09-29-2006, 06:03 AM
Title: Don't Bail On Steelers' QB Ben Roethlisberger
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: Greg Stephens

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0657.html

HometownGal
09-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Good read, SF! :thumbsup: I think this sums it up best:

The Steelers team and organization needs to be patient. Most of all, the fans need to be patient, and not bail on Big Ben.

floodcitygirl
09-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Only two games in.....bail on Ben????? Wouldn't think of it! :jammin:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Real fans are not "what have you done for me lately" philosophers....Ben was the missing piece that allowed my son to see his first superbowl win...Ben has my support and my gratitude even if we have a losing season. There are those who treat our players like the Steelers are a fantasy football team..."you dont give me enough points this week and I want you benched next week" ...how sad. Win or lose..MY Steelers are still #1....when you have a team that is based on tradition and history, you dont sweat the week to week stuff so much...lets leave that to the lesser teams.

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2006, 08:24 AM
The "do not bail on Big Ben argument" is a straw man argument - for all I know sports talk shows in Pittsburgh may be throwing the idea out as red meat for the listeners, but even without Ben's health problems I do not think anyone who has a clue about the Steelers would seriously contend that after 2 games the Steelers should bench the QB who has played in two AFC Championships and a Super Bowl in his first two seasons.

Even Sean Salisbury on ESPN, no stranger to inciting controversy, said on SportsCenter last night that Ben will be fine. John Clayton, who unlike Salisbury is rational, agreed that Ben will be fine

One point Salisbury made is that these last 2 games have been a continuation of the exhibition season for Ben, which does lead to the question as to whether Ben actually was recovered for preseason or whether Cowher's decision to give Ben minimal playing time was just further indication that Cowher was so laid back with what preaseason was intended to accomplish this year (first 0-4 preseason under Cowher) that Cowher simply screwed up and should have given Ben more snaps in the August games.

That having been said, I am bailing on Ricardo Coclough - cut Coclough now!! :)

DACEB
09-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Great point Atlanta Dan, Salisbury is right. I think Ben will get better and stronger as the year goes on. Hopefully our receiving corp will as well.

Midnightwriter07
09-29-2006, 12:02 PM
that is stupid to think that any Steelers fan would " bail on ben" ....after all he has achieved , i dont care what his record will be at the end of the year

SteelerFanInCA
09-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Great article. Hits it right on the nail.

memphissteelergirl
09-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Great article. Hits it right on the nail.

:iagree:

We are only 3 games in...it's not time to push the panic button yet!

stillers4me
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
No way would I bail out on Ben. Nuff said.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Great point Atlanta Dan, Salisbury is right. I think Ben will get better and stronger as the year goes on. Hopefully our receiving corp will as well.

Echo this. Sean Salisbury. (sigh) He just keeps talking until something makes sense. He played QB that way too.

As Ben goes so go the Steelers. "Bailing" on Ben isn't even a option let alone a consideration.

"Hopefully our receiving corp will as well" This is Ken Whiz's department. The more I see of Heath Miller in San Diego the better I will feel...I'm guessing.

SteelersWoman
09-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Ben is a talent that is destined for greatness. Bail? No WAY!!

wadester47
09-29-2006, 02:19 PM
No bailing here,

still going to wear the BIG ben White #7 come SD game.
check my meter , we are with you STEELER NATION