PDA

View Full Version : Let's go New England and San Diego!

Seth88101
10-01-2006, 07:08 AM
I think those are my favorite teams this week, how about you all?

msafford
10-01-2006, 07:44 AM
I would definitely agree with you! Here's hoping some of that Patriot magic happens against the Bungles. (plus maroney's on my fantasy team.) I think McNair's due for an injury anyway.:thumbsup:

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-01-2006, 09:14 AM
The Patsy's have 3 dbs that are out today. I think Carson will have a field day against them provided that hes not hungover from last week.

stillers4me
10-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Carson doesn't have a substance abuse problem as far as I know. I actually felt bad for him having the other losers on the team. But I heard an interview with him the other day and he says there are no problems so he's nothing but an enabler like his coach. I guess it doesn't bother him him to belong to a chaingang as long as they keep winning.

Crunch them.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Carson doesn't have a substance abuse problem as far as I know. I actually felt bad for him having the other losers on the team. But I heard an interview with him the other day and he says there are no problems so he's nothing but an enabler like his coach. I guess it doesn't bother him him to belong to a chaingang as long as they keep winning.

Crunch them.I meant mentally,and physically hungover.:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Root hard for the Chargers but let's hope the Ravens D brings it - I never hope for injuries but LT getting beat up for next Sunday night would be good.

As for New England-Cincy - Chad Scott will be starting at cornerback - if you are a Pats fan, be afraid, be very afraid

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 10:10 AM
We seem to have a real problem keeping our Db's healthy - 3 years of continous injury hell and counting.

Its not even the old guys who are the ones breaking down - Hobbs is in his 2nd year, Gay had an excellent season a couple of years back.

Unless we keep the ball away from Cincy we will indeed be in trouble.

NM

HometownGal
10-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Cheering the Pats on against the Bungles is like cheering on Paris Hilton in a cat fight with Anna Nicole Smith - ughhhhh. :dang:

Good luck today LITP - begrudgingly, I will be rooting for ya!

BlackNGold203
10-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I thnk SD will take out the ratbirds.....

I am not so hopeful for the Pats...unless they control the ball for like 45 minutes.....

tony hipchest
10-01-2006, 10:58 AM
its hard to root for the pats. since i actually want them to win for once they will probably lose. they have only beaten 1 team with a top 15 (or halfway decent qb- or however you want to call it - semantics aside) in the last season and 1/4th- ben roethlisberger. with their secondary trouble i think they gett a shredding they havent seen in quite a while and suffer their 1st 2 game losing streak since 2002. all good things must come to an end.

the raven game is tougher to call. p. rivers HAS to be better than c. frye right. and sd defense is better than the browns? but i think the ravens just took the browns lightly and wont do that with san diego. rivers is gonna have to fight through stuff hes never seen from an nfl defense. i think this game should be a good barometer of how he will do next weekend.

other than the pats who will win their division, the steelers could be fighting for a wildcard with the other 3.

go sd and pats *shame*

OX1947
10-01-2006, 01:56 PM
MAn, Marty never suprises me. He has a chance to stomp a team down and he plays the only way he knows, run the ball on 3rd and long. What a ****ing idiot. Kaeding misses the FG and now the ratbirds can score a TD and go up. Amazes me how pathetic this guy is. After all these years, he still plays his teams into crappy games.....

boLT fan
10-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Marty just needs to get his head out of his ass. The Ravens are team that can actually score and we need to, to.

I like Marty, just ****ing hate Martyball.

OX1947
10-01-2006, 02:04 PM
It been 20+ years, he just never learns his lesson. He better clean up his act for at least this game....

boLT fan
10-01-2006, 02:07 PM
w00t SD ball and Ravens have no TO's left. :thumbsup:

3rd and long another run...

... wow...

I wonder who our coach will be next year?

boLT fan
10-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Ok, I give up on defending Marty

His stupid ass needs to go after this year.

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Its criminal what he is achieving with so much talent on both sides of the ball.

I wonder if the ravens can get the go-ahead TD - i hope not SD is one of my FF teams.

NM

boLT fan
10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
**** this, Mary is just a old ****ing idiot and needs to be fired. We're going no where with his dumbass.

Way to **** up a win Marty, have fun at wal-mart you stupid ****.

Marty better ****ing be gone after this season, hell after this game this stupid shit should be out the ****ing door.

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2006, 03:13 PM
SD blows, I hope we stomp a mudhole in them next week.

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Typical Marty; Marty is repeating his career in Cleveland & KC of playing not to lose and still losing; today he got a lot of help from the guard (#68?) who was called for 3 penalties in the 4th Q and took SD out of field goal range in the 4thQ by being called for clipping (!) on a running play on 1st and 10 from the Ravens 25 - Ravens are now 4-0 and should be 2-2; it is October 1 but to make the wild card the Steelers will need to beat the Ravens twice.

The Ravens are not very good but so far they are getting the breaks

boLT fan
10-01-2006, 03:18 PM
SD blows, I hope we stomp a mudhole in them next week.

Don't worry, with Marty we'll be sure to stop a hole in ourselves.

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
At the end of last season, someone asked Mack Brown what he had done differently in 2005 than he had done every other season with the 'Horns. Mack just replied that he starting playing to win instead of playing not to lose.

There are a lot of really good coaches in the high school, college, and pro ranks. But there are only a handfull of great coaches. What sets the great coaches apart is that they play to win at all times. San Diego will never do anything with Schott at the helm because that cat always plays not to lose.

And playing not to lose properly was the rap on Cowher (formerly known as "Little Marty" since he was Marty's special teams coach in Cleveland and defensiove coordinator in KC) until last year's Super Bowl run.

My only concern is that the Chargers may be as pi**ed of about losing today as teh Steelers are about kicking the Bengals' game away.

A modest prediction - whoever loses next Sunday night, after what I predict will be a game with 2 sky high teams playing on the edge of desperation, will not make the playoffs

boLT fan
10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Marty won't learn. He never has and never will. I thought this season he could learn but he's just to damn stupid.

Lyn
10-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Kill Cincy!~ We know from personal experience, you can do it, Tom :)

:banana: :tt02: :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Amen to that. Come on Pats. BEAT THE BENGALS.

Lyn
10-01-2006, 04:05 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO NE Scores!

lilyoder6
well san diego messed up. :( oh well

OX1947
What a frustrating game for it to end that way. I live in SD and follow them alot and seeing those guys play their hearts out and to have an idiot run them in to the ground, man, that takes all your heart out. As bad as it was, Im still a Steeler fan and I hope it lingers into next week, but Marty Ball is the most dreadful thing I have ever seen in football....

Lyn
10-01-2006, 04:06 PM
NE 7 Bengals 6 and it was rookie that scored for NE, correct me if I am wrong and thanks!

BigJen
10-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Marty didn't miss the field goal or botch the punt.

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Yup Rookie Lo-Mo in for the TD.

Bengals are moving the ball with ease on offesne and they look the better team at the minute.

Big series for the D here.

NM

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Alright. I at least want to have one team within distance we can catch.

boLT fan
10-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Marty didn't miss the field goal or botch the punt.

But he did sit on a 6 point lead and run a dive on 3 and 18 instead of passing once and ****ing while.

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Patriots D is improving aginst carson - he has only completed 5 out his last 14 passes.

Offense need to capitalise again.

C'mon Patriots.

NM

Lyn
10-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Let's hope Brady can pull out a win for us. How can he not he has Hank Poteat and Chad Scott in the secondary. :)

Lyn
10-01-2006, 04:28 PM
mmm that was PURTY NE 14 Bad Guys 6

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 04:29 PM
WOOT! TD Patriots.

Brady to Gabriel hook up.

14-6 Patriots.

Need to keep the Bengals out of the endzone on this possession.

NM

Lyn
10-01-2006, 04:33 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH the ground stopped 85 so I guess he can be stopped :)

silver2000svt
10-01-2006, 05:04 PM
How bad did Marty coach in the second half... I sat here saying... If they don't pass the ball in second half, they will lose this game... Marty you are an idiot..

Lyn
10-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Okay you dieheart Pats fans.................how did the patriots allow another touchdown?

The one damn day in my entire life I have supported that team........:)

Lyn
10-01-2006, 05:12 PM
BB 100th game? 3 superbowls in 4 years, he has to win this one. :tt02:

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 05:22 PM
21-13

This game is catching fire.

NM

Petesburgh66
10-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Nice pathetic run D there Bungals. It was shown last week. This week is no different.

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm surprised the one palmer pass wasn't picked.

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Wow a Patriots turnover - I nearly fainted.

7 more points.

31-13

NM

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Nice.

Turnover No.2

NM

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Wow a Patriots turnover - I nearly fainted.

7 more points.

31-13

NM

Even when we don't play you,.....you just can't stop making us look foolish :banging: LOL
"Thank's" LITP for showing the football world what kind of p#ssy's that we're allowing to eat at our expense.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2006, 06:14 PM
That makes it easier for us to catch 1 team.

hardwork
10-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Ok, you owe us one.

CantStop85
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Good job to the New England Patriots. Their defense played great today, getting at Carson Palmer in every direction. Their running game also played great, Maroney was a beast to say the least.

The Bengals still have a lot of work to do...there's too much penetration through the O-Line and the run defense looked just horrid. Hopefully, the team will come back together after the bye week. This game was a very much needed reality check.

hardwork
10-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Good job to the New England Patriots. Their defense played great today, getting at Carson Palmer in every direction. Their running game also played great, Maroney was a beast to say the least.

The Bengals still have a lot of work to do...there's too much penetration through the O-Line and the run defense looked just horrid. Hopefully, the team will come back together after the bye week. This game was a very much needed reality check.

Appreciate your post. Usually the Patriots don't get any respect.

CantStop85
10-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Appreciate your post. Usually the Patriots don't get any respect.
Yeah, I knew we were in trouble when we had to settle for fg's on our first two drives. The Bengals made a good effort coming out of the half but fell a little flat and the Patriots just pounced on them, never giving them a chance to get back in it.

As long as the Patriots have Bill and Tom they'll be a tough team to beat.

X-Terminator
10-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Ok, you owe us one.

:thumbsup:

Nice job, gentlemen!

steelers07
10-01-2006, 06:54 PM

Hey I have to give you some respect! That was cool of you to look at the reality of the football game! I will say this it's hard to beat NE after they are coming off of a loss! It's was a good game to watch though. Good Job PATS!!!!

tony hipchest
10-01-2006, 06:58 PM
in it.

As long as the Patriots have Bill and Tom they'll be a tough team to beat.

for the bungles maybe. they already won their sb for the year. while i predicted a bengal blow out i definitely underestimated their capabilities to suck.

good thing is, it dont matter if the pats go 11-5 or 8-8. they still win the division and host a wild card game.

(and lol @ hardwork saying the steelers owe him one):toofunny:

just cause miami sucks...dont expect any extra help.

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 07:15 PM
for the bungles maybe. they already won their sb for the year. while i predicted a bengal blow out i definitely underestimated their capabilities to suck.

LMAO,.....sad part is,... we let these cat's (Bungal's) even feel like they deserve to be on the field with us,....knock it off. I hope the entire lockeroom was paying attention today.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 07:28 PM

Hey 85,

thanks for the props.

I think the big difference today was our D camoflaged its obvious weakness (pass D) better than the Bengals camoflaged theirs (run D)

Its still a very exciting unit you have there - it should be remembered that these games are just sparring for what lies ahead in the post-season.

Obviously you need help in the LBer corps - you are missing a couple of talented young guys there.

Today we executed better - simple as that.

I expect to see the Bengals in the post-season.

:cheers:

NM

tony hipchest
10-01-2006, 07:32 PM

NM...and hope not to see the steelers. :cheers:

tony hipchest
10-01-2006, 07:36 PM
the refs are screwing up. they actually called wilcox's catch and fumble at the goal line a catch and fumble in the sd/balt game.:rolleyes:.

actually i was impressed that they finally got 1 right.

CantStop85
10-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey 85,

thanks for the props.

I think the big difference today was our D camoflaged its obvious weakness (pass D) better than the Bengals camoflaged theirs (run D)

Its still a very exciting unit you have there - it should be remembered that these games are just sparring for what lies ahead in the post-season.

Obviously you need help in the LBer corps - you are missing a couple of talented young guys there.

Today we executed better - simple as that.

NM
I'll trade you Chris Henry for Roosevelt Colvin. :flap:

Livinginthe past
10-01-2006, 07:42 PM

Ha ha.

Nice try.

If we had the depth at LBer we had 2/3 years ago it wouldnt be a bad trade - but this year we need every available body.

I think this latest episode will either make or break Chris Henry.

NM

boLT fan
10-01-2006, 07:52 PM

I'll trade you Marty Schottenheimer for a stick of gum. :dang:

stillers4me
10-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I haven't enjoyed a football game that much since...oh let me think.......last February!!!!!!

CantStop85
10-01-2006, 08:01 PM
You got a deal...he'll be a starting LB within a week. :flap:

BlackNGold203
10-01-2006, 08:16 PM

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Lyn
10-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I really do not think the Bengals are as good as the majority of you do. They came out running & scoring in their 1st games. They beat the Steelers which is really what they wanted to accomplish. (Superbowl team + Division team) They played a real team today, a team that does not get rattled, a team that works better under pressure. Bengals caved and they will again. When they play the Steelers you have to factor in the emotion.

Football is sometimes 85% Attitutde

:tt02:

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I really do not think the Bengals are as good as the majority of you do. They came out running & scoring in their 1st games. They beat the Steelers which is really what they wanted to accomplish. (Superbowl team + Division team) They played a real team today, a team that does not get rattled, a team that works better under pressure. Bengals caved and they will again. When they play the Steelers you have to factor in the emotion.

Exactly,.....well said Ma.

'Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

hardwork
10-01-2006, 09:54 PM

I heard Jim Brown say that and no one ran with more attitude then he did.

Lyn
10-01-2006, 10:16 PM
How true, Jim Brown was one awesome football player!~

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 10:18 PM
I heard Jim Brown say that and no one ran with more attitude then he did.

Apparently Maroney is of the same mindset. You guy's have elite player in this Kid.

hardwork
10-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Apparently Maroney is of the same mindset. You guy's have elite player in this Kid.

I hope so. For our sake, sure, but mostly for his sake. From what I've seen of him, and the vibes I've picked up, he seems like a good kid who just loves to play football. Being in the NFL is a dream come true for Maroney, it's written all over his face.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-02-2006, 12:45 AM

They have some good players Lynnie. I haven't read all the responses to this thread so this may be repetitive but what is true about the Bengals and what is true about winning Super Bowls is not heretic. If you can't stop the run then just fill the regular season seats.

As we "bounce off the bottom" we run and stop the run. Fundamentals and dicipline. At 1-2 or 1-3 we still do both vey well.

Is there any wonder why hysterical Bengal fan is overly obsessed with the canon and fire power of their QB and receivers and less concerned about controlling the trenches.

boLT fan
10-02-2006, 07:15 PM
One positive thing about this Chargers game is we learned we have one of the best defenders against the pass: Marty Schottenheimer. He sure always is always able to shut down QB's and not let them gain a yard of passing. Unfortunatly, that QB is always on our team.

Livinginthe past
10-02-2006, 07:30 PM
One positive thing about this Chargers game is we learned we have one of the best defenders against the pass: Marty Schottenheimer. He sure always is always able to shut down QB's and not let them gain a yard of passing. Unfortunatly, that QB is always on our team.

Ouch.

I feel for you boLT fan, I really do.

You never know how some people are going to react under pressure until it happens - some guys go risk crazy, others get tighter than a Scotsman - Schotty is obviously one of the latter.

I look at yesterdays game against the bengals and the 4th and goal we had at the 1 - I think Schonttenheimer would have kicked the FG whereas BB put his faith in the team to get the RB in - even though he had been stopped on 3 previous plays.

Thats playing to win - putting your foot on the other teams windpipe, so to speak ( no need to take it literally Mr Haynesworth) when you get the opportunity.

NM

boLT fan
10-02-2006, 07:43 PM
I look at yesterdays game against the bengals and the 4th and goal we had at the 1 - I think Schonttenheimer would have kicked the FG whereas BB put his faith in the team to get the RB in - even though he had been stopped on 3 previous plays.
NM

Actually, you wouldn't be close enough for a field goal. Haven't you learned the rythm of the Martyball?

Run-Run-Punt, Run-Run-Punt.

It's like an indian chant, and can be played along side the Guilligan Island theme song.