PDA

View Full Version : SO WHEN DO WE USE DAVENPORT OR DUCE?

NV STEELERS 723
09-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Even though Willie played great and we had a rusher over 100 yrds, and still lost to the Bungals, when do you guys think Coach Cowher will give Duce or Davenport some face time...I realize its a long season, and injuries could arise...

Is Cowher just making sure he has fresh RB'S for the title run? .... I would have to think so....I bet we will all be surprised who is the STEELERS RB the last few games that really count....

I can't call it from here, but I don't think its going to be Willie:tap:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Even though Willie played great and we had a rusher over 100 yrds, and still lost to the Bungals, when do you guys think Coach Cowher will give Duce or Davenport some face time...I realize its a long season, and injuries could arise...

Is Cowher just making sure he has fresh RB'S for the title run? .... I would have to think so....I bet we will all be surprised who is the STEELERS RB the last few games that really count....

I can't call it from here, but I don't think its going to be Willie:tap:

Our invisible back up running backs! I'm guessing Cowher will be using one or both of them sometime tomorrow.... :toofunny:

TasmanianTroy271
09-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I think we'll use one of them once we get a lead in a game and need to wind down the clock. With the way these last 2 games have been, where should we have brought in a power back who might run for 1-2 yards each down? We've been playing catch-up, and thats why. Hopefully this week'll be different.

wadester47
09-30-2006, 11:05 PM
I Think that the time to use someone else other than Veron H. has arrived.
I personally think that we will see davenport soon, I hope to see someone else soon to back up WIllie!

jaysta
10-01-2006, 12:45 AM
I think we'll use one of them once we get a lead in a game and need to wind down the clock. With the way these last 2 games have been, where should we have brought in a power back who might run for 1-2 yards each down? We've been playing catch-up, and thats why. Hopefully this week'll be different.

Actually we really could have used a big power back against Cincy once we got ahead and seemed to have control in the 4th quarter with a 17-14 lead. Willie did a great job, but I think even he would have enjoyed a break at that point to let a big guy wear the D-line down and run the clock out. That has always been Steelers football and I did miss that last week. It may or may not have changed the outcome, but it is nice to watch a big guy wear down the clock and plow through a defensive line.

Midnightwriter07
10-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Well considering Staley is inactive and Davenport signed after the season, i am sure that is why.... Plus, there really hasnt been a point where we have needed them anyway. I am sure Davenport will get some time after the bye week and he has learned the playbook alot better.

Willie has run well, he has done his job up to this point.... no need to worry about a big back coming in when it is the QB and receivers playing up thier potential and doing what they are suppose to do that needs to get taken care of .

Elvis
10-01-2006, 07:03 AM
yeah... I believe after the break we will see Davenport some and hopefuly he can take some of the load off Willie.. I honestly believe if he does so effectivel we will see the last of Duce...I am lookin' forward to that day when I know that we aint wasting a spot on our roster on sweat shirt and pants on the sidelines...

slashsteel
10-01-2006, 08:59 AM
If it isn't broke don't fix it. Willie has ran well , I have no problem with him carrying the load.

Btrice
10-01-2006, 09:59 AM
If it isn't broke don't fix it. Willie has ran well , I have no problem with him carrying the load.

The problem is not that he isn't doing well, the problem is that with 30+ carries a game he is either going to get worn out or injured or both :(

SteelersFever
10-01-2006, 01:20 PM
HE SHOULD START NEXT WEEK!!! I had a very weird dream that I was Davenport and I was returning kickoffs and handoffs for TD's. The Steelers put me in during the 3rd Quarter and by the end of the period I had scored 28 points. :sofunny: :toofunny:

OX1947
10-01-2006, 02:59 PM
We lost to the Bengals because of our QB play. If Ben doesnt throw an INT, we go 14-0 at least 10-0 and the probability of us winning is 98.5%. Our QB play has cost us two games. If Ben played the way Ben can play, we would be sitting at 3-0....

MattsMe
10-01-2006, 07:39 PM
HE SHOULD START NEXT WEEK!!! I had a very weird dream that I was Davenport and I was returning kickoffs and handoffs for TD's. The Steelers put me in during the 3rd Quarter and by the end of the period I had scored 28 points. :sofunny: :toofunny:

:sofunny: Funny, I had the same dream! But when I was Davenport, I celebrated by sneaking into a closet and...:sofunny:

Elvis
10-01-2006, 09:24 PM
dream...dream...dream.... all that I want to " is dreeeeeamm....dreammmmmmm....
You guys having me laughin' me 4$$ off...