PDA

View Full Version : Bye WEEK blues.........

wadester47
09-29-2006, 04:48 PM
So am I the only member of the NATION who just hates the bye week.
I understand the ramifications of my last statement- but I do . I know we need to regroup, and rebuild.
But on a personal level, I am bummed there is no Steeler Football this weekend , I guess I need a week of preperation to Kick SD's arse.
I need advice if you read this, I have been seeing this new girl( she's real) and I am thinking of asking her to watch the SD game with me.
But, I don't know if she can handle the perogis, Iron city, "Here WE GO " + renegade 100 times . What should I do , I think she should know what kind of fan I am , and if she likes me this is a huge part of my life.

Oh wise members of Steeler Nation this is only a 3rd date, should she be put up black n' gold alter this soon . NEED YOUR HELP.

( oh and please make fun of me at your will )
go steelers
:tt02:

PisnNapalm
09-29-2006, 04:51 PM
I usually HATE a bye week, but in this case I welcome it. I think this week will allow Cowher to refocus the team and get everything back on track.

That's what I hope for anyway...

SteelersWoman
09-30-2006, 02:12 AM
No, you're not alone--I HATE havin to wait another whole week to watch our guys play, and to see how Big Ben comes back! :lost:
I need advice if you read this, I have been seeing this new girl (she's real)
I would hope so--those blow up dolls can be very fickle...:sofunny: (hehe, I crack myself up :flap:)
and I am thinking of asking her to watch the SD game with me..What should I do ...
Tell her --who knows--maybe she's a football fan as well, and even if she's not, she needs to know how important it is to you. If she likes you, it won't matter even if she doesn't like football.
Oh wise members....
Don't know how "wise" I am, but speaking as a woman, I'd want to know :thumbsup:
Good luck! :cheer:

HometownGal
09-30-2006, 07:38 AM
I think she should know what kind of fan I am , and if she likes me this is a huge part of my life.

You answered your own quiery here, wadester. :smile: Honesty is always the best policy. Invite her to take in the Chargers game with you, ask her what she likes to eat and drink and be sure to have all of her faves there. Good luck and have a great time! :bouncy:

Atlanta Dan
09-30-2006, 07:54 AM
It is all about TV - NFL charges the networks for 17 weeks of games while each team plays 16 games.

Well, you might ask, if there must be a bye week to get more $$$, why not have the byes start around mid-October rather than be over by week 10 so at least teams can get some rest after getting banged up earlier in the season rather than start byes in week 3?! Again, it is $$$ - networks want everyone playing for ratings by early November once baseball is over.

I hate the bye week

Mosca
09-30-2006, 08:19 AM
It works out great for me; we have a big fundraiser for The Drive to Survive, which benefits The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Last year our small club of around 100 people raised over $8000; this year we're already over $10000, and we typically raise about 20% of the final amount on the day of the drive. So we're hoping to go over $12000 this year!

http://www.thedrivetosurvive.org/

Tom

floodcitygirl
09-30-2006, 08:33 AM
I understand the ramifications of my last statement- but I do . I know we need to regroup, and rebuild.
But on a personal level, I am bummed there is no Steeler Football this weekend , I guess I need a week of preperation to Kick SD's arse.
I need advice if you read this, I have been seeing this new girl( she's real) and I am thinking of asking her to watch the SD game with me.
But, I don't know if she can handle the perogis, Iron city, "Here WE GO " + renegade 100 times . What should I do , I think she should know what kind of fan I am , and if she likes me this is a huge part of my life.

Oh wise members of Steeler Nation this is only a 3rd date, should she be put up black n' gold alter this soon . NEED YOUR HELP.

( oh and please make fun of me at your will )
go steelers
:tt02:You're 3rd date and she doesn't know how you feel about the Steelers???!!! :jawdrop: And any girl that wouldn't love perogis and beer?????....well she wouldn't be worth having! I can't believe that you didn't check out all of these prerequisites in advance! :sofunny: Have fun. :smile:

steeler-dude
09-30-2006, 04:02 PM
I agree, it's gonna suck with our Steelers football this weekend. On the plus side, Troy has more time to get back healthy.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-30-2006, 04:10 PM
And their isn't really any good college games either. I'm going over to Nantucket to watch the Blue Angels if it doesn't get rained out.

siss
09-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I agree, it's gonna suck with our Steelers football this weekend. On the plus side, Troy has more time to get back healthy.

Well that and Big Ben can get his head screwed on straight!:cheer: :cheer:

steeler-dude
09-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah, that too!

Steelers
09-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Just got back from the Pitt game (45-3 Final) so that'll hold me over 'til next week. :smile:

steelerbabe13
09-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey, she needs to know the real you......don't hold back with your passion for our team...too bad you weren't here in Washington DC....????

wadester47
09-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Washington DC,
MY main Steeler wingman from our Steeler group lives in DC with his two brothers. Lucky you - he is die hard.

stlrtruck
10-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I hate the bye week too. Drives me absolutely nuts. The one day I get to watch football all day and the Steelers aren't on!

Anyway, as for advice on the 3rd date, ask her to watch the game. It's best she knows now rather than later.

For example, when I met my wife a few years ago, I invited her, her friend, and friend's husband to watch the browns playoff game. Well her friend went outside to play with the kids that were there. With 2 mins to go in the game, the Steelers had taken the lead. My wife's friend was wearing cleveland colors (the sweater had no browns emblems or names on them just the color) and I told her she couldn't come back in the house until the game was over. She looked at my wife and asked if I was serious. My wife looked puzzled and was like, "I guess". She wasn't too happy (her friend) but my wife knew from that moment how serious I was about the Steelers.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-02-2006, 09:55 AM
My goal is to have my Steeler room done by the next game.....Black walls with the Gold/White sleeve stripes around the room...two large white circles on the longer walls...one with the Steeler emblem, the other with a Steeler helmet....
The Word PITTSBURGH down one door..and STEELERS down the other...I have a Gold (yellow) booth..and black leather furniture....I will try and post the pics when I am done.

NOW that is how to deal with the bye week!!!!!!!!!!..(...and yes...I had to get permission:pity:)

HometownGal
10-02-2006, 09:57 AM
My goal is to have my Steeler room done by the next game.....Black walls with the Gold/White sleeve stripes around the room...two large white circles on the longer walls...one with the Steeler emblem, the other with a Steeler helmet....
The Word PITTSBURGH down one door..and STEELERS down the other...I have a Gold (yellow) booth..and black leather furniture....I will try and post the pics when I am done.

NOW that is how to deal with the bye week!!!!!!!!!!..(...and yes...I had to get permission:pity:)

WOO HOO!!! :tt02: Looking forward very much to seeing those piccys, LLT! Sounds awesome! :banana:

wadester47
10-02-2006, 03:47 PM
very cool bye week!!!
Thanks Steeler truck- hope she can hang!

blackvelvet
10-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Okay, first and only time i'll say this:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so we're in Youngstown for band competitions on Saturday. Our principal didn't send the registration in until three days before the deadline, so we automatically got the earliest slot. See, the way it works, the earlier your principal sends in the registration, the later of a time slot you get. So we had to perform at 8:15, which means we had to LEAVE at 5 AM to get there. So we performed and watched the other bands, spent two hours in a local mall for lunch, went back and watched the other bands, then they announced the top ten. We didn't make it because regardless if we were really good, they have to give us a low score because of how the scoring works. We decided to stay and watch the Top ten perform, so we go back into the YSU Stadium, and it pours down rain. then it storms. Really bad, so it got cancelled. So we wasted two hours in a stadium doing nothing. We got back around ten thirtyish, which is okay, considering if the finals went on, we wouldn't have gotten back until one a.m.

So yes, i was happy to sleep on Sunday and not worry about missing a game.

Oh, and P.S., the mall we went to was swarmed by Browns fans and Bungles fans. At one point, I ran down a hallway and yelled "Go Steelers!" and then later yelled "Penn State" to a bunch of people wearing OSu sweatshirts. It's a wonder i made it out alive.

Mosca
10-02-2006, 05:31 PM
We raised OVER $10000 with our fundraiser benefitting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and I didn't have to worry about missing the game!

Tom

wadester47
10-02-2006, 08:38 PM
congrats!!!
I was wondering how the fundraiser went!! That is quite positive, oh by the way the girl is watching the game with me and asked me to go to her college's Homecoming in three weeks( georgia Southern) so It has been quite positive.

once again great news on the findraiser!!
go steelers

steelfan 92
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
an nfl week with out the steelers just plain sucks, i was so bored out of my mind this sunday watching all those other games. the only good thing about the bye week early is that the steelers will be on every weekend from now until january and beyond. althouhg i lloking forward to seeing to go back to philly.