PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bush

kyflash15
10-01-2006, 06:09 PM
What do you all think about our chances of getting Michael Bush next year in the draft? If we don't get him who do you think we need to get?

Steelers
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Darrelle Revis. He's the definition of an athlete.

Dynasty
10-01-2006, 06:24 PM
He looks good, but we really need a running back in this years draft, then some linbeackers.

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 06:33 PM
He looks good, but we really need a running back in this years draft, then some linbeackers.

If Bush doesn't do the whole injury redshirt thing,.. and does well at the combine,...he's looking at the late teens in the first. We could move up an make it happen. Although,... if we don't get our heads out of our arses we could very well be in position to land Adrian Peterson or a genuine stud WR,....Calvin Johnson Ga Tech. LOL But i refuse to even think that way.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Hines0wnz
10-01-2006, 07:00 PM
The two linebackers at Ohio State, Freeman and Laurinaitis, look good but only Freeman may be available.

BlackNGold203
10-01-2006, 08:11 PM
LMAO....

We have a young, perennial 1200-1500 yard back...and everyone wants to move up in round one to draft a RB with a broken leg???

God..I hate bye weeks.......

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2006, 08:12 PM
TOO EARLY TO TALK ABOUT THE DRAFT!!!!!!

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 08:33 PM
LMAO....

We have a young, perennial 1200-1500 yard back...and everyone wants to move up in round one to draft a RB with a broken leg???

Knock it off 203 lol,.......nobody's dissing Willie or making light of his considerable Game. (I'm one of his staunchest supporter's) It's just a matter of a getting a Power Back to compliment him in the very likely event of a defensive, physical, dogfight games. (ie jags game)
Not to say Willie can't get off in games like this,....we just have to be able to pound some fight out of them first. Remember,.....fatigue makes coward's of most men.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

BlackNGold203
10-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Knock it off 203 lol,.......nobody's dissing Willie or making light of his considerable Game. (I'm one of his staunchest supporter's) It's just a matter of a getting a Power Back to compliment him in the very likely event of a defensive, physical, dogfight games. (ie jags game)
Not to say Willie can't get off in games like this,....we just have to be able to pound some fight out of them first. Remember,.....fatigue makes coward's of most men.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

OK..I'll participate in this....

You dont trade up..in the FIRST ROUND....to take a secondary RB.....

you just....dont...especially one with a nasty broken leg......:dang:

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 08:50 PM

I don't know if you've ever played football before 203,....but a break is not as detrimental as ligament damage. He's (Bush) young,.... If he rehab's properly it shouldn't be a problem. (Ie Antonio Cromartie) It's the mental effect's that are sometimes the most difficult to overcome.
And in regard's to trading up for a powerful, talented, steal of a player to be a "secondary" back,......most teams wouldn't. But that's why they are not us,...and i'm very good with that fact. The only player that's not a RB that i would take in the first, based on our current roster is Calvin Johnson.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

stlrtruck
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
LMAO....

You and me both!!!
I don't understand it. Players make more money, have better lives, and yet they need a break in between it all? I thought that's what February - June was for?

I still remember a day when the NFL meant football was football!

Oh to only dream of days long gone!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-01-2006, 09:42 PM
lets just lose the rest of our games.......Get the number 1 pick in the draft....thats if the browns win a game this year......and then trade it away for some great picks in 2008 draft.
Bye week...:dang:

BlackNGold203
10-01-2006, 09:59 PM
lets just lose the rest of our games.......Get the number 1 pick in the draft....thats if the browns win a game this year......and then trade it away for some great picks in 2008 draft.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

we can get back to talking rationally any day now....:cool:

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 10:11 PM

Who's talking about losing ?,......perhaps your taking this in the wrong context. The point is we have a shot at Bush even with repeating. Given the fact he could end up in our Range to move up for. (ie Santonio Holmes)

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

jason97673
10-01-2006, 11:02 PM
This is my first post here because ESPN forums are trolled too much.

Anyway, we do not need a running back. An Outside Linebacker, or Middle LB is the most important position we need right now. Maybe DE because Keisel is a bit small for a DE in the 3-4.

Reason is Porter and Hagans contracts are up at the end of this season. Chances are we will only keep one of them. We have Harisson who could fill in great if one leaves but who is to say he will be consistant over all 16 games like Porter and Hagans normally are.

Another Position is Offensive Lineman

Porter, Aaron Smith, Farrior, Faneca, Hagans, Hoke, Polamalu, Simmons, Okobi, Kirsche, Colcough, Essex, Wallace, Kemoeatu.

That is alot of money. 3 of our 4 Linebackers are up for Contract. Farrior may be gone cuz he is getting older and slower. And Hagans or Porter might be gone. Hartings will be retired, Simmons could be gone or resigned.

We need a Linebacker bad. If Farrior and Porter go we are stuck with Foote, Hagans, Harisson, and Rian Wallace? I dont like that idea.

paw-n-maul-u
10-01-2006, 11:22 PM

alright ... wait ... benson on the bears sure has taken the back seat the last two years ... reggie bush in new orleans ... williams to carolina ... I think the whole point of drafting michael bush if it happened would be to COMPLEMENT parker ... or actually i would hope the other way around ... parker can do some pretty good work against the likes of miami and cincy, but wait until this week vs. San Diego ... if he goes past 50 yards against them i would be impressed ... we don't have a big back that can wear a team down ... parker should never go above 10-15 carries a game ... i just dont think he's suited to be an every down back ... not to mention until these past two years he really has never carried the load for a team (which is another thing that concerns me) ... the steelers need another RB that can take 20 or so carries a game and take pressure off ben and parker ... I would much rather see two pairs of fresh legs with loads of DIFFERENT TYPE of talent to offer to our running game than rely soley on parker.

anyway, here's to hoping that ben gets his shizz straight, our recievers learn to hold on to the ball, and our secondary stops giving up such big passes

jason97673
10-01-2006, 11:40 PM
alright ... wait ... benson on the bears sure has taken the back seat the last two years ... reggie bush in new orleans ... williams to carolina ... I think the whole point of drafting michael bush if it happened would be to COMPLEMENT parker ... or actually i would hope the other way around ... parker can do some pretty good work against the likes of miami and cincy, but wait until this week vs. San Diego ... if he goes past 50 yards against them i would be impressed ... we don't have a big back that can wear a team down ... parker should never go above 10-15 carries a game ... i just dont think he's suited to be an every down back ... not to mention until these past two years he really has never carried the load for a team (which is another thing that concerns me) ... the steelers need another RB that can take 20 or so carries a game and take pressure off ben and parker ... I would much rather see two pairs of fresh legs with loads of DIFFERENT TYPE of talent to offer to our running game than rely soley on parker.

anyway, here's to hoping that ben gets his shizz straight, our recievers learn to hold on to the ball, and our secondary stops giving up such big passes

10-15 carries a game? Are you crazy (No offense :smile: ) but he has def proved he can handle it well atleast early in the year. We dont know what will happen later though but he is def better than last year. He runs with more power then he ever has.

Infamix
10-02-2006, 07:34 AM

Am I the only one not sold on this "big back" system to wear the defense down? I think Willie can carry the load this year. Running the ball hard doesn't mean having to run the ball and hit every defensive player while your at it. You have to find the hole, hit it, and dodge as many defenders while preserving your body. Warrick Dunn has put up big yards his whole career, and is still able to run after 10 years, weighing in at 180 pounds.

19ward86
10-02-2006, 07:38 AM
i think we could get michael bush but i dont want all of that talent to be a backup, we might as well wait until the 3rd or 4th round and get a big back.

paw-n-maul-u
10-02-2006, 11:06 AM
10-15 carries a game? Are you crazy (No offense :smile: ) but he has def proved he can handle it well atleast early in the year. We dont know what will happen later though but he is def better than last year. He runs with more power then he ever has.

what i meant was 10-15 carries for parker ... 20ish carries for (insert name here ... i wish Michael Bush) ... and then a few for haynes every once in awhile ... this would take a LOAD of pressure off of ben. parker is just not the kind of back taht is going to wear a team down, yes he might have added a little weight this off season, but i also think that hes been listening to some critics a little too much (it seems like hes sometimes a little TOO patient and sometimes dances around waiting for a perfect cutback lane or hole to open up ... which is good considering last year i just saw him explode right INTO a pile and go nowhere ... but now ... esp. noticeable in the j-ville game ... he was waiting a little too long to hit a whole or take it to the outside)

FSUBoo
10-03-2006, 11:50 PM
I don't know if I would go for a RB in the first round. I think there are a few decent backs out there. I know the Adrian Peterson seems like a guy who will be a great NFL back for 10 years, but I don't know if the entire class of RBs with him are way behind him. I like a few of the backs out there in the college ranks. And I also think that if he was given a shot, Brian Leonard of Rutgers could actually play RB in the NFL. He might not be fast, but he is a great athlete. As for people saying about Calvin Johnson, I don't think he is the best WR in this draft. I personally like Dwayne Jarrett. I think he has great hands, great body control, and exceptional ball skills. If we were to draft a LB, I would have to say the one I like the most is Patrick Willis (Ole Miss). He just seems like he would fit Pittsburgh style of linebacker well. As for DBs, I think that we could use a free safety, and a guy I think that would be around in the mid to late first round of the draft would be Tom Zbikowski of Notre Dame. He is undersized, but he seems like a real talent at safety to me.

Lyn
10-04-2006, 07:07 AM
I agree it is a little early for serious draft talk.

Elvis
10-04-2006, 07:48 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...... IS THE BYE WEEK OVER YET?