I think its probably a ne pATRIOTS fAN.. aND HE SURE THE HELL DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO TYPE IF HE CAN TYPE A PARAGRAPH AND still NOT REALIZE THE CAPS LOCK KEY IS ON.. bIG tOOL HERE!

:sign07:

if he cant type then its gotta be jerseysteel :rofl:

just like a troll this pats fan in disguise is quick to post up stupid shiat and then leave :busted:

Prosdo
07-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Could very well be Wretched or some NE fan trying to aggravate Steelers fans.

ericnie18
07-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey guys i dont understand why my steeler passion is being questioned.Im a die hard steelers fan and one more loss might send me over the edge.Its just embarrising losing at home every year when you pour your whole heart and sole into the black and gold.I respect the pats and every thing they have accomplished,but i gotta be honest,Bill B didnt show the steelers everything in the regular season game because he was smart enough to know we would meet them down the line.The guy is an absolute genious.

Prosdo
07-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Because it sounds like you doubt if the Steelers can do it. In my opinion they can and will.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2005, 07:43 PM
back are against the wall, thats when we are at our best.. and when it comes to the pats, our back are against the wall.. This is the time, this is the year, lets do it !!!!

BengalBrian
07-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey guys i dont understand why my steeler passion is being questioned.Im a die hard steelers fan and one more loss might send me over the edge.Its just embarrising losing at home every year when you pour your whole heart and sole into the black and gold.I respect the pats and every thing they have accomplished,but i gotta be honest,Bill B didnt show the steelers everything in the regular season game because he was smart enough to know we would meet them down the line.The guy is an absolute genious.

Dude.. You are a troll.. Either that or pretty unfuckin greatful.. TRY being a Bengals fan through the 90s.. Asswipe

:boxing:

bigbensgirl7
07-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Dude.. You are a troll.. Either that or pretty unfuckin greatful.. TRY being a Bengals fan through the 90s.. Asswipe

:boxing:
Good point...I don't know how you guys ever survived that! Anyways, there's no doubt in my mind that he's a troll! No true Steeler fan could possibly think that way...or he's really messed up!

BB2W
07-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Although I think he is legit, and confused....I agree, it could be worse. :rolleyes:

Prosdo
07-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Good point...I don't know how you guys ever survived that! Anyways, there's no doubt in my mind that he's a troll! No true Steeler fan could possibly think that way...or he's really messed up!

I have to agree here. Die hards usually don't seem to be that down on the Steelers and very up on the Patriots. Granted we respect the Patriots, but I don't know a Steelers fan who doesn't think we can beat NE. If you are a die hard have a little faith in the Steelers. They'll get there.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Dont feed the trolls...it only makes them get bigger...

Prosdo
07-12-2005, 03:14 AM
lol okay got ya Blitz ;)

clevestinks
07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
lol okay got ya Blitz ;)
4:14 a.m. ??? Prosdo what is up with the early threads??

Prosdo
07-12-2005, 09:02 PM
lol I know. I have a back problem so when I have trouble sleeping I come on here.

Mean Machine
07-13-2005, 03:06 PM
We beat them once last year...so it's not impossible!!! You have to believe.

That sums it up! It's all mental because we know that we can physically get into the game...Have faith because the Steeler Nation will rise again and add more glory to our already great team, city, and fans...

HERE WE GO STEE-LERS, HERE WE GO! Write it down now, we are going to the Super Bowl! We return 9 All Pros, Ben has 1 year under his belt, best running attack, and a young, aggressive secondary means great things. Plus, LeBeau has another year with this team...

Get into this NOW!

Dirtywater
07-13-2005, 03:33 PM
That sums it up! It's all mental because we know that we can physically get into the game...Have faith because the Steeler Nation will rise again and add more glory to our already great team, city, and fans...

HERE WE GO STEE-LERS, HERE WE GO! Write it down now, we are going to the Super Bowl! We return 9 All Pros, Ben has 1 year under his belt, best running attack, and a young, aggressive secondary means great things. Plus, LeBeau has another year with this team...

Get into this NOW!

Off topic, but this line cracks me up:

Write it down now, we are going to the Super Bowl!

Why is it you guys always "buy your hotel rooms" and book it early? Both AFC Championship games we beat you this was done. Maybe it's from years of losing, but I'd be way too supersticious to do that kind of stuff or even say it. Plus, nothing is more comical than when you lose and you've done that.

Hey, maybe it's just me. :D

clevestinks
07-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I myself am very superstitous, but I do like enthusiasm. Sometime to much is bad, sometimes to much is good. We have good reason to look at the upcoming season with some optimism. But we do need to get the monkey off the back.

Mean Machine
07-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I myself am very superstitous, but I do like enthusiasm. Sometime to much is bad, sometimes to much is good. We have good reason to look at the upcoming season with some optimism. But we do need to get the monkey off the back.

When you return 9 All Pro players and your QB, one of the top rookies of all time, has a year under his belt, you know that things are looking good.

Pats, eh, has beens! :D

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 03:37 PM
When you return 9 All Pro players and your QB, one of the top rookies of all time, has a year under his belt, you know that things are looking good.

I agree totally. BUT we have counted the unhatched chickens before. We need a really good 12+ win season, give our fans home field advantage, and to win some of the games that mean the most.

ironcitychef
07-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Legit or not, if that is as strong as you can bring it in the blast furnace, you will not have a great post season as a member.

Dirtywater
07-14-2005, 04:20 PM

Classic! Keep talkin' the talk, we'll keep walkin' the walk. Every time I hear you guys say the same things, and see us do the same thing... win the Super Bowl.

Whatever keeps you happy man. :blah:

Livinginthe past
07-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Im sorry how can any of you Steelers fans be under the assumption that the original poster Ericnie or whatever is NOT a Pats fan.

Dear God its one of the more obvious ploys in recent years to feign alliegance to team - then to underhandedly 'big up' their biggest rivals.

Yawn Yawn

NM

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Some of us knew right away thank you. Besides its not about the Pats.

Livinginthe past
07-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Sure Im guessing Steelers nation is not TOTALLY without intelligence - i was asking how can ANY of you have fallen for this?

Anyway its a minor detail.

Cleveland Stinks - in your honest opinion, all things being equal ie injuries etc - who is the best team in the NFL right now?

regards

NM

clevestinks
07-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Right this minute? I hope we will be! But the team with the last ring, is the best until proven otherwise. One of the sayings I always liked was. Your only as good as your last game. Not to praise NE anymore than need be. But 3 rings in the last 4 years is nothing to sneeze at.

Nick The Slasher McGirk
08-01-2005, 11:15 AM
hEY GUYS I THINK ITS TIME TO ADMIT THAT WERE NEVER GONNA GET BY THE TWO TIME CHAMPS.wITH THAT BEING SAID I THINK WE CAN STILL MAKE IT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THEM AGAIN.wE TALKED WAY TO MUCH AS STEELERS FANS AND THEN OUR TEAM WENT OUT AND EMBARRASED THE WHOLE STEELER NATION.iWATCH THAT GAME OVER AND OVER AND I SEE KNOW WAY THAT WE CAN END THERE DYNASTY.tHEY SIMPLEY ARE AN AWSOME TEAM. :o

This is all I was trying to say in the thread I started. The Steelers and their fans did way to much talking last season, and when they went down, the whole city of Pittsburgh died. It was great to watch for everyone that hates the Steelers. You've said better than I did.

Livinginthe past
08-01-2005, 01:39 PM
This is all I was trying to say in the thread I started. The Steelers and their fans did way to much talking last season, and when they went down, the whole city of Pittsburgh died. It was great to watch for everyone that hates the Steelers. You've said better than I did.

I think I already posted on your other thread that you and EricNie18 are one and the same person.
Im sure it must be great fun watching some of the Steeler fans get worked up - but its getting old....QUICKLY....haven't you got any other tricks you want to share with us?

NM

Tankus_Maximus
08-02-2005, 05:39 PM
The loss in the AFCC Game lies soley on Cowher's shoulders. With a rookie QB in the biggest game of his young career, against a secondary as stingy as NE, why in the world would he put the ball in the air?? Granted Bus' fumble hurt, but not nearly as bad as Ben's picks. Cowher should've pounded Duce & Bettis down after down, heck at 3 yards a carry you'd be at a far easier to convert 3rd and short, than 3rd and long. I think Cowher's infatuation with the passing game stems from Maddox's quick start a couple of years ago, and after long suffering through tumutuous QB situations from O'Donnell, Stewart, Tomczak, etc. etc., who could blame him. With that being said, the key to beating NE is body blows up the middle. Bruschi and crew may stop 'em early on, but by the 3rd quarter they'd be out of gas from the constant pounding by 36 & 22. KEEP THE BALL ON THE GROUND!!

Nick The Slasher McGirk
08-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I agree. The Patriots are the Steeler's Daddies.

Go Eagles! :bouncy:

ironcitychef
08-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I think Cowher's infatuation with the passing game...KEEP THE BALL ON THE GROUND!!

I understand your passion, but at 618 attempts in the regular season and 80 in the post(NE had 99 and they played in one more game!) it would be hard pressed to say we could run anymore often and still keep teams honest. I more for throwing early in downs instead of running 1st &2nd then throwing.

Livinginthe past
08-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Im not sure how anyone could accuse Cowher or the Steelers of having an obsession with the passing game....in fact I would suggest just the opposite.

Predictability lead the Patriots to gang up on the run 1st and 2nd down - the with the almost certain knowledge drop back to blanket coverage on 3rd.

Not many QB's can make this scenario work, let alone a rookie.

As ICC says more variation on the earlier downs is required to keep the opposition honest.

I have even noticed the Pats making sacrafice plays in the past - which paid dividends in the long term.

Regards

NM

hardwork
08-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Tankus, you got beat. Throw it, run it, kick it, shoot it from a gun, drop it from a B52, who cares, you still would have lost. Your orginization just wasn't ready for prime time. You can Thankus Tankus for a little education.

Nick The Slasher McGirk
08-24-2005, 01:26 PM
The Patriots are definitely the Steelers daddies!

Justin Otstott
08-26-2005, 12:31 PM

The whole city died? They did? Wow....Did'nt know that...ok....All im saying is this is a new year, so the Super Bowl is up for grabs...NE fans need to focus on that, the super bowl u guys won is from last season...sorry!

Justin Otstott
08-26-2005, 12:34 PM
I agree. The Patriots are the Steeler's Daddies.

Go Eagles! :bouncy:

oh yea I forgot your a EAGLE fan....would have known that if you didnt ride the pats so bad.

Steelyasoul007
08-26-2005, 12:36 PM
I ain't takin' nothing from the Pats. They are good, we beat em during the season in convincing fashion, also. But they one the rematch which counted more. Just like when the Bronc-hoes won their first of two rings. They came to Three Rivers and got smashed during the regular season then came back and won the AFC Champ game.

Justin Otstott
08-26-2005, 12:42 PM
ok^ please don't remind us, thank you!

makaveli_steeler36
08-26-2005, 12:51 PM
honestly, i dont see the pats doing much of anything this year, look who they lost shall we, oof and def coordinator, teddy bruschy (sp?) those are gonna hurt alot more than people think, and i know stupid pats fans are gonna say that they always lose people and make up for them, BUT losing your emotional leader and two important coaches is gonna result in at LEAST 5 losses, they wont even win their division IMHO. the pats are nothin this year, and id put money on it too.

Livinginthe past
08-27-2005, 01:08 AM
honestly, i dont see the pats doing much of anything this year, look who they lost shall we, oof and def coordinator, teddy bruschy (sp?) those are gonna hurt alot more than people think, and i know stupid pats fans are gonna say that they always lose people and make up for them, BUT losing your emotional leader and two important coaches is gonna result in at LEAST 5 losses, they wont even win their division IMHO. the pats are nothin this year, and id put money on it too.

Before dismissing Pats fans as 'stupid' you should perhaps try to put a minimum amount of research in to your post.
Its Tedy Bruschi BTW - nevermind - his name obviously hasn't been in the news often enough for you to remember ha ha!

Are you psychic? How do you know how much people 'think' these losses will hurt...and what makes you so much more knowledgeable than these 'people'?

You also need to stop contradicting yourself in the space of two sentences :

You claim the PATS will perhaps finish with a 11-5 record - then in your next breath go on to tell us that they will be 'nothin' this year.....LOL

However, having said all that, I do appreciate you including your I.Q. in your 'handle' for easy reference.

NM

Dirtywater
08-27-2005, 12:46 PM
I ain't takin' nothing from the Pats. They are good, we beat em during the season in convincing fashion, also. But they one the rematch which counted more. Just like when the Bronc-hoes won their first of two rings. They came to Three Rivers and got smashed during the regular season then came back and won the AFC Champ game.

I take nothing away from your regular season win, a win is a win, but remember that game was played without Dillon. I think that helped you beat us in convincing fashion IMHO. But alas, you did kick or ass! :D

hardwork
08-27-2005, 12:52 PM
"honestly, i dont see the pats doing much of anything this year"

Honestly, I think you have enough to worry about rigth there in Pittsburgh. You let the Patriots worry about their performance. Ok son?

clevestinks
08-27-2005, 08:55 PM
I take nothing away from your regular season win, a win is a win, but remember that game was played without Dillon. I think that helped you beat us in convincing fashion IMHO. But alas, you did kick or ass! :D

I do disagree with one thing here. Dillion wouldn`t have been a factor anyway. We jumped on the Pats early and often. This took the running game out of it anyway. Just as the Pats did to us in the post season.

Dirtywater
08-28-2005, 02:08 AM
I do disagree with one thing here. Dillion wouldn`t have been a factor anyway. We jumped on the Pats early and often. This took the running game out of it anyway. Just as the Pats did to us in the post season.

And I disagree with what you've said. We had no legit #2 back (like a Bettis to a Staley) and any NFL team without a RB would get their ass kicked. A legit #1 RB makes a huge difference. Just look at how Dillon played against you in the playoffs. He had a monster season for us, ran for like 1,600 yards (a Patriots record.) To say he would have no been a factor is logic I don't understand.

But agin, I freely admit you kicked our ass. :D

clevestinks
08-28-2005, 06:02 AM
Dw, up a little late? Or up early?

Come on , no matter how good a running game a team may have. If you get down early, the game plan changes, you can win with Dillion and your running game. But you don`t play catch up that way. Nobody had as many reserves in as starter , as we did.

hardwork
08-29-2005, 12:39 PM
I agree. If your top RB is out you have to have enough to overcome that. If you don't, you either don't have enough, or you didn't play well. No excuses.