PDA

View Full Version : Washington/Jax

Steelers
10-01-2006, 06:31 PM
How does Washington put up 36 points (for the win) against Jaxsonville and we had zero? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that both teams that beat Pittsburgh lost today while the only team we beat lost to Houston...

Hines0wnz
10-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Washington was playing at home.

Cincy didnt really win as much as we gave them that game last week.

Miami just isnt that good.

Btrice
10-01-2006, 06:37 PM
This should probably be in the NFL Football section, but I would love to know how Clinton Portis (sp?) had such a good day rushing against them.

Steelers
10-01-2006, 06:38 PM
This should probably be in the NFL Football section

I dunno. We're analyzing past Steelers opponents to see what the Steelers' future will look like.

Btrice
10-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Good point, might want to update the thread title to reflect that (not sure how strict the mods are here)

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2006, 09:07 PM
How does Washington put up 36 points (for the win) against Jaxsonville and we had zero? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that both teams that beat Pittsburgh lost today while the only team we beat lost to Houston...

Was thinking the same. Makes us look even dumber now.

stlrtruck
10-01-2006, 09:17 PM
A simple answer should solve it...ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

Lyn
10-01-2006, 09:22 PM
The Bengals did not beat us stat wise. We have had some problems, we will still be okay.

Steelers have always started slowly.

:tt02:

RowHH
10-01-2006, 11:41 PM
I attended this game (got free tickets and dutifully took my mother-in-law, a diehard Skins fan).

Even though it was a close game, it had to be a letdown game for Jax. They were sky high for Our Steelers and undoubtedly were the same for Indy, their division rival. No way did they match that intensity today, for a road game against an NFC team. Also Washington had a very good offensive game plan. They ran a lot of counters, roll-outs, trick plays and others that made Jacksonville’s defense hesitate.

In the NFL I think it’s a case of, it’s not who you play but when you play them. For example, I don’t think anyone would have beaten the Saints last Monday. Just wasn’t gonna happen on that night. In that vein, credit Washington for their execution and game plan, but the Jags of today weren’t nearly the same as the Jags of two weeks ago.

SteelersWoman
10-02-2006, 01:54 AM
Jags scored 3 TDs against the Skins...
They scored 2 TDs against the Colts.

I'm sure I'm lookin at this bass ackwards, but what EYE see is not so much that other teams were able to score so many points against the Jags, (and we weren't) but how many TDs the Jags were able to get against those two teams.

Both the Colts and the Skins are doin better than the Steelers in the "W" column--but we were the only team that didn't allow the Jags to score a single TD. As bad as we played that night, we didn't even give them the satisfaction of ONE. The score could've been a lot more dismal looking if they'd have wracked up 2 or 3 (or more) TDs.

We also outplayed the Bengals (for at least 52 minutes according to one sports analyst).

I think all this is going to speak even more volumes as the season wears on.

If I'm way off base in my thinkin here, don't be afraid to tell me why :smile:

Preacher
10-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Jags scored 3 TDs against the Skins...
They scored 2 TDs against the Colts.

I'm sure I'm lookin at this bass ackwards, but what EYE see is not so much that other teams were able to score so many points against the Jags, (and we weren't) but how many TDs the Jags were able to get against those two teams.

Both the Colts and the Skins are doin better than the Steelers in the "W" column--but we were the only team that didn't allow the Jags to score a single TD. As bad as we played that night, we didn't even give them the satisfaction of ONE. The score could've been a lot more dismal looking if they'd have wracked up 2 or 3 (or more) TDs.

We also outplayed the Bengals (for at least 52 minutes according to one sports analyst).

I think all this is going to speak even more volumes as the season wears on.

If I'm way off base in my thinkin here, don't be afraid to tell me why :smile:

Actually, I think you are exactly right. The problem has not been the other teams (except Jax actually beat us). The problem is that we are just not playing well, but that is natural.

I have always said... Pittsburgh 3-3 or better in first six = January football.

ibleedburgundy
10-02-2006, 03:23 PM
I was at the game last night. My voice hurts and my head hurts but I feel great! Redskins defense is not playing up to par with years past. I saw the Jags/Steelers game and I agree, the Steelers defense played better than the Redskins against that particular unit. But, and this is a huge but, the Redskins were without Shawn Springs and I can't emphasize how huge that is. Jags only had 30 some rushing yards and gave up 4 sacks so I think so that is a positive. Byron Leftwich made some nice passes in stride that allowed them to gouge the Skins for huge gains. Also have to say, the Steeler offense against the Jags looked flat, and Roethlisberger looks a little weary. After all he's been through, who can blame him? When he gets healthy I think the Steelers will return to form.