PDA

View Full Version : Game next week me be moved to Monday

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Was just talking to my mom she's right outside of pittsburgh and she said there was an article in the local paper in the last couple days saying they may move the Steeler/Chargers game from Sunday night to Monday. I think the decision has to be made by Thursday. Anyone else hear or read this??

24seven
10-01-2006, 06:58 PM
That would be sweet cause I don't have hd for my locals yet.. just espn.. that would mean i could watch a high definition ass whoopin :) i'm for it..

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't think it will be moved to monday. The NFL would have a lot to do if it is moved to monday.

Btrice
10-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Moving a game this close to kickoff is a logistical nightmare.

I couldn't find anything on the trib online or the PG online.

24seven
10-01-2006, 07:30 PM
They did say this could happen though.. they have like 4 or so choices to move a game to monday or sunday if it's a better game than that was scheduled...not sure on the exact details but i wouldn't put it past them to be able to make it happen..

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-01-2006, 07:33 PM
They did say this could happen though.. they have like 4 or so choices to move a game to monday or sunday if it's a better game than that was scheduled...not sure on the exact details but i wouldn't put it past them to be able to make it happen..

Yes the NFL did mention that they will be moving games around this year.

Btrice
10-01-2006, 07:34 PM
The Ratbirds are 4-0 though and Denver can be an exciting team. Personally I'd rather them move an afternoon game of ours since I usually have to sit through TB, Jax, or Miami crap down here and can't get the Steelers.

Midnightwriter07
10-01-2006, 07:41 PM
The S.D Padres are in the playoffs ... so game might be moved

Btrice
10-01-2006, 07:54 PM
LOL I forgot that Major League Baseball still existed, yeah that could cause a scheduling conflict.

24seven
10-01-2006, 09:18 PM
LOL I forgot that Major League Baseball still existed, yeah that could cause a scheduling conflict.

true dat.. when there's a mans sport goin on I totally forget about all other sports.. specially stick ball...

BlackNGold203
10-01-2006, 09:40 PM

This new rule only applies in the final 4 weeks of the season.....

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2006, 09:58 PM
The S.D Padres are in the playoffs ... so game might be moved

They don't play in the same stadium anymore. They could just play one game at 1 and the other at 8. The Pirates did that before with the Steelers.

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2006, 10:04 PM

Yeah, but I think it said that it was after a certain week in the schedule.

stlrtruck
10-01-2006, 10:23 PM
It's a night game next week, let baseball do the rescheduling of their playoffs. If they go to Monday, there's no guarentee that it goes national! That could create a logistics nightmare for television stations!

Lyn
10-01-2006, 10:28 PM
I have the Chicago/Seahawk game on right now and they again just advertised next week's Sunday night game, Steelers.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I dont think games can be moved to Mondays until after week 8.....Teams are already scheduled for modays up to week 8

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-01-2006, 10:53 PM
the ravens/denver game is on monday?
why would they do that? are they switching or are they having 2 games.......
Plus this would mean that it would not be on TV........
Thats a big game......People will go Nucking Futs

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-01-2006, 10:55 PM
It's a night game next week, let baseball do the rescheduling of their playoffs. If they go to Monday, there's no guarentee that it goes national! That could create a logistics nightmare for television stations!

Lets just move the game to Pittsburgh.......We can give teh chargers "home field advantage"

Da'Burgh
10-01-2006, 10:56 PM

Hey, I like baseball.

Who thought the Padres would be in though... that's kind of unexpected.....the NL sucks.

Btrice
10-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey, I like baseball.

Who thought the Padres would be in though... that's kind of unexpected.....the NL sucks.

I do too. Its just the National League has become Quad-A ball and my Red Sox have let Theo run them into the ground.[/offtopic]

RowHH
10-02-2006, 12:32 AM
The Steelers-Chargers game won't be moved. The Padres play on the road that weekend, plus, as others mentioned, they play their home games in a baseball-only facility.

The NFL's so-called flexible scheduling begins with games scheduled for Nov. 12 and does not involve moving games to Monday. We play the Saints in Pittsburgh that day. The league will move one game to the 8:30 time slot. They have to announce their selection at least 12 days in advance.

HEREWEGO
10-02-2006, 03:26 AM
i read it depended on if the padres won tonight or something...maybe im wrong. I guess we will all just have to wait and see!

19ward86
10-02-2006, 08:37 AM
it wouldnt be that big of a deal, the game is on sunday night so it is only a 24hr diff.

steelcurtain09
10-02-2006, 05:47 PM
The Steelers-Chargers game won't be moved. The Padres play on the road that weekend, plus, as others mentioned, they play their home games in a baseball-only facility.

The NFL's so-called flexible scheduling begins with games scheduled for Nov. 12 and does not involve moving games to Monday. We play the Saints in Pittsburgh that day. The league will move one game to the 8:30 time slot. They have to announce their selection at least 12 days in advance.

for those of u who havent figured it out tht is the last 7 weeks of the season.
the reason.
"Under the new agreement, the NFL will provide flexible game scheduling over the final seven weeks of the regular season. The flexible game selection, offered for the first time by the NFL, will ensure marquee match-ups over the final seven weeks of the season when many teams' playoff chances are at stake."
www.ge.com/stories/en/20346.html?category=Product_Home - 16k -

melroseplace
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Lets just move the game to Pittsburgh.......We can give teh chargers "home field advantage"

I'd be okay with it :tt:

klick81
10-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Man, this better not happen. I don't want to ask for a whole day off of work to make it to the game. I've only been working here for 3 months.

Lefturn
10-02-2006, 08:56 PM
I really hope not, I would much rather watch the game & the pre-game on NBC.

Man_Of_Steel
10-02-2006, 09:41 PM
for those of u who havent figured it out tht is the last 7 weeks of the season.
the reason.
"Under the new agreement, the NFL will provide flexible game scheduling over the final seven weeks of the regular season. The flexible game selection, offered for the first time by the NFL, will ensure marquee match-ups over the final seven weeks of the season when many teams' playoff chances are at stake."
www.ge.com/stories/en/20346.html?category=Product_Home - 16k -

BINGO! This game CAN'T be moved.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2006, 09:05 AM
it wouldnt be that big of a deal, the game is on sunday night so it is only a 24hr diff.

It wouldnt be on TV

tony hipchest
10-03-2006, 09:51 AM
its the vikings game that may be moved, assuming the twins need a game 5 ( i think) for their series.

Elvis
10-03-2006, 10:22 PM
19ward86
that would drive me nuts if I have to wait that extra 24 hours bud... after a long day in the emergency room today... I need some football... but I am pretty sure that they cant move until late in the year maybe the last 6 weeks or so... steelcurtain has got it right in his thread I believe..
I have hit a milestone tonight.... 300 threads....
GOTTA LOVE OUR BLACKNGOLD!!!!!!

ROYND1
10-04-2006, 04:33 AM
They better not move it, I'm flying out from Orlando to see the game and flying back Mon. morning!!!!!:banging: I believe it's the Twins and Vikings game that's at issue not the Chargers and Padres.Dif stadiums.:tt02:

Lyn
10-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Even if they did move it, which they are not, they would do the same thing they did when 9/11 occurred, they held the makeup game at the end of the season.