PDA

View Full Version : balanced offense

19ward86
09-29-2006, 06:07 PM
cowher said last week against the bungles he wanted to play a balanced offense, usually we play more of a run balanced. how do you guys feel about being more of a balanced team instead of a running team. i think that if we get some power in the backfield besides kreider than we will go back, i think if Ben wouldnt of thrown 3 picks, even if he only threw 2 we would of won the game(not considering both fumbles maybe only 1).

tony hipchest
09-30-2006, 12:02 AM
last week the steelers were 39 - 38 pass/run. pretty baanced but 11 of those passes were in the final moments trying to tie the game or else the steelers wouldve been about 50 runs to 30 passes.

the steelers can do it any way. i dont care much as long as we win. the run pass ratio had nothing to do with the steelers about to go up on the bengals 14-0 before ben threw his 1st int.

SteelersWoman
09-30-2006, 03:20 AM
I think that Steelers football will always be a "bit" more to the run oriented side, but in today's NFL, you need to have good players on both the offense AND the defense to have a consistent chance of making playoffs and Super Bowls.

Elvis
10-01-2006, 07:13 AM
I look forward to the day the Steelers get back to their power running game... that is the way it needs to be... Ben needs a running game that is dominant to help him out..without the runin game he just isnt the same QB... he Needs the Runnin' game...Our Defense needs the runnning game...